Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Official noir owner

I finally grabbed this great drum synth after a chat with @stemshade about a video he made using it... Link below.

👾 this synth is fantastic, and you can get amazing results strait away with just some Random knob twists, or.. The 2 randomizers....I watched @jakoB_haQ video on it for a quick crash course and learned some cool modulating tricks you can do with its built in sequencer!

I took a while to get this synth as I was worried it could only create harsher , rougher sounds, which many people prefer, but I make more down tempo / ambient / chill wave stuff and wasn't sure if noir would fit into my sound.... Well I can say that it absolutely can be chill!
It's very flexible so far, and can't wait to see how it goes as I learn more!

Another great instrument from our man @brambos ! Well done!

Hopefully we can get some preset sharing going on in here#

Comments

• I loved the drum demos and bought it right away, but I’m using it just as much for tuned percussion.

• Can’t wait to see what @brambos has cooking.
    He has hinted at it being some sort of midi sequencing effect app.
    Whatever it ends up being, I am sure it will be killer.

• @CracklePot said:
    Can’t wait to see what @brambos has cooking.

So, where is the „holy cow... What is brambos cooking“ thread?

• edited March 2019

Love Noir. It's become my go-to for drums and it's light on resources. Sort of, off-topic, but how much is it DFAM or its own Eurorack-iOS love child? I kind of want a hardware version of it.

• @david_2017 said:

@CracklePot said:

He keeps leaving the cryptic ‘hold that thought’ comment on a couple of the hot Midi AU threads. When people request a cool sounding feature on these other threads, he pops up every now and then to drop that clue.

If you are following the Polythemus thread, or the AU Piano roll/sequencer thread, I think I saw him on those.

I try to not start hype threads about ‘coming soon’ stuff. I will leave that to the devs themselves, or a trusted beta tester. I fear it puts undue pressure on the dev if they didn’t want the info made public.

• It’s a great app. The distortions sound great. I use it mostly for hats or dfam type noisy tomish loops but it’s great for a lot.

• @CracklePot said:

@david_2017 said:

@CracklePot said:

He keeps leaving the cryptic ‘hold that thought’ comment on a couple of the hot Midi AU threads. When people request a cool sounding feature on these other threads, he pops up every now and then to drop that clue.

A couple of years back I mentioned something about 'wouldn't it be great to have an AU MIDI sequencer' in a thread, and he replied something along the lines of 'funny you should say that..' and a few months later Rozeta appeared.

• @stemshade said:
    It’s a great app. The distortions sound great. I use it mostly for hats or dfam type noisy tomish loops but it’s great for a lot.

Yeah Brams hats patch is awesome. I use it often too. And the random Button haha

• I love it for hats!!!
    Also with automating you can get some nice grooves that change over time and create interesting progressions that really glue the melodies to the rhythm and make what could be boring come to life

• edited March 2019

I have one request complaint? I’d love it if the controls that determine “volume” freq boost, but driver, and gain could be omitted from randomization via preferences or a toggle. Not that putting a compressor even temporarily on a channel is too much of a pain, but sometimes it would be nice to hear the randomized sound.

Unless someone has a way around this ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    I have one request complaint? I’d love it if the controls that determine “volume” freq boost, but driver, and gain could be omitted from randomization via preferences or a toggle. Not that putting a compressor even temporarily on a channel is too much of a pain, but sometimes it would be nice to hear the randomized sound.

Unless someone has a way around this ;)

that is a pretty good suggestion, deff don't need the volume changing just while looking for a random sound

• edited March 2019

Welcome to the club!

Regarding my work-in-progress. I'm working on it, and it's progressing nicely but I'm waiting for the right moment to present the idea.

As I've said before, this one is going to be a bit more niche/less mainstream so I'm careful about how to communicate and appeal to the right audience and not create the wrong expectations or misrepresent the concept.

I'm fairly certain some people are going to love it, and some will have absolutely no need/love for it.

At the very least it is something I really wanted to make and it's been a really fun project so far for me personally. As you may know I only do projects I enjoy doing - and not just make stuff because there is demand for it. For example, I've made at least three starts for a Rozeta Pianoroll plugin, but always shelved it early on because making pianorolls is so mindnumbingly tedious. So I'm really happy audioveek is picking up the challenge for that; I'm sure there's a pretty substantial market for it.

More info soon, when I have enough to show and explain my concept.

• Something I've found to be a perfect partner to all of the @brambos percussion engines is RX950, which emulates the AD/DA signal path of the legendary Akai 950 sampler's 12-bit audio engine. This is so much more than bit reduction. And a somewhat apt pick after@brambos mentions 'niche'!

RX950 isn't going to be for everybody, but for those looking for that SP-1200/Akai 950 12-bit punch, it's killer. Cheap as chips too.

And whilst I'm here, something more directly related to Noir. Try sequencing it from Patterning 2. You can add as many MIDI CC control lanes as you require, and that bird's eye view of Patterning is a supremely fluid UX for working with something so modulation-centric as Noir.

• @nondes said:
    Love Noir. It's become my go-to for drums and it's light on resources. Sort of, off-topic, but how much is it DFAM or its own Eurorack-iOS love child? I kind of want a hardware version of it.

I'm wanting the DFAM big time. Would eventually like to rack it with my Mother 32. Seems like the perfect pair to me.

• @kinkujin said:

@nondes said:

I'm wanting the DFAM big time. Would eventually like to rack it with my Mother 32. Seems like the perfect pair to me.

The DFAM is ace, and as you say perfect Eurorack artillery. Reckon it's pretty good value too.

• @nondes said:

I don’t have a DFAM but my band mate does and I’ve used it a lot. Frankly, noir kinda lowered my want for use getting the DFAM out. Can get so much similar and you can much more easily do tuned percussion with Noir. I’d personally, oh I did, get a different Moog.

• @Multicellular Yeah, I'm thinking a euro setup with percussion abilities with that Noir feeling is probably a better route. Felt same way when Noir came out, sorry Moog. And when Zeeon came out, sorry Korg. #notreally

• If you have Aum, Ruismaker Noir, Ripplemaker, Perforator, Kosmonaut and AdVerb - this should work for you... created on iPad works in iPhone too... add some Rozeta LFOs to modulate some parameters- instant tekno!
    Have fun folks
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yoieafj9w6nxmqy/Untitled 2019-03-20 161953-BlackFudgeBeasts-2.aumproj?dl=0

• @Multicellular said:

@nondes said:

I don’t have a DFAM but my band mate does and I’ve used it a lot. Frankly, noir kinda lowered my want for use getting the DFAM out. Can get so much similar and you can much more easily do tuned percussion with Noir. I’d personally, oh I did, get a different Moog.

When you say "tuned percussion" do you mean tuned to a scale? Or just more generically as a way to describe the sound it makes?

Would love to hear your presets as I use it for very similar purposes and it's flexible/sounds great.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Multicellular said:

@nondes said:

When you say "tuned percussion" do you mean tuned to a scale? Or just more generically as a way to describe the sound it makes?

Would love to hear your presets as I use it for very similar purposes and it's flexible/sounds great.

If you put the pitch knobs all the way up or down, they’ll play in tune when fed midi. So yes playing specific notes on them, like a very percussive pitched instrument. Hard to do with the internal sequencer, but easy as any plugin synth with a piano roll.

Happy to share them when I get a minute. Theyre just saved in projects so I’d have to go through a bunch of songs and actually save the presets.

• Also love the random button. Sat on the beach yesterday for an hour and just recorded samples out of this thing via random. Hey I hate the beach ..One of my favorite beach trips so far.

• @Multicellular said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Multicellular said:

@nondes said:

If you put the pitch knobs all the way up or down, they’ll play in tune when fed midi. So yes playing specific notes on them, like a very percussive pitched instrument. Hard to do with the internal sequencer, but easy as any plugin synth with a piano roll.

Happy to share them when I get a minute. Theyre just saved in projects so I’d have to go through a bunch of songs and actually save the presets.

Ah right, makes sense. I use the internal sequencer because I love how the mutate feature allows variety in a mix. But will try it as MIDI in as you suggest. Presets would be great if you have a minute. Thx.