Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Maschine MK3 (or studio)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

MPC LIVE?

Me thought you used the Octa?

nope at least not yet, I have a digitakt and a model samples though, but holding off on anything else from elektron until the next model is released cause I'm sure it will be as powerful as the octa and as accessible as the digitakt/model samples but hopefully have more sample time and storage

the mpc live on it's own and has more compositional /arrangement capability than anything from elektron as it's got the majority of the core features of the mpc sequencer that's been around for decades, that now people think you have to get from a daw. I think it's partially ni that lead people to believe that you needed a daw to do full arrangements, time signature, muting, and tempo edits etc.. because they didn't offer it in maschine but that stuff has been in old groove boxes forever..

and of course my soulmate ableton live has no peer lol

• Somebody called maschine mkiii a groovebox? Its a midi controller! The mpclive or x are stand alone samplers! Do not confuse this fact. I played with the maschine mkiii ended up buying an mpclive and an akai force! I didnt feel the workflow of maschine at all.

• @kobamoto said:

@RUST( i )K said:

MPC LIVE?

nope at least not yet, I have a digitakt and a model samples though, but holding off on anything else from elektron until the next model is released cause I'm sure it will be as powerful as the octa and as accessible as the digitakt/model samples but hopefully have more sample time and storage

the mpc live on it's own and has more compositional /arrangement capability than anything from elektron as it's got the majority of the core features of the mpc sequencer that's been around for decades, that now people think you have to get from a daw. I think it's partially ni that lead people to believe that you needed a daw to do full arrangements, time signature, muting, and tempo edits etc.. because they didn't offer it in maschine but that stuff has been in old groove boxes forever..

No sir.

Stuck on stupid with Ableton till the day I die.

What about Model? What are you doing with that you couldn't with Digitakt?

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Somebody called maschine mkiii a groovebox? Its a midi controller! The mpclive or x are stand alone samplers! Do not confuse this fact. I played with the maschine mkiii ended up buying an mpclive and an akai force! I didnt feel the workflow of maschine at all.

Why?

• It's funny I don't get hung up on DAW vs hardware. My studio has lots of kit with knobs that I love and I use lots of computer music technology that I also love.

There are other producers I know that have moved away from computer music technology over the last ten years and spend all their ill-gotten gains on modular kit, hardware synths and hardware sequencing tools like the Digitakt. And good for them. But at the same time, they've moved away from the world plugins and apps at a time when 'in-the-box' has come of age.

I feel it's sad that people have to be so binary about this stuff, as each camp miss out on the jewels on offer on the other side of the fence.

• @kobamoto have you played with the touch ? If so , does it feel like a b-class live ?
    A complete standalone is overkill for me, so I was thinking getting the touch (now discontinued)

• I have Push 2 w/ Ableton Ultimate and Maschine MK3 w/ 12 collectors ed ... I love Ableton, but when I just want to get an idea together out of nothing, or search for inspiration -- I usually go to MK3. I assembled my work area to focus on Maschine - next to Komplete control 61 on my main desk.

It's quick, expressive & my entire library of VST natively works with it, including sound previews for most everything (Arturia V collection, softube modular/tape/heartbeat ) .. With Push, browsing for sounds to get started = much less visceral ..I obviously have more power and endless options with Ableton - but limitation breeds creativity, thus my preference.

In the same vein, Deluge is also another device I commonly gravitate toward -- It's actually quicker to translate what's in my head to it than anything else I've worked with. Sometimes I use Maschine and Deluge together when I want to flesh out ideas, and then occasionally run everything in Ableton to begin to polish or experiment.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:

@RUST( i )K said:

MPC LIVE?

No sir.

Stuck on stupid with Ableton till the day I die.

What about Model? What are you doing with that you couldn't with Digitakt?

model has better clock division features like on the octatrak and a better overall workflow, digitakt has p.lockable sample switching which is wonderful for finding on the fly randomized, happy accidental grooves lurking here and there, also mute states are saved with patterns, and great sidechain, more depth that the model does not have....

• @jonmoore said:
    It's funny I don't get hung up on DAW vs hardware. My studio has lots of kit with knobs that I love and I use lots of computer music technology that I also love.

There are other producers I know that have moved away from computer music technology over the last ten years and spend all their ill-gotten gains on modular kit, hardware synths and hardware sequencing tools like the Digitakt. And good for them. But at the same time, they've moved away from the world plugins and apps at a time when 'in-the-box' has come of age.

I feel it's sad that people have to be so binary about this stuff, as each camp miss out on the jewels on offer on the other side of the fence.

not me I'm hybrid for life, I already went through a disastrous dark period where I got rid of literally all hardware and went software only... worst experience ever..

• @Korakios said:
    @kobamoto have you played with the touch ? If so , does it feel like a b-class live ?
    A complete standalone is overkill for me, so I was thinking getting the touch (now discontinued)

I never gave the touch a thought, was peeved to ends of all peevability (not a word) that they imho made the orientation on it backwards with the pads and controllers on the wrong sides... but the stand alone nature of the mpc live has been wonderful in spite of it's continued backward orientation. I've actually looked into getting mine fixed but got over it before getting around to it. As much as I wish the orientation was reversed I love stuff that gets you out of your comfort zone and brings a new workflow to the table

• edited March 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@MrSmileZ said:
    Somebody called maschine mkiii a groovebox? Its a midi controller! The mpclive or x are stand alone samplers! Do not confuse this fact. I played with the maschine mkiii ended up buying an mpclive and an akai force! I didnt feel the workflow of maschine at all.

Why?

For what I do, mpclive and force forever!
    I can’t see myself forking over 1200 for live software and push2. I paid a little more and got a force. I’m already invested in the akai workflow so force was easy for me to just turn on and go to it. I have never liked the Ableton live user interface at all. I own komplete 10 and I only use a couple synths out of it... I tried using maschine mkiii at GC and I just didn’t like it at all...plus I gotta drag a laptop around to use it.. I can just take the MPC live wherever much easier. I liked the feel of the MPC better than the maschine. I don’t necessarily feel like one is better than the other, one just fit me much better than the other.

• @kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:
    @kobamoto have you played with the touch ? If so , does it feel like a b-class live ?

I never gave the touch a thought, was peeved to ends of all peevability (not a word) that they imho made the orientation on it backwards with the pads and controllers on the wrong sides... but the stand alone nature of the mpc live has been wonderful in spite of it's continued backward orientation. I've actually looked into getting mine fixed but got over it before getting around to it. As much as I wish the orientation was reversed I love stuff that gets you out of your comfort zone and brings a new workflow to the table

Ok, last (maybe) question ! Have you played with the mpd218 and compare the pads? can I squeeze them or they are stiff? (spoiled by padkontrol in the past)

• @ZenEagle said:
    I have Push 2 w/ Ableton Ultimate and Maschine MK3 w/ 12 collectors ed ... I love Ableton, but when I just want to get an idea together out of nothing, or search for inspiration -- I usually go to MK3. I assembled my work area to focus on Maschine - next to Komplete control 61 on my main desk.

It's quick, expressive & my entire library of VST natively works with it, including sound previews for most everything (Arturia V collection, softube modular/tape/heartbeat ) .. With Push, browsing for sounds to get started = much less visceral ..I obviously have more power and endless options with Ableton - but limitation breeds creativity, thus my preference.

In the same vein, Deluge is also another device I commonly gravitate toward -- It's actually quicker to translate what's in my head to it than anything else I've worked with. Sometimes I use Maschine and Deluge together when I want to flesh out ideas, and then occasionally run everything in Ableton to begin to polish or experiment.

I forgot about the Deluge......................oh no.

Back to square one......lol

kidding

• @MrSmileZ said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Why?

I can’t see myself forking over 1200 for live software and push2. I paid a little more and got a force. I’m already invested in the akai workflow so force was easy for me to just turn on and go to it. I have never liked the Ableton live user interface at all. I own komplete 10 and I only use a couple synths out of it... I tried using maschine mkiii at GC and I just didn’t like it at all...plus I gotta drag a laptop around to use it.. I can just take the MPC live wherever much easier. I liked the feel of the MPC better than the maschine. I don’t necessarily feel like one is better than the other, one just fit me much better than the other.

Tell me about Force.

• @Korakios said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:

Ok, last (maybe) question ! Have you played with the mpd218 and compare the pads? can I squeeze them or they are stiff? (spoiled by padkontrol in the past)

unfortunately I haven't used the mod 218 but if the 'padkontrol' you're talking about is the korg pad kontrol I would suspect that the feel is prob different, I've owned the pad kontrol before and those pads are something special, the thing is the mpc pads have historically gone in a different direction. I almost look at the korg pad kontrol as better for synths than drums I never liked them for drums, but the mpc pads have always been geared towards banging out beats so the 218 is probably leaning in that direction as akai has always tried to nail down their extremely popular feel across all of their controllers.

• I have the Studio, it ok, grabbed some nice expansions and NI always give you vouchers for half off expansion packs, plus the IMaschine songs open un in Maschine, just wish IMaschine had core midi and more tracks, but at the end of the day, I have an Akai Mpc Studio Black and I find myself gravitating to that a lot more, plus the MPC software has audio tracks.
    But I used to have an MPC 2000 for years and I felt at home on the MPC Studio Black.
    My Maschine Studio is kinda collecting dust. I thought about the MK3, it’s nice that it has a built in audio interface but I have an Apogee duet and it sounds amazing to my ears.

• I like the maschine for playing samples or loops with vst effects loaded into sounds&master channels. I feel like it’s the fastest way to get vst control mapped to encoders, plus because of the NKS program, the mapping is often useful. That’s about all I really use it for though, I capture audio in Reason and move on.

• @Strizbiz said:
    I have the Studio, it ok, grabbed some nice expansions and NI always give you vouchers for half off expansion packs, plus the IMaschine songs open un in Maschine, just wish IMaschine had core midi and more tracks, but at the end of the day, I have an Akai Mpc Studio Black and I find myself gravitating to that a lot more, plus the MPC software has audio tracks.
    But I used to have an MPC 2000 for years and I felt at home on the MPC Studio Black.
    My Maschine Studio is kinda collecting dust. I thought about the MK3, it’s nice that it has a built in audio interface but I have an Apogee duet and it sounds amazing to my ears.

Want to sell it? LOL

IN Florida...

• A> @RUST( i )K said:

@MrSmileZ said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Why?

Tell me about Force.

It kinda like mpclive with an Ableton live style input system and more pads and knobs. The touchscreen, the knobs, the top 4 rows of buttons, and the bottom 4 rows of buttons are all able to control different things at the same time. I find it excellent to write on vs my MPC.