Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget 2 : I would need just some advice about the utility of Pompei compared to Montpellier

Hi, iMS-20 was among the very first app I bought so I’m glad to be able to use it again. But I never bought iPolysix. I bought iMono/Poly when it came out and I really like it. I’m not an expert at all in hardware gear and synths, but, at least on the paper, it seems that iPolysix and iMono/Poly are quite close, with an advantage to iMono/Poly (if the comparison makes sense).
So here’s my question to users who have the experience of both synths : is it worth buying iPolysix (as it’s on sale now) when you have iMono/Poly (or, in Gadget words, if you have Montpellier, is worth purchasing Pompeii ? Thank you for your advices and your feedbacks

Comments

• I'm in the same boat - I'm leaning towards skipping iPolysix, partly because it's not really my sound (I prefer something edgier, or darker, or more lush), and partly because Mono/Poly already covers much of the same ground. The only benefit I can see is that you might get some extra presets to try in Gadget.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

If I didn’t already own iPolySix and I had iMono/Poly, I would skip iPolySix. In fact, I’d probably still skip it even if I didn’t have iMono/Poly. I have never found anything I can do with it that I can’t do better with other apps.

That’s just me though.