Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[QUESTION] Looking for midi app with a specific set of features

Hi,

Can somebody please help me? I'm looking for a midi with some features:

• have a collection of midi roll sections for licks, progressions, beats, intros, beats
  • be able to organise that collection (basically a midi librarian)
  • be able to play midi rolls and send the midi other apps via audiobus midi
  • friendly way to drag and drop bits of midi roll to the midi tracks
  • easy copy paste, import and cut of midi data
  • midi roll composing feature (dictation using a midi controller and a few CC commands to choose tempo volume and such)
  • plus be able to add arpeggiation to simple cords before sending and or other random (or not) automations (cc) and midi tricks
  • plus if you can switch to notation instead of a midi roll

Something like this you can have in Caustic, but I find that app buggy, enclosed and limited. Still fun tough.

The closest I found is Cubasis, but the midi editor gives me a headache and there is no way to organise the midi files. At this point I'm using two other apps to create musical ideas (compose basically) and export them to midi in Audioshare where I can keep them organised then import the ones I use to Cubasis witch I use to send the midi trough audiobus to synths and record them in Audioshare. (basicaly I'm maiking loops). Then import them as needed (sometimes Cubasis sometimes Gadged sometimes Auria) depends on the mood.

This is kind of complicated and tendinous for me.