Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiokit Synth One - connect from iPad to Reaper / PC

Hi. Like to run Audiokit Synth One by a Nektar Keyboard controller and have the sounds go digitally connect from iPad to Reaper / PC.

So far, if I connect the ipad directly to my PC, I can see my iPad in Reaper (studeomux), but can't control the iPad by my keyboard controller or see sound in Reaper. Bought audiobus3 as well. No effect. Not sure of how these two apps operate.

What seems to work: If I plug the Nektar keyboard controller into a powered hub, connect a powered usb speaker to that hub, and then send the hub output to an Apple Lightning connector into my iPad - then 1) I can play the iPad Synth One by my Nektar Image GX49 controller, and 2) hear the sounds from the external usb speaker. I do have analog outs ch1/ch2 in the back of the monitor 2usb unit (Behringer), so if I wanted to record I could connect these outputs to two inputs in the back of my ADDA Interface. I'd like to keep all in the digital world.

Tried usb from powered hub to pc - nothing. The only time my pc sees the controller by usb, is if the hub output goes to the pc: now the hub is connected to the iPad.

What about wireless midi from the iPad to my PC - bluetooth / wi-fi ???

Comments

• Found if I connect my ADDA Interface usb to hub then I can get sound either from usb powered speaker OR from usb ADDA Interface. Both work. Only one usb sound midi output connection allowed. Interesting as I am trying to get audio from Synth One digitally into Reaper in my PC. Only one USB port on either the Behringer Monitor2usb or the ADDA Interface. Wireless???