Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The mission: wifes mom is getting married. Use ipad to DJ basic wedding

My wife’s mother is getting married and I got nominated last minute to assemble a playlist and “DJ” her wedding. I have speakers and stands, a mixer, cables and here’s the wild card -her iPad with no music or music apps. I am looking for a simple dj app that you guys recommended and also somebody that might have a small collection of appropriate songs for a wedding. The date is March 15. So it has me a little stressed out. Since my wife would divorce me if I played “techno music” any good tips on securing music would be helpful.

That’s the dress she picked

Comments

• Get djay from algoriddm free 7 day trial and sign up to Spotify free trial - all the music you could want.

‘Just remember to cancel automatic payments/ renewal

• I'd email the bride, groom, and any others close to them for track suggestions. Make sure you have everything they want, and try and extrapolate that into 'stuff they don't know they want yet, but do'.

Don't even think about trying to stream from Spotify (well, unless you have a backup ready to switch in in a couple of seconds). Don't rely on bluetooth (or wireless) for any audio connection.

You may be able to throw in some stuff you like, but this is not a good time to educate your listeners.

I've always liked Traktor IOS for simplicity, but without extra hardware you are stuck with the 'y lead' kludge to preview tracks.

If you are planning to live mix it's a great idea to have a second playback machine ready with a preset playlist of acceptable tracks (a phone, for instance). Then, if your main game goes wonky you can always switch to the backup while you fiddle.

• If it’s a relaxed party and you don’t want to be stuck behind the decks all night I would use the app ‘pyro’ by serato. It’s really simple but it’s more of a dynamic playlist app then a dj app. If you will actually be controlling a proper dance floor then use djay. I use pyro at the start of all my gigs before moving on to traktor later on.

• Isn't that called a "mother in law".........😏

• What about Apple Music or some other subscription based service so you get access to a lot and the unsubscribe after it’s over. Not sure if these things would work in a dj app.

• Man you guys have all had some valuable insights and very helpful suggestions. I’ve decided against the streaming and must have hard copies of the songs. Mp3s. I like the pyro app and think it will suit the job. Whats the most effecient way to load her iPad with mp3s.

• I am 90% sure any DJ app will require you to actually purchase the songs you want to use. I subscribe to Apple music and there are definite limitations on how those tracks can be used, even when downloaded to your device. e.g. I cannot import them into Robick to do pitch and shift/slowdown. Traktor also does not allow you to use unpurchased tracks.

• Unless you want to buy (or pirate ugh) the songs, your best bet is to subscribe to Apple music for one month and download all the tracks to your device and use the apple player to make your playlist.