Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'd love iOS a lot more if...

2»

Comments

• @funjunkie27 said:
    If we weren't at the mercy of Apple with hardware, iOS, and app store changes.

Take a look in my post about embedded systems (ELK).
    It could be possible build a wrapper maybe...

• @BroCoast said:
    I could assign app screens/switching to a controller/keyboard.

Maybe possible for a host app or Shortcuts?

Connect a keyboard, alt+tab just like a computer. It’s already there, if that’s what you’re talking about

• ...i had more options which prevents switching between apps/AUv3.
    Means multi instance/group editing of a plug-in on one GUI. Its even rare or unique in desktop land and i do not make it another iOS vs. desktop thing but this is something even more useful on an iOS device for me where you mostly need the one and only screen for everything.

• ....ableton

• ...BM3 just worked. FFS.

• ....finally Cytomic enters iOS since some months ago he said something about all is ready for ARM.
    So he said:
    "I've spent the last couple of months finishing a full SIMD abstraction layer to support ARM NEON as well as Intel/AMD SSE, which means I've got everything in place for iOS versions of Cytomic plugins, standalone embedded hardware (The Glue in a Eurorack module would be pretty nice), and also I'm ready for when Microsoft and Apple ship ARM computers for Windows and macOS, which will most likely happen in the next 5 years or so."

• @reasOne said:
    ....ableton

One can only dream.

• The Swam sounds in Noise were available in AUv3, as were ALL IAA plugins.

iOS was stable enough to perform any combo of plugins live without fear of crashes.

Equator, Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 were available on iOS, and there were more physical modeling synths on iOS.

All daws were mpe compatible.

• @Gavinski said:
    The Swam sounds in Noise were available in AUv3, as were ALL IAA plugins.

iOS was stable enough to perform any combo of plugins live without fear of crashes.

Equator, Cypher 2 and Strobe 2 were available on iOS, and there were more physical modeling synths on iOS.

The first might be not too far away.
    The second is quite the same as on desktop set-ups
    The third, i own Equator and Strobe 2 and a Seaboard but i do not use any of it really much anymore
    Your last wish, yes would be great but i would just replace it now with MIDI 2.0.

• @Apex said:

@reasOne said:
    ....ableton

One can only dream.

i feel like they have to be working on something! besides link

• @reasOne said:

@Apex said:

@reasOne said:
    ....ableton

One can only dream.

i feel like they have to be working on something! besides link

I would just worry about it being too resource intensive, you know?

• @Clueless said:

@Gavinski said:

The third, i own Equator and Strobe 2 and a Seaboard but i do not use any of it really much anymore
    Your last wish, yes would be great but i would just replace it now with MIDI 2.0.

Yes, I also don’t use those synths much because I prefer using my iPad to my laptop, but they are definitely great mpe synths. I definitely still love my seaboard, despite various gripes about it and Roli

• I’d also be happy if more apps were universal. I do most of my stuff on my iPhone and I know there are apps that I’m missing out on.

• @Gavinski said:

@Clueless said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes, I also don’t use those synths much because I prefer using my iPad to my laptop, but they are definitely great mpe synths. I definitely still love my seaboard, despite various gripes about it and Roli

I understand. I would also prefer an iPad maybe only if a few tools will follow.
    Most important then for me Logic, P900 synth, all 2CAudio stuff (best in terms of reverberation for me), Replika-XT delay.
    Then some Kontakt libraries and, oh there is the problem. It is still too much.
    At least one of this might happen, not sure.
    I would start with the P900 synth because chances not too bad it happens now. But time will tell.

• Forget everything!
    We want possible connection to multiple audio interfaces !!!

• ...it had Logic and more sample instruments like Native Instruments, Spitfire Audio etc

• I'd love iOS a lot more if...it was Ableton OS.

• If it had Drambo pre-installed. No, there are too many things to improve or change completely.

• edited March 2020

If some of the IAA hold outs would move over to AU - mostly drum machines and some of the classic touch screen apps such as Samplr, Shoom, TC-11. Also some more midi AU type apps - at the moment it’s mostly small apps have gone AU, when we really need some big AU midi projects.

Also, I would like to see more iOS centric hosts and DAWs, as these are often still too PC / Mac based and don’t really push these enough into the benefits of the touch screen interface.