Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio adds SFZ Instrument Support with 2.1.0

This is a huge update:

• Added keyboard shortcuts for use with USB or BT keyboards. For the list of shortcuts, please see More -> Help -> Keyboard shortcuts
  • Added support for .SFZ soundfont instruments
  • Instrument selection dialog now offers folder browsing for sf2/sfz files
  • Soundfonts are now sorted by name
  • Added ‘Measurement mode’ option to bypass low-pass filtering and AGC
  • Added ‘Use MIDI packet timestamp’ option which defaults to true. If notes or an entire clip disappears after recording when using a USB or BT MIDI device, please try turning this option off.
  • Solved possible crash when loading an IAA effect from a project
  • Solved an issue where multiple MIDI events arriving at the same time (a chord from Xequence for example) were not all processed.
  • Mixing down using the AIFF format did not work. Solved.
  • Solved a crash after freezing a track when 3 tracks were present in the project and the PRO IAP was not done (for apps installed before version 2.0 was released).
  • Solved a crash when clearing automation during playback.

It already had SF2 capability but adding SFZ's too makes this a must have DAW I think.
It's still $8. I also noticed there's a new IAP called Classic Keyboards for $3. Gotta check that out.

Comments

• Yay!!! 😎👍🏼

• @McD said:
    I also noticed there's a new IAP called Classic Keyboards for $3. Gotta check that out.

Most of the instrument IAP"s are from Digital Sound Factory and after buying a few of them I have stopped. They are cheap ($2-3) but sound very dated. I'll pass and look through the freely available SFZ sound fonts for some quality instruments.

Audio Evolution Mobile Studio seems to support the Files App and also offers a Media Server capability with WebDav and Web Server options for uploading large files from a desktop/laptop on the same Wi-Fi network using a "Guest Account" with no password needed. I use the WebDav approach from the OS X Finder app to move files into/out of the SoundFonts directory. Not sure when the Files feature was added but that's great for moving large SF2's and SFZ's between AEMS and Auria Pro for example. "The Piano in 162" is 6GB in size so moving it about when/where you need it is a nice feature.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet in AEMS. On Auria Pro the sound was set so low in the SFZ settings that it needed a Limiter to boost it. I edited the SFZ settings and that helped. Just a heads up if your on this path to getting another free quality piano soundfont. It's only free for Bittorrent downloads. Other methods require payment of a few bucks. I'm expecting AEMS to have some issues with this huge SFZ soundfont since it has samples for every detail (Close Mic'ed and Ambient/Room mic'ed and sustain pedal Up and Down recordings and some pedal noise thrown in for realism). It will probably confuse AEMS and Salamander SF2 is great anyway but an app that uses all the features of the SFZ might be nice at this price.