Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App for recording/looping midi

Hello!

I have a patch in Midi Designer with a couple of XY pads that also output midi data corresponding to the Z axis when a finger touches/releases the XY pad

I would like to find an app capable of recording and looping the midi data from the XYZ pads. I would like for this recording/looping action to be triggered from within Midi Designer using midi assigned buttons

Is anyone aware of any apps that can be used this way ie. recording midi data into a buffer and triggering the looping playback of this data via external triggering? I do not want to have to switch between midi designer and the recording app in order to initiate recording or trigger playback of the midi loops. The midi designer patch has 3 XYZ pads that I would like to be aple to record/loop independently

Any suggestions would be infinitely appreciated

Thanks so much!!

Comments

• edited February 2019

Yes, it’s called Photon, by the same dev of Midisequencer, it’s been sent a few hours ago to the AppStore for release. It should be available very soon.

Here’s the manual.
    http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/PhotonManual.pdf

• @Rodolfo said:
    Yes, it’s called Photon, by the same dev of Midisequencer, it’s been sent a few hours ago to the AppStore for release. It should be available very soon.

Here’s the manual.

Amazing thank you! This will run on iphone? It can record multiple streams of midi data independently?

• @annahahn said:

@Rodolfo said:

Here’s the manual.

Amazing thank you! This will run on iphone? It can record multiple streams of midi data independently?

The dev said it runs on iPhone but he’s fixing some UI issues at this moment, so it will be iPad only upon release and updated to iPhone in a few days.
    I understand it can record independent MIDI streams simultaneously, but I haven’t read the manual in detail yet. The dev is working on some youtube videos to be released shortly.

• @annahahn said:
    Hello!

I have a patch in Midi Designer with a couple of XY pads that also output midi data corresponding to the Z axis when a finger touches/releases the XY pad

I would like to find an app capable of recording and looping the midi data from the XYZ pads. I would like for this recording/looping action to be triggered from within Midi Designer using midi assigned buttons

Is anyone aware of any apps that can be used this way ie. recording midi data into a buffer and triggering the looping playback of this data via external triggering? I do not want to have to switch between midi designer and the recording app in order to initiate recording or trigger playback of the midi loops. The midi designer patch has 3 XYZ pads that I would like to be aple to record/loop independently

Any suggestions would be infinitely appreciated

Thanks so much!!

Yeah, this sounds like a job for Photon.

I like the sound of your Midi Designer template, is it available to download anywhere?

• @Rodolfo said:
    The dev said it runs on iPhone but he’s fixing some UI issues at this moment, so it will be iPad only upon release and updated to iPhone in a few days.
    I understand it can record independent MIDI streams simultaneously, but I haven’t read the manual in detail yet. The dev is working on some youtube videos to be released shortly.

For AUM say just select all the inputs you want. Photon records all midi messages (except system) on all midi channels. You can then save/airdrop share them to other apps or email etc as standard midi files.

You can load recordings into pad buffers - these can be triggered to play using AU Parameters

• @midiSequencer said:

@Rodolfo said:

For AUM say just select all the inputs you want. Photon records all midi messages (except system) on all midi channels. You can then save/airdrop share them to other apps or email etc as standard midi files.

You can load recordings into pad buffers - these can be triggered to play using AU Parameters

Wonderful thank you so much! Do you have any idea how long it will be before an iPhone compatible version is available?

• @annahahn said:
    Wonderful thank you so much! Do you have any idea how long it will be before an iPhone compatible version is available?

Hopefully no more than a couple of weeks - its just the UI I need to rearrange - all the functionality is the same.

• @midiSequencer said:

@annahahn said:

Hopefully no more than a couple of weeks - its just the UI I need to rearrange - all the functionality is the same.

Awesome I’m vey much looking forward to trying photon! Is there anywhere I can sign up to be notified when the iPhone compatible release is available?

• edited February 2019

@annahahn said:
    Awesome I’m vey much looking forward to trying photon! Is there anywhere I can sign up to be notified when the iPhone compatible release is available?

I will update you on this thread. Obviously bug fixes take priority, but I am to start this soon.

• Photon went live earlier this evening. It’s positively wonderful.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photon-au/id1441542979?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4Ky&ct=forum