Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Extracting” samples from apps

Is it possible to “extract” samples from one app to bring them into another app using software like iFunbox/iExplorer?

I quite like the kits in Gadget’s Recife gadget, for example, and would like to try bringing them into BM3. Has anyone done this before?

Comments

  • Tonight I created BM3 banks of all the samples in FunkBox, just for my own convenience.
    I used Audiobus with FunkBox as an instrument and Audioshare for recording (you could use BM3 itself). In FunkBox I triggered the sounds manually while recording it in Audioshare. I then bounced all the files to BM3 and chopped them up with the autoslice function. Right now I can load a project with all the samples at once or as separate banks.

  • I’ve done it manually as well. Found it was easiest to record one long file with the sounds spread out and import that one file and slice it up.

  • Yes you can rename the .ipa file to .zip and extract the contents.
    Easy on desktop but not tried this on an ipad.

  • @Carnbot said:
    Yes you can rename the .ipa file to .zip and extract the contents.
    Easy on desktop but not tried this on an ipad.

    Interesting, will you actually find audio files or just another big binary to try and pull them out of?

  • @1nsomniak said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Yes you can rename the .ipa file to .zip and extract the contents.
    Easy on desktop but not tried this on an ipad.

    Interesting, will you actually find audio files or just another big binary to try and pull them out of?

    Yes you can find samples if they are there in the build, but this isn't something I've tested with all apps of course, but just checked out of interest and found Recifes samples under "preinstall samples" folder.

  • @Carnbot said:
    Yes you can rename the .ipa file to .zip and extract the contents.
    Easy on desktop but not tried this on an ipad.

    Thanks @Carnbot! I’ll give it a go when I get home

  • edited February 14

    That's basically what iFunbox and Mac/PC browsers for IOS do.
    It was fairly common in early IOS days that samples were included that way, but the method isn't applied that often today. In particular 'attractive' content is placed elsewhere (or encoded in whatever form to be hidden)

  • @Bietfriek said:
    Tonight I created BM3 banks of all the samples in FunkBox, just for my own convenience.
    I used Audiobus with FunkBox as an instrument and Audioshare for recording (you could use BM3 itself). In FunkBox I triggered the sounds manually while recording it in Audioshare. I then bounced all the files to BM3 and chopped them up with the autoslice function. Right now I can load a project with all the samples at once or as separate banks.

    I've done the same with a few drum apps but instead of triggering them manually I create a pattern with each sound triggered one after the other. Set the whole thing to a slow enough tempo so that there's no overlap. That way you can just swap out the kits and reuse the same pattern to create a new audio file. Plus, all the chops are evenly spaced in the audio file (for use in apps without BM3's automagic).

  • Used to able to pull the samples from imaschine 2 but not no more. They closed it off but every other app you can take ipa and pull the samples

  • Maybe I’ll try to pull a “Burial” and grab some game weapon sounds.

  • @stormywaterz said:
    Used to able to pull the samples from imaschine 2 but not no more. They closed it off but every other app you can take ipa and pull the samples

    You can export to live , save to AudioShare and extract samples from AS pretty simply though

  • @stormywaterz said:
    Used to able to pull the samples from imaschine 2 but not no more. They closed it off but every other app you can take ipa and pull the samples

    Load bank
    Export to zip
    Open and extract in Audioshare
    Organize by removing all samples from the sub folders

    Step five voilà

Sign In or Register to comment.