Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Iloud Micro Monitor Speakers - Any experiences or recommendations?

2»

Comments

• @chandroji said:

Great post @klownshed thank you! 😊
    I think I will check them out. My music shop here will give me a 30 day return guaranty, so no risk at all. I’m curious to hear them by myself... 😎

:smiley:

• @chandroji said:
    I know all these @T4H !
    I just posted this YT link because the Genelec 8010 was mentioned for just a 100.- more. To get a little idea how the monitors can be sounding this video can be useful, especially when i don’t own them to compare them by myself in my environments.

I’m interested in the iloud micros because of the very small footprint, the totally weight of just 1.7 Kg and the positive reviews in the internet. They seem ideal for traveling in my opinion. I’m looking for a mobile solution. That’s why I’m asking for real life experiences in this thread.

I was asking why should I buy a pair of the 8010 Genelics instead the iloud but I did not get an answer, anyway...

Thanks a lot! 😊

Little monitors are all struggling with the low end. Some DSP can be done to extend it but more often than not you get booming low ends, complete different from the mid and high tones.

Those little Genelecs are very well made. Better than the iLouds. But have a less pronounced low. For me they sound more honest.

Mobile monitors are impossible I think. When you really need them I think it's better to look for a headphone.

• edited February 2019

Good post @bert , thanks a lot!

Everybody here have good arguments (pro and contra) about what is a good speaker for monitoring or mixing purposes.
    I think it’s a question what we expect when we are looking for an ultraportable speaker. Some want them for perfect mixing, so their expecting goes to a very high level and these micro speakers will naturally fail.

In my case, sometimes I just want to be free from Headphones when I’m creating music without missing a good sound. Im looking for a good companion for my ipad, less in weight and size (because I like to travel) but good in audio quality. While traveling every 100g counts, less weight and size is more for me.

So what about the ilouds?

I just got them, because I want judge them by myself. That’s the only way to find out if they will fit my needs or not.

Here is my very first impression...

They are fantastic! 😊 👍
    They are smaller than I expected (the smallest speakers I ever had on my table) but the sound is absolutely great for this size! Love the soundstage and the clear tones even with moderate volume levels. There is nothing what I would miss in the moment even in the low ends.

I listen to a lot of music since yesterday, especially music from the fellow forum members here. The creation category was my friend and I discovered great music , listening them just with the ilouds. I’m really excited what I have heard, the soundquality is pretty good!

May the ilouds are not the very best monitor speaker for the PRO‘s but for me they seem to be perfect. These speakers are surprising me with every track I listen in a good way.

Because they are not the only pair of good speakers I own I’m not afraid when I’m going to mix my music. I can switch to other speakers or to good Headphones (Beyer Dynamic DT880, Sennheiser HD-599, Sony MDR 7506) as well if needed.

I own the ilouds for just 24 hours and I have still 29 days to find out more. If the speakers will not fit my needs I can return them. But up to now, I really love them... 😊

These is a setup (including speakers) I would call mobil and portable, ideal for traveling in my opinion.
    Right now I use them in my office.

When I’m at home I can also use this equipment, which can sounding even better... 😎

Many greetings and thanks to all in this interesting thread! 😊🙏
    I’m going to report more of my experiences after intensive testing. Just give me some time to learn more about these little ilouds...

• edited February 2019

@chandroji thanks for your review, I’m looking at those ones for exactly the same reasons as yours. Seems to be perfect ultra mobile monitors. Like you, I don’t like to always use headphones on the go, and there is also something special jamming with keyboards, or apps like Geoshred on monitors, your sound fills the room and it’s inspiring. I have a nice BT UE megaboom but this is more for music listening. All my studio and music creation is based on mobility, so those ilouds could do the trick for me too. Isn’t the power adapter too big?

• edited February 2019

@Janosax said:
    @chandroji thanks for your review, I’m looking at those ones for exactly the same reasons as yours. Seems to be perfect ultra mobile monitors.

Im not alone, thank you @Janosax ! 😊
    If you have the chance like me to test them (buying with a return guarantee) I think you will not be disappointed, you will love them as i do!

To answer your question...
    The power adapter is like a Laptop-Adapter, for me the size is ok.
    The only thing what can be better is the 2m cable between the speakers, it’s quite thick and not much flexible. I don’t know why they not made it thinner...

But I can life with it! 😎

• @chandroji said
    The only thing what can be better is the 2m cable between the speakers, it’s quite thick and not much flexible. I don’t know why they not made it thinner...

But I can life with it! 😎

Yeah I mentioned that above. It makes them a bit less practical than necessary if you want to, say, keep them on a bookshelf when you’re not using them to monitor. The cable that connects the two speakers is way too fat and cumbersome.

I may try and wire up a thinner more discreet cable i can leave in place on the bookshelf which would be much easier to hide.

But yeah not exactly a dealbreaker. Nothing’s ever perfect!

• @chandroji thanks for the pics, seems acceptable to me, and other options are things like regular iLoud speaker which is not a true stereo setup. I always buy things when I can get a refund just in case, it’s much much better than 10/15 years ago when you had to sell your stuff when you didn’t liked it, with lot of money lost. Amazon and Thomann are very good for that.

• More than once I also was tempted to buy these iLoud Micros. But didn't. That 59 inch long interconnection cable is something I don't like. And there is no way to get a longer one: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17354