Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Layr is amazing!

2»

Comments

• @Skyvalleystudio said:
    I never heard whether Layr sorted out its crashes and popping noises. I have held off buying it, but it “sounds” and looks like a very nice approach to build complex, changing pads.

what crashing a popping noise problems? I haven't heard of widely experienced problems. I use it on an iPad 6th gen and the only crackles I get are if I create a ridiculous patch with tons of oscillators. And I haven't heard widespread complaints.

• An app that has never gone on sale, either!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    An app that has never gone on sale, either!

You have to respect that. It’s an amazing synth, as well.

• @gusgranite said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    An app that has never gone on sale, either!

You have to respect that. It’s an amazing synth, as well.

I am still puzzled about all that it can do, but just lovely sounds. I found that when I finally hooked up a keyboard (don't usually), it made a huge amount of difference as regards my appreciation of what it's got...

• @espiegel123 said

@Skyvalleystudio said:
    I never heard whether Layr sorted out its crashes and popping noises. I have held off buying it, but it “sounds” and looks like a very nice approach to build complex, changing pads.

what crashing a popping noise problems? I haven't heard of widely experienced problems. I use it on an iPad 6th gen and the only crackles I get are if I create a ridiculous patch with tons of oscillators. And I haven't heard widespread complaints.

The crashing was mentioned in this thread. Both are mentioned in App Store reviews. Living Memory said a fix was coming, but I haven’t seen anything since. (I just bought Auditor, so I thought about getting Layr too.)

I can understand crackles when the cpu is overloaded. My current iPad is a Gen 1 iPad Pro, so an A9X but more ram compared to yours.

• @Skyvalleystudio said:

@espiegel123 said

@Skyvalleystudio said:

The crashing was mentioned in this thread. Both are mentioned in App Store reviews. Living Memory said a fix was coming, but I haven’t seen anything since. (I just bought Auditor, so I thought about getting Layr too.)

I can understand crackles when the cpu is overloaded. My current iPad is a Gen 1 iPad Pro, so an A9X but more ram compared to yours.

A few people experiencing crashes does not mean that most people experience crashes. I haven't had any sense that crashing issues are widespread.

• It seems people have it crashing in NS2 and GarageBand a lot.

• @CracklePot said:
    It seems people have it crashing in NS2 and GarageBand a lot.

Those comments were made before he responded that an update was coming soon which it has!

• @Bassey said:

@CracklePot said:
    It seems people have it crashing in NS2 and GarageBand a lot.

Those comments were made before he responded that an update was coming soon which it has!

If people are getting crashes, make sure they reported to the dev... preferably through the Living Memory web site.

• edited November 2019

Funny, I’m just asking myself if I have to get Layr or not... and I stumbled on this thread.
    What should I do? Take or leave?

• @Faland said:
    Funny, I’m just asking myself if I have to get Layr or not... and I stumbled on this thread.

Vote Take. It's def. a vehicle from the posh showroom as regards iOS

• @Faland said:

It really depends on what you look for in a synth. It is an amazing,deep, powerful synth, and it isn't everyone's cup of tea. It is straightforward and has a little bit of a learning curve. It is an app where you will want to learn its architecture and conventions. The time will be well rewarded if you like to tweak things.

I gather that people that don't like learning their synths' architecture and controls find it confusing.

Spend some time checking out the YouTube demos (particularly Brice's cinematics demo) and you should get a sense of whether it is for you.

• @Faland said:

I've chosen Yonac Kaspar instead and I feel like it was the right choice.
    Have a look. The video demo on the app store doesn't do it justice, it sounds much better than that. Juicy warm analog heaven.

• @Faland said:

I definitely vote "take". It is by quite a stretch my most used synth. One of the few instruments where the imagination is the major blocker of what is possible. It was made to be controlled via external controllers too, to avoid being forced to touch the screen during performances etc, so the midi implementation is amazing. I'm currently using it lots with MidiGuitar2 as well, using my guitar as a major input source. Due to how "performances" can be set up, with keyboard splits etc, it is a great combo with a guitar too.

Also I have to say I've never heard of, or experienced, any crashing at all. For me it has been rock solid. iPad Pro (1st gen) and (always) latest official iOS.

• @hellquist said:

@Faland said:

I definitely vote "take". It is by quite a stretch my most used synth. One of the few instruments where the imagination is the major blocker of what is possible. It was made to be controlled via external controllers too, to avoid being forced to touch the screen during performances etc, so the midi implementation is amazing. I'm currently using it lots with MidiGuitar2 as well, using my guitar as a major input source. Due to how "performances" can be set up, with keyboard splits etc, it is a great combo with a guitar too.

Also I have to say I've never heard of, or experienced, any crashing at all. For me it has been rock solid. iPad Pro (1st gen) and (always) latest official iOS.

What DAW do you use @hellquist ?

• @gusgranite said:

@hellquist said:

@Faland said:

Auria mainly. Also AUM of course.

• @hellquist said:

@gusgranite said:

@hellquist said:

@Faland said:

Cool. I always like your tracks.

• @hellquist said:

@gusgranite said:

@hellquist said:

@Faland said:

I am also crash free with LayR in AUM and Auria Pro. iOS 12.3.1 and iPad gen 6.

• Thanks guys for your suggestions, but I’m now too excited because of Pure Acid, and I have to postpone the decision.

• New pack coming from Brice Beasley

• @Jumpercollins said:
    New pack coming from Brice Beasley

Wow!

• Can we get a fix for the “latch” state not being saved properly, meaning it comes back as enabled In AUV3 hosts?

• It was always a pain in the watusi for me. I didn’t like the UI design at all. Was very impressed at those Brice presets though, that dude is a perfectionist. They’re more their own little song seeds instead of “presets”, though. I could never use something as in-depth as those patches and claim I created it. They’re a nice showcase for the synth.

• @god said:
    Can we get a fix for the “latch” state not being saved properly, meaning it comes back as enabled In AUV3 hosts?

Have you contacted the developer about it? Posting here may not get the issue onto the developer's radar.

• @espiegel123 said:

@god said:
    Can we get a fix for the “latch” state not being saved properly, meaning it comes back as enabled In AUV3 hosts?

Have you contacted the developer about it? Posting here may not get the issue onto the developer's radar.

Oh, yeah. It was a long time ago, too.. I don’t remember if I even got a response, and if I did what was it. Oh well maybe I’ll try again

• @god said:

@espiegel123 said:

@god said:

Oh, yeah. It was a long time ago, too.. I don’t remember if I even got a response, and if I did what was it. Oh well maybe I’ll try again

It if is important to you, sending another message may be useful. It won't guarantee a fix -- if no one else has contacted him about it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@god said:

@espiegel123 said:

@god said:

It if is important to you, sending another message may be useful. It won't guarantee a fix -- if no one else has contacted him about it.

Yeah, I just sent them another email .. hopefully it’s reproducible and can get fixed..

• Nice to see todays update of LayR!

Two years since last update - happy to see it still alive - fabulous synth!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Nice to see todays update of LayR!

Two years since last update - happy to see it still alive - fabulous synth!

Didn’t even realize it had an update, that’s great! It’s a super deep synth that I still haven’t fully wrapped my head around but it is great.

• Crazy this has received an update today! Such a powerful tool