Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WaveMappers on the bus.

Been waiting for this one.

Comments

• Me too...was just heading here to post that!

• 10 minutes with WaveMapper and I had to report back to say AWESOME. nothing like it.

• Glad to hear that because I am downloading it as I type. Does it play nicely with Audiobus on your iPad 2?

• Happy to report, it's playing nicely on my ipad2 with Audiobus and Auria.

• Do you have 6.1 on your iPad 2?

• No. A little nervous about updating yet.

• I'm hitting the random button on the default sound in WaveMapper and I'm just blown away by the sounds it's generating.

• Same here regarding updating. The synth is amazing! I have had a Waldorf XTk for over ten years and I love the PPG "sound", but this thing is exceeding my expectations. I'll be downloading the manual soon and giving it a good looking over. But before I get bogged down with that I am going to get back to just messing around with it!

• Insta BUY :D Really blown away ! NOw to test more :D

• edited February 2013

Do you find the sounds tend to be a bit 'gritty' or 'crunchy'?

• is it possible to Audiopaste a sample to create your own sounds with this app?

• Um... I shouldn't have... but I bought this. dam you for getting so excited @mgmg4871 lol you convinced me. Anyone able to find the step sequencer that is listed in the features list? That was the selling point for me but i dont see it. They lied didn't they. >:-(

• I don't think so. According to the in-app help: The first thing to do, is to copy a wav or aif audio sample in WaveMapper's Documents directory via iTunes filesharing. Then start WaveMapper and goto the ANALYSE page.

• I haven't been able to download the manual yet, but I think the step sequencer is programmed using the buttons to the left of the arp.

• I see that function.. but that's not a step sequencer.. it's missing the freaking steps! LOL that's more of a looper eh? Where you record what you play and loop it.. If i'm going to play it I'll play it.. I use step sequencer to program stuff i can't play or is humanly impossible.. bah...

• Yep. Hit the red REC button, play your sequence, hit pause and then hit play to set it in motion. It seems to be limited - no pauses/rests and each note the same length - but still useful.

• It's in no way a step sequencer though. That was just a lie. You can record like 1 second and it repeats it.. that is a looper and an arp. That pisses me off.

drops to knees like Captain Kirk WOLFGANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lol. I'm still excited. Maybe we can push for a real step sequencer.

• It is a step sequencer. It just isn't the step sequencer you want. It can sequence up to 16 notes/steps (the number is determined by the range selector). And that is it. It won't let you control the filter or anything else, but it certainly sequences the notes.

• He heard me and took it off the feature list. Made me feel a lot better :-) @MrNezumi Isn't what you are describing an arp? I thought the key feature of any step sequencer was the ability to skip steps? Otherwise isn't it an arp?

• Can't you use an external MIDI sequencer to drive WaveMapper?

• Sebastian is gonna be mad at you guys.

• edited February 2013

You're getting soft man. No link!

• @syrupcore may have just landed a new position as forum moderator

• @PaulB yeah I sure can use an external one. That was the devs advice as well. I have little midi machine but what I was hoping for was a sequencer like korg has, with the audiobus play button. It's okay though, I was mad at first but after talking to the devs and having them understand I'm all good. :-))

• Love Wolfgang Palm, love PPG, love WaveGenerator, adore WaveMapper...

I'm in IOS synth heaven - pure tweakers paradise...

• @jonmoore On a side note I thought Wolfgang Palm was the company name at first. Like having Mozzart in the Palm of your hand. HAHA! :-)