Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ios 12.1.3 available now.

Comments

• No :-) joking iam skeptical

• It seems this update solved the crackling bug on my 11“ Pro. Tested only on the internal speakers, though.

• @whiteout said:
    It seems this update solved the crackling bug on my 11“ Pro. Tested only on the internal speakers, though.

Cool ..the one thing that I worry about is plugin probs ..but yes I understand if it fixes the crackle stuff

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

Anybody brave enough? No apparent problems?

• Don't have a 'Pro' iPad but apparently this update fixes some audio-issues as reported already by those who tried the betas?!

I've got it installed on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 8 and so far it's been smooth sailing.

I did have to clear up some storage on my Air 2 in order to accommodate the download and install of the OS but it's already time enough to remove the apps I don't use or plan on using in any near future...

• I've installed with no problems so far on ipad pro 12.9 2017
    Haven't noticed any improvements particularly, but will keep an eye out.

• After installing, then swiping across (in landscape) the app icons on the main screen all squashed upwards so there was no space between them....rotated to Portait and then back to Landscape...all is well again.

• edited January 2019

12.1.3 seems to have fixed the massive problems with the 2018 Pros (this update specifically only targeted the 2018 Pros). I updated last night and can finally use it, it’s made a huge improvement. No problems so far. Used AUM and AB loaded up with Auv3s, Cubasis, the Moog apps (which hadn’t even been working stand alone), and other heavy hitters.

I really regret buying a 2018 Pro back in November, last night is basically the first time I really got to use it. For anyone on the fence, I think the coast is probably clear now.

• @marmakin said:
    12.1.3 seems to have fixed the massive problems with the 2018 Pros (this update specifically only targeted the 2018 Pros). I updated last night and can finally use it, it’s made a huge improvement. No problems so far. Used AUM and AB loaded up with Auv3s, Cubasis, the Moog apps (which hadn’t even been working stand alone), and other heavy hitters.

I really regret buying a 2018 Pro back in November, last night is basically the first time I really got to use it. For anyone on the fence, I think the coast is probably clear now.

Appreciate the report.

• @marmakin said:

I was in the exact same boat; today is essentially the first time I’m using this iPad for music-related business. So far it’s been crackle free. Only issue I’ve encountered at this point is with Model D in an AU scenario. Standalone works fine, but the AU looks like this......

Is this your experience as well?

• @marmakin said:
    I really regret buying a 2018 Pro back in November, last night is basically the first time I really got to use it. For anyone on the fence, I think the coast is probably clear

+1

• @brice said:

@marmakin said:

I was in the exact same boat; today is essentially the first time I’m using this iPad for music-related business. So far it’s been crackle free. Only issue I’ve encountered at this point is with Model D in an AU scenario. Standalone works fine, but the AU looks like this......

You know what? I only tested the Moog apps standalone and not as a plugin. Almost positive though that is apparently “expected behavior” or something like that according to the “Moog apps updated” thread that is also floating around the AB forum right now.

• @marmakin said:

@brice said:

@marmakin said:

You know what? I only tested the Moog apps standalone and not as a plugin. Almost positive though that is apparently “expected behavior” or something like that according to the “Moog apps updated” thread that is also floating around the AB forum right now.

It is definitely NOT supposed to look like that....this is it on my Air 2 using this updated iOS

• It is definitely NOT supposed to look like that....this is it on my Air 2 using this updated iOS

Ha! Awesome. @brice I’ll check it on my 2018 pro when I get home tonight and let you know.

• @marmakin said:

It is definitely NOT supposed to look like that....this is it on my Air 2 using this updated iOS

Gahhh....yeah, that looks a lot better.

Ha! Awesome. @brice I’ll check it on my 2018 pro when I get home tonight and let you know.

Sounds good 👍🏼

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

OK, going in now - first on the Pro 9.7

• edited January 2019

Model D looks fine on my 9.7 Pro
    iOS 12.1.3
    Cubasis

• All good after update on my 9.7 pro!

• @brice said:

@marmakin said:

Sounds good 👍🏼

Hey Man, looking good on my Pro 2018.
    The black areas were there in the version before. Now the knobs and GUI are back. However you cannot scale the UI which is a bit stupid. But it works

• Model D looks fine on my 12.9 Pro 3G
    iOS 12.1.3
    AUM & NS2

• @david_2017 said:

@brice said:

@marmakin said:

Sounds good 👍🏼

The black areas were there in the version before. Now the knobs and GUI are back. However you cannot scale the UI which is a bit stupid. But it works

@sch said:
    Model D looks fine on my 12.9 Pro 3G
    iOS 12.1.3
    AUM & NS2

Are you guys using the latest update to Model D (v1.1.5)? If not then you might want to avoid that update. That seems to be what has broken it on my end....maybe.

• Hi Brice, could you please write us at [email protected]?

With the latest Minimoog Model D update, it should look correctly on the 2018 iPad Pros. Please include as much detail as you can in order for us to try to reproduce this.

Thanks!

@brice said:

@david_2017 said:

@brice said:

@marmakin said:

Sounds good 👍🏼

@sch said:
    iOS 12.1.3
    AUM & NS2

Are you guys using the latest update to Model D (v1.1.5)? If not then you might want to avoid that update. That seems to be what has broken it on my end....maybe.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi Brice, could you please write us at [email protected]?

With the latest Minimoog Model D update, it should look correctly on the 2018 iPad Pros. Please include as much detail as you can in order for us to try to reproduce this.

Thanks!

@brice said:

@david_2017 said:

@brice said:

@marmakin said:

Sounds good 👍🏼

@sch said:
    iOS 12.1.3
    AUM & NS2

Wow.
    That was impressive!
    Very good support, it seems.

Many thanks!

• Updated now also the Pro 12.9 2017
    Started both Moog Models in single user, looks good.
    Then I started Cubasis - and bamm, reproducable crashes to the background!
    Going to force reboot

• @tja said:
    Updated now also the Pro 12.9 2017
    Started both Moog Models in single user, looks good.
    Then I started Cubasis - and bamm, reproducable crashes to the background!
    Going to force reboot

Actually, after 4 or 5 tries, Cubasis finally opened.
    Both Moogs look good as AU!

• Be careful, after the update, when opening the Photos App, it asks for enabling iCloud for images.

If you don't want that, be sure to hit "Not now", as otherwise, you may run into problems!

Normally, when disabling iCloud again, all pictures already synchronized will then be deleted from your device!

Again, a strange idea from Apple....

• Don't listen to em @brice.. Who are they ? What do they know ? :D :D :D

@MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks!

@brice said:

@david_2017 said:

@brice said:

@marmakin said:

Sounds good 👍🏼

@sch said:
    iOS 12.1.3
    AUM & NS2

• All good here on 12.9 Pro 3rd gen.

2x Moog Model D
    2 x Moog Model 15
    1 x Animoog
    1 x Layer
    1 x Zeeon

Ticking over at 80% - 256 frames and not a glitch to be had. Plus it all runs in background and can flip between apps without a hiccup. This is why I bought this beastie.

I am a light Apple software user so don’t expect too many nasties elsewhere. Will keep you posted.

• edited January 2019

@MoogMusicInc said:

Hi @MoogMusicInc,

@GeertBevin told me that the Model D‘s UI is not scalable and that’s what it should look like on an iPad Pro 11“:

https://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31130&p=171743&sid=1feacf5e97f8d97f6fc1baf4770d1cff#p171743

It’s not the biggest deal in the world, I love your apps and use them all the time, but if there’s something that could be done about that wasted space I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked at the screenshots posted above again and realized that’s not a scaling problem but an old-app-version problem, I guess. Ehm, sorry!