Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Elektron Model:Samples Groovebox

Comments

• I have to say that, when it comes to using samples, an iPad is at least as good (to me). Sure, it has no knobs or sliders, but it does have touch - which is also powerful. Plus it's integrated into a larger ecosystem, and is a lot more flexible overall. But, that's me. I considered, briefly, a Digitakt, but don't think that's a direction I need to consider for hardware since I have iOS.

• Polyphonic tracks finally?
    Stereo samples?

• are they polyphonic, I don't think so?

• @rs2000 said:
    Polyphonic tracks finally?
    Stereo samples?

No and no.

• ? Elektron stuff baffles me

I think ima buy a roland vsynth again

• I’m calling it now... This thing is the DigiTurd. Doesn’t have audio in for sampling! In 2019!!!!

iPad+GR16+A primo midi controller will spank the crap out of this thing.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I’m calling it now... This thing is the DigiTurd. Doesn’t have audio in for sampling! In 2019!!!!

iPad+GR16+A primo midi controller will spank the crap out of this thing.

That was my first thought too.
    Maybe it's just an eye-catcher to wet the appetite for the bigger elektron products.
    Adding an analog input would have added, say, around $5 production cost so there must be a different reason for the deceason ;)

• Probably the first time I have seen an Elektron product and had absolutely zero interest in it.

• I started out being meh for this thing but damnit im gassing out now. might have to throw it on a payment plan after i pay off my field recorder. Would be super sweet if somebody made an iOS transfer app like the Digitakt has, I bring in most of my samples to my SP404SX via computer anyways....

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I started out being meh for this thing but damnit im gassing out now. might have to throw it on a payment plan after i pay off my field recorder. Would be super sweet if somebody made an iOS transfer app like the Digitakt has, I bring in most of my samples to my SP404SX via computer anyways....

This thing would make sense as a portable sampler ... if it only was.
    But there's still the Electribe Sampler, including battery power and S.T.E.R.E.O sampling.

• edited March 2019

uh oh... you can now p.lock diff samples on the same track on the Model samples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=N7SaN67RQKs

creepin on the digitakt

• @lairdhenn said:

@rs2000 said:
    Stereo samples?

No and no.

Stereo is a yes I thought?

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I started out being meh for this thing but damnit im gassing out now. might have to throw it on a payment plan after i pay off my field recorder. Would be super sweet if somebody made an iOS transfer app like the Digitakt has, I bring in most of my samples to my SP404SX via computer anyways....

Yep

Between this and the ELS Gadget Synth
    I am gassing for a non pc based PLAYABLE sample box.

Maschine was close but can’t stay wired 100% to Mac

Need independent

• no stereo yes mono

• well now this is a treat!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@lairdhenn said:

@rs2000 said:
    Stereo samples?

No and no.

Unfortunately it's a no for both.
    If I had to pick one standalone groove box today that can sample and edit in stereo, has a sampling and a synthesis engine and good on-board FX all in one I guess it would be an iPad (mini?) with NanoStudio 2.

• @rs2000 said:

If I had to pick one standalone groove box today that can sample and edit in stereo, has a sampling and a synthesis engine and good on-board FX all in one I guess it would be an iPad (mini?) with NanoStudio 2.

really?!!! but then it would be a groov-pad, which is very different from a groove box feel and workflow imho, if I was looking for that I would go for an iPad in the first place.

• on the other hand, the Model Samples Is probably the closest thing to the SamplR app in hardware, with the bonus of 'Panning' amongst other things

• @kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:

really?!!! but then it would be a groov-pad, which is very different from a groove box feel and workflow imho, if I was looking for that I would go for an iPad in the first place.

You're right, theoretically, yet my Digitakt gets less and less attention in comparison. Didn't expect that myself because the DT is a great and fun box.

• yeah, my digitakt is getting jealous too

• I haven't updated yet, do you know if it's also possible to record those sample slot changes while in realtime record like you can on the digitakt .... press record and twist the knob?

• I was preparing myself for sample-chaining but true Locks is eXactly what this box needed. Now if they add an Attack envelope we'll be singing.

• still haven't updated yet, I'll be disappointed if the sample locks aren't realtime recordable

• Yes but ..a week ago we had nothin ..now we have Locks! B)

• @kobamoto said:
    yeah, my digitakt is getting jealous too

Get him a Digitone to keep him occupied....LOL

• @rs2000 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@lairdhenn said:

@rs2000 said:
    Stereo samples?

No and no.

Unfortunately it's a no for both.

Thank God for AUM and all the routing options..... ;)

• What do y'all use for Digitatk Digitone Model stands?

• @RUST( i )K said:
    What do y'all use for Digitatk Digitone Model stands?

A Roland JV-1010 :D

• Model:Samples streaming MIDI out to iPad and iPad audio back into Model:Samples

Starts at 3:05"