Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Apps That Might Make My Voice Better?

13»

Comments

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You may not enjoy Dylan, but he is an excellent and original singer with very good chops.

"With a voice like sand and glue"... :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited March 2022

I've often found inspiration and solace from another vocal hero here: http://www.guitarmusic.org/kottke/gfarts.html

It's somewhat technical in nature but helpful nonetheless.

• @wim said:
    Bad voice is like bad hair. Some people can just pull it off.

THAT, should have been the Bleass SampleWiz logo.

• Harmony Eight by Virsyn aka Harry Gohs is actually 1/2 off at $4.99 don’t have it but that’s what the description says, up to 8 pitch shifts

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/harmony-eight/id1220061889

They also have Harmony Voice and Emo Choir neither with great ratings.

• Jax Unisonic is another option for vocals

• @richardyot said:
    I know that feeling! I'm five years in, and still only passable.

I think your voice is pretty dang good.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Any Apps That Might Make My Voice Better?

uh oh ;)

• @Stochastically said:

@richardyot said:
    I know that feeling! I'm five years in, and still only passable.

I think your voice is pretty dang good.

Thanks, although the original post is from 2019 so I’ve had 3 more years to practice since then.

• My “secret recipe” usually just involves some slap back delay

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One thing that really helped me was when someone gave me the advice to "find my voice". I guess I had some ideas of what I wanted to sound like when I sang, but couldn't really pull off what I was trying, and his advice was to just try different things and not try to focus on sounding like someone else.

I know that's not immediately helpful, but it was good advice for me, and I stopped trying to sound a certain way and just let myself sound more like me. It took a while for me to get there, but the results are more satisfying if I just let my own voice come out.

• @michael_m said:
    One thing that really helped me was when someone gave me the advice to "find my voice". I guess I had some ideas of what I wanted to sound like when I sang, but couldn't really pull off what I was trying, and his advice was to just try different things and not try to focus on sounding like someone else.

I know that's not immediately helpful, but it was good advice for me, and I stopped trying to sound a certain way and just let myself sound more like me. It took a while for me to get there, but the results are more satisfying if I just let my own voice come out.

This is so true.

• I've been using Harmonizr, but it seems to have been pulled from the app store. Is there another harmonizer app that allows you to set a chord and have all the notes fit that chord? That's what I loved about Harmonizr.