Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question for Zoom U44 users

I think some of you are Zoom U44 owners. Can anyone that uses one report how to connect USB keyboards or other MIDI controllers that don’t have the old 5-pin DIN connectors like the U44 has? It seems to me that there is nowhere to plug in a newer USB controller. Why would Zoom be selling a modern interface without anyplace to connect a modern USB keyboard or drum controller? I just ordered one which will arrive tomorrow but I’m wondering if I should have bought something else. What am I missing?

Comments

• edited January 2019

You would most likely need something like this:

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/audio-midi/usb-midi-converter

It's a converter that takes signal from a standard USB MIDI to a 5-pin DIN connector. I talk about it in my video here:

I found out about it from BoBeats' channel - this is the video where he talks about it (credit where credit it due). I got the Hobbytronics one I posted above.

Hope that helps!

• I have the U-24. The Zooms are no USB-Midi-Hosts. I have a USB hub connected to the iPad. At one input I connect the U-24 the others I use with my USB midi devices like keyboards or other synths. Maybe this will work for you?

• It has midi through the USB port. I hook up the cck 3 to my iPad which can power the iPad and the zoom then put a usb hub in between and it runs however many midi keys or controllers I have usb slots for

@scadet said:
    I think some of you are Zoom U44 owners. Can anyone that uses one report how to connect USB keyboards or other MIDI controllers that don’t have the old 5-pin DIN connectors like the U44 has? It seems to me that there is nowhere to plug in a newer USB controller. Why would Zoom be selling a modern interface without anyplace to connect a modern USB keyboard or drum controller? I just ordered one which will arrive tomorrow but I’m wondering if I should have bought something else. What am I missing?

• I just use a USB Hub where I connect all my MIDI controllers and my Zoom U24, and the Hub is connected to my iPad though an Apple USB 3 adapter. This covers audio AND MIDI over USB. There’s no difference for the U44.

• @Daveypoo
    @dmnc
    @Bootsy
    @Rodolfo
    Thanks each of you for your ideas. I’m sure that one or the other will work. I do have a hub so I guess I will try that first. @Daveypoo that midi converter does seem like a good option as well.