Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STREEMUR version 1.1 update and sale

I’ve put a small update out for Streemur that now allows for the language of each pad to be displayed.

Here’s a couple of short demos below. Doug Woods was kind enough to demo the new version as well, also linked below. ( thanks Doug! )

Streemur is on sale for $1.99 USD until January 2, 2019.

Thank You and have a great New Year!

Quick Demo 1

Quick Demo 2

The Soundtestroom Demo:

Comments

• Love Streemur. Use it all the time. Thank you for creating it and continuing to support it.

• This must be the better FM radio part of the OP1 for iOS, so we're getting closer :smiley:

• a link would help, as always

• Cool, just grabbed this.

• It's a great little app.
    I use it in projects
    or
    sometimes just listen to broadcasts from around the world with it

• One question: Is it possible to add my own streaming URLs?
    Any mp3, aac, vorbis, opus etc. support?
    The iTunes description does not reveal what a "user preset" is.

• @thesoundtestroom nice work Sir Doug. That is definitely three joint material. Most excellent. Happy New Year to you and yours, let alone whatever remains there of dear Cornwall etc.

• This is really nice. Sampled a bit of live radio into Spacecraft - sounded really good.

All I’d love now is to be able to detune it like an old fashioned shortwave radio....

• @rs2000 said:
    One question: Is it possible to add my own streaming URLs?

You can! Though not every file type will work ( i.e. .mp3 likely will, but many others may not .. it's a bit hit or miss )

Here is a short demo on how to load your own streams as presets ...

• @MonzoPro said:
    This is really nice. Sampled a bit of live radio into Spacecraft - sounded really good.

All I’d love now is to be able to detune it like an old fashioned shortwave radio....

Thanks! I imagine there may be an effect that it could be sent through that does something similar?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @thesoundtestroom nice work Sir Doug. That is definitely three joint material. Most excellent. Happy New Year to you and yours, let alone whatever remains there of dear Cornwall etc.

Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear for a reminder to send some good vibes out to Doug for 2019!

• @JeffChasteen said:
    It's a great little app.
    I use it in projects
    or
    sometimes just listen to broadcasts from around the world with it

Thanks @JeffChasteen .. I tried to add as many countries and languages as possible... It's roughly 45 countries ..representing about 29 or so languages...

• @CIT_Audio said:

@rs2000 said:

You can! Though not every file type will work ( i.e. .mp3 likely will, but many others may not .. it's a bit hit or miss )

Wow, thank you!
    Just purchased and added a 128k AAC stream successfully :smiley: 👍🏼
    This is lots of fun!

• @CIT_Audio said:

@rs2000 said:

How do we add live radio stations - is there a list anywhere?

• Watch out for direct stream links.
    Many radio stations don't show them directly, so you might have to dive into the html source or use curl to resolve playlists into actual working links.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CIT_Audio said:

@rs2000 said:

I posted some BBC stream links on this thread (post 2)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17673/stroem-streaming-internet-radio-inter-app-audio/p1

• @rs2000 said:
    Watch out for direct stream links.
    Many radio stations don't show them directly, so you might have to dive into the html source or use curl to resolve playlists into actual working links.

@TheVimFuego said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CIT_Audio said:

@rs2000 said:

I posted some BBC stream links on this thread (post 2)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17673/stroem-streaming-internet-radio-inter-app-audio/p1

Cheers guys, I’ll check those out :)

• How come this used to show up in Cubasis and AB3, but it doesn’t now?

• @Breezee said:
    How come this used to show up in Cubasis and AB3, but it doesn’t now?

In Cubasis .. Streemur shows up with the company name first ( CIT Audio: Streemur ).
    Here is a video that may help:

I have not been able to add AudioBus 2 or 3 compatibility to Streemur. It's not by design, as I would love to support it! - I am just hitting technical hurdles with it. ( The hurdle being my own inability to not being able to add the SDK successfully -- it's not anything to do with Audiobus! )

An AUv3 version of Streemur is also something I would like to do, but it is difficult to retrofit it to what I built initially using IAA.

Hope this helps!

• Hey @CIT_Audio , loving the app and updates.

Would it be possible to put the language on each pad so you don’t have to select it to know?

I realise this would mean introducing a loading delay while it checks each one ... maybe an tickbox option?

• Hi Cit_Audio great app, just curious to know what else you have planned for the app in the future?

regards

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Hey @CIT_Audio , loving the app and updates.

Would it be possible to put the language on each pad so you don’t have to select it to know?

I realise this would mean introducing a loading delay while it checks each one ... maybe an tickbox option?

@TheVimFuego Thanks ! Not too sure I will modify the UI too much more going forward .. The app installed now is under 800 KB, hoping to keep it as simple as possible...Giving the pads more info might mean adding some graphics or images ( there aren't any currently! )

• @kobamoto said:
    Hi Cit_Audio great app, just curious to know what else you have planned for the app in the future?

regards

@kobamoto Thanks!

To be honest, the likely never attainable stretch goals would be Audiobus support and AUv3 .. The latter being the even less likely to happen without having to start over completely.

These again are not conscious decisions not to implement them , but rather just skill/time issues on my end.

MIDI learn for the pads I'd like to add, but I haven't looked deeply yet at what it would take to add that feature, or if it is even possible...

• @CIT_Audio said:

@kobamoto said:
    Hi Cit_Audio great app, just curious to know what else you have planned for the app in the future?

regards

@kobamoto Thanks!

To be honest, the likely never attainable stretch goals would be Audiobus support and AUv3 .. The latter being the even less likely to happen without having to start over completely.

These again are not conscious decisions not to implement them , but rather just skill/time issues on my end.

MIDI learn for the pads I'd like to add, but I haven't looked deeply yet at what it would take to add that feature, or if it is even possible...

appreciate it.

• @CIT_Audio That’s cool, simplicity and focus is good!

• Did i got a corrupt version or is Streemur not an AU plug? Its not showing up the AU Party in AUM.
    Hopefully this will become one, since its really a fun app to sample and mangle and mess around with...

• @CIT_Audio this looks really interesting. Is there any chance of opening it up to have more than 5 user slots? I'd love to have access to edit all of the pads, ideally. Buying it regardless, as a show of support :)

• @david_2017 no, it's not AU - he says above that wouldn't be possible without rewriting the app. Sorry dude