Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSyn Poly gets AB and IAA

Updated with new GUI

32 new presets, and more

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isyn-poly/id443141370?mt=8

Comments

• On sale right now for 80% off, or $1.99. At that price, I'll definitely give it a look.

What was the verdict on this one? Interface looks nice enough. Fair amount of presets (64, I think), but additionally has a piano roll editor and drum machine within the app, which is not something you see in a lot of synths.

• edited April 2014

Great for bass sounds. In fact excellent for bass!

Edit: Synth bass of course.

• It's ok, the sounds are ok but I'm not nuts about it mostly because it's yet another app that only plays in 4/4. I have far too many of those types of apps

Sorry, I know that's not a ringing endorsement

• It's a great buy at that price. If you need another synth.

• @thinds - Awesome! I'm picky about synth bass sounds, and end up using SoundFonts through bs-16i for good bass instead - would be nice to have another (tweakable) option.

@yowza - I'll just assume you meant that the piano roll (or drum function?) only works in 4/4, right? The synth portion is an instrument. I have a guitar at home that I'm pretty sure can play in any time signature. Unless, of course, if I'm the one playing it, since I have no real creativity or knowledge of musical theory :)

@mgmg4871 - Thanks for the opinion in sentence 1. I'm actively disregarding the statement in sentence 2, because we're restricting ourselves to apps we "need", I think we can all log off and go home.

• Yes for two bucks you can't go wrong. I don't think you can use the ISP sounds via different midi channels because only the one you are actively playing works via midi in. I do recall something like that so check it out, I haven't used it in a while.

• @StormJH1 Lol. So true.

• each instrument does indeed receive its own midi (1,2,3 and 4 corresponds to mono 1, mono 2, poly, and drums), I've used this in BM2 with 4 separate midi lines into one audio, and also by duping the audio tracks and recording each voice separately... Not sure how it his might work with AB now that AB does multi instance

• Man, reviews are terrible - everything from poor interface, to notes cutting out on poly, to no sound after copying to clipboard. Maybe I'll pass and liberate my $2 elsewhere...

• Since I've been goofing with xynthesizer controlling Surizer among other synths with excellent results this does not seem such a great offering even at that price.

• Thanks for sharing though!

• Lets not forget that it is by VirSyn who have a proven track record. Its a steal for a couple of bucks imho.

• edited April 2014

@thinds
    +1 on that.
    I track the thing into BM2 because it's rock solid and offers three real 3osc soft synths that sound great. (Not Sunrizer great but big and great like old school hardware synths can be) Drum machine is a bonus, the kits are punchy, though drum synth would be nice (Hi, VirSyn Mobile App division!).
    Rock solid in terms of midi when used multi-instrument style in BM2: loop 4 different midi channels and change/tweak each synth on the fly. This works in AB2 like butter (also IAA)

• Thanks @thinds and @Littlewoodg. I actually saw a dischord video on it that made me reconsider. For 10 or even 5 bucks, probably not. For 2, why not? Also, it's old enough that it should run well on my iPad 2.

• edited April 2014

Two dollars for this is amazing.
    As a self contained 4track workstation, which it wanted to be, it's actually pretty sweet now, after some of the editing weirdnesses were cleared up in an update a while ago.
    But many would agree that recent apps surpass it in the "eco-system" market, albeit with trade offs...VirSyn mobile stuff has very high quality highly effects and arpegiators, and the onboard synths rival most other ecosystem-type-app's synths, in terms of parameters, playable- and tweakable- modulation, even # of oscs, except maybe Eden. Yes I'm looking at you Gadget. Unlike Gadget it is a killer AB2 app, which means its in the whole-device ensemble, to be tracked into DAWs of choice. As a multi voice plugin no less, (a little like UVIs Defcon. It is loopable in its own way like Defcon is but it's not via samples, there's actual synthesis)