Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred 3 with AUv3 and iCloud Support

Comments

• Niiiice! What a surprise.

• Duuuuuuuude...

• Just saw that on my updates! Getting it right meow !

• edited December 2018

Introducing GeoShred 3, AUv3 and iCloud Support

GeoShred 3, AUv3 and iCloud Support
    (Looks COOL inside Cubasis and blends with its colors)

• It really is Chrimble about the place these days. Lovely.

• Amazing addition to the AU family :) Nicely done.

• Christmas is going to be different this year with Cubasis, SynthMaster One/Player, GeoShred, NS2... :smiley:

• edited December 2018

Works really great in GarageBand iPhone 7 Plus, everything is recorded in midi parts including palm mute, etc. But merging/rendering is broken, don’t works properly. I do this test for every new AU before making a new song. Will contact them, I don’t worry too much as all other AU having issues with GarageBand merge/export have been fixed.

• edited December 2018

Time for some AUV3 Christmas shreddage! Thanks Jordan and company! 🎄😁

(could SampleWiz and MorphWiz be next?)

• I feel as though this is a big NS2 addition. Had it recording well in there, but only via the inhouse keyboard which kind of negates the slide hijinks...sure I just need to push the right button somewhere....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I feel as though this is a big NS2 addition. Had it recording well in there, but only via the inhouse keyboard which kind of negates the slide hijinks...sure I just need to push the right button somewhere....

I think you might have stumbled into one of those “Why isn’t AU MIDI working properly?” issues that got everybody’s blood up when NS2 arrived.

I had a similar thing with iFretless bass and ended up running 2 instances - one inside NS2 (sound module) and another one sending midi at it from outside (controller). It’s not ideal, but it’s a way to noodle and record without waiting around for a fix.

If you give it a go, don’t forget to mute the controller instance and turn off quantise :)

• iOS 11.4.1 up for the AUv3 ... I'm on 11.3 on both my devices - I could update ok - but no AU. This is a sign I should upgrade to 12.1 guess.

• edited December 2018

@Janosax said:
    Works really great in GarageBand iPhone 7 Plus, everything is recorded in midi parts including palm mute, etc. But merging/rendering is broken, don’t works properly. I do this test for every new AU before making a new song. Will contact them, I don’t worry too much as all other AU having issues with GarageBand merge/export have been fixed.

Mail/video/song file sent to Moforte team, they will work on this tomorrow :)

• Sweet - Geoshred Control will get more use now since I can fire it up within my beloved apeMatrix.

• edited December 2018

Posted messages on their video to animate keys and fix AU size on Pro 2018 models where controls are chopped off. This app is more fun as AU now - more than iFretless!! Instant gratification :smile:

• edited December 2018

Controls chopped off on 12.9” 2018. Same issue on 11” too. However fullscreen mode is fine. Also fine on Air 2:

• Yeah!

@CracklePot said:
    Duuuuuuuude...

• edited December 2018

TIP: On Air 2, in AU panel half screen (not fullscreen), if you tap the down arrow and then up arrow again in the top right, all the keys shrink to fit in the half screen app.

• The controller only version doesent scale on iphone se properly. Its just half the wight it should be and only shows more area downwards when you make the screen bigger. Right half of the box is all grey in landscape mode

• The full version works fine for me in Cubasis and BM3 so far, but not NS2 (Air2 latest iOS) - where it loads only on occasion and then has trouble resizing.

• My findings so far (Air2 latest iOS):

Cubasis - Loads and records.
    NS2 - Loads occasionally, does not record.
    BM3 - Loads but does not record.
    SL - Loads but does not record.

I keep being reminded why I keep Cubasis in my set up!

• Is the AU audio, midi effect or both?

• Both audio and midi work in the AU, I do hope we get more AU parameters though. Only two currently.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    My findings so far (Air2 latest iOS):

Cubasis - Loads and records.
    NS2 - Loads occasionally, does not record.
    BM3 - Loads but does not record.
    SL - Loads but does not record.

I keep being reminded why I keep Cubasis in my set up!

Just to add Auria Pro works just fine too.

• Works nice. Glad to see touch performance coming to Auv3

• Great, one of my fav becomes even better.
    I have however noticed that if you have two instances, there are some « interconnections » between them. For example, if you change the octave on one instance, it will change it on the second too...but this will most probably be solved in a future release

• @MobileMusic - Can you drop us a note at [email protected]. We'd like to talk about how to reproduce the plugin window issue that you noted.

@Fruitbat1919 - Can you drop us a note as well, [email protected]. We worked with Beta testers on some of the DAWs that you mention, but would like to chat with you about the ones you found challenges with. Specifically BM3. We worked with a user on BM3 and could not find a way for BM3 to route MIDI from the plugin (like what AB3 does).

Thanks, and we look forward to chatting with both of you.
    Pat Scandalis
    CEO/CTO moForte Inc.