Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Complex-1 - new Propellerhead modular synth for reason!

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-extension/complex-1-modular-synthesizer/

The demos sound amazing! .. Definitely has piqued my interest. That they offer it on their rent-to-own plan makes it hard to resist.

Comments

• Maybe they'll port it to iOS! .. Could always use more modular synths, especially one this good sounding.

• It does look good, although must be a tough sell given that the rack itself is a (more) complex modular. I'm a little surprised they've not released it as a VST to fish people in from other DAWs.

Demos do sound good. It's on the radar.

• Lol I formatted my MacBook yesterday and decided to “focus on Logic for the foreseeable future.” Then Props goes and pulls this. Now I’m thinking it wouldn’t be THAT hard to re-learn Reason’s key commands...

Looks great, sounds amazing, costs less than you’d expect. But I do this every year — spend a bunch of money on Rack Extensions and convince myself that Reason is the perfect DAW for me. I need to focus.

• edited December 2018

Other than Blamsoft's east-coast modular rack extensions, I'm not even sure if there are any other rack's that have been designed from the ground up to present a condensed front panel modular experience on reason, especially west coast flavored like this one. Of course there are some great general purpose CV modulation racks, (Kron CV) .. and all manner of possibility inter-wiring Thors and the like , But I've been hoping for a purpose built modular like this for a while. ..

I've had it for a 25 minutes or so and I can say it's well worth it if you're into West-coast synthesis .. Buchla Easel and Cloudlab 200 for reaktor are the most authentic I've used, and this one is easily up there, as good or better in sound quality. For user interface, it's easily the best I've tried so, including Softube .. Very quick patching, can either click and select routing destination or sources, or drag wires, whatever suits you.

It's like an advanced 0-coast semi-modular .. love it so far :)

• @jrjulius said:
    Lol I formatted my MacBook yesterday and decided to “focus on Logic for the foreseeable future.” Then Props goes and pulls this. Now I’m thinking it wouldn’t be THAT hard to re-learn Reason’s key commands...

Looks great, sounds amazing, costs less than you’d expect. But I do this every year — spend a bunch of money on Rack Extensions and convince myself that Reason is the perfect DAW for me. I need to focus.

I know what you mean .. I've been focusing mainly on Ableton and Maschine, but prop sure knows how to tempt you back. I need to start using it as an ableton slave more often as a sound source., & certainly will with this baby.

I'm even mildly tempted to spring for their new note generator rack, considering how well it could fit in with this style of synthesis and the interplay between the other players. I don't generally write with assistance bots, but I imagine it could be a fun way to get the creative juices flowing ...or get lost for hours ..and not. ;)