Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bluetooth earbuds for music apps

I’m looking to buy some bluetooth earbuds to use with music apps. I have noticed some apps don’t play well with my current bluetooth earbuds. for instance stagelight require minimum sample rate of 44100. several other apps have the same issue with cracklings low quality audio.
anybody have any recommendations ?

Comments

• Jabra t65 elite

• Wait, there's no latency with these BT earbuds?

• Don't do it Eros!

Bluetooth is a great technology for sending low-latency midi (eg CME xKey, Korg hardware etc.) but it's still really lousy for high performance, real-time, high quality audio.

My advice - bluetooth headsets are fine for entertainment and listening/commuting, but for music production you'll always want a wired connection.

• I have a set of the B&Os. They sound pretty good, and aren't bad for editing sequenced music, but for anything which involves timing they simulate having just drunk about six shots of vodka.

• Not earbuds but I have the Bose QC35s Bluetooth headphones and all I can say is THANK GOD for their ability to be plugged into my devices with 3.5m cable. They work fine for listening to Spotify but the latency is insane when making music.

• yeah, for anything serious i just plug in. however when i am at work, I’d like to sneak in a little songwriting here and there without having to change out my earbuds. lol

• It's about time for low-distance RF headphones without audio compression.

• No sorry there is latency as someone said there will allways be latency with bt but they are great of timing is no issue

• Also, the quality of the sound degrades by the time it reaches BT speakers :neutral:

• edited December 2018

@MobileMusic said:
    Also, the quality of the sound degrades by the time it reaches BT speakers :neutral:

Yep, with BT they have to use lossy compression for the audio to fit into the reduced BT bandwidth and keep the low power requirements.
    An AD/DA over RF chain could go below 1ms latency and have top quality if done right.
    I'm currently using an old set of infrared headphones, good sound and very low latency (using FM modulation). Needs a bulky transmitter though :'(