Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creating The Best Ios Piano For You!

2»

Comments

• edited December 2018

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Part of why it works nicely is because the real pianos that we all have encountered throughout life are never as perfect as the sampled pianos. The slight tuning differences and overtones make it seem more like the real, slightly-imperfect pianos that we all grew up hearing, hammers striking three little strings. . Back in the day, I used to layer the Tascam Gigapiano with a Roland ROMpler piano. It made for a most realistic sound that was decidedly better than either individually. I miss that sound.

This is the voice of experience @LinearLineman. I dropped away from music production for about 20 years and only did a little live performance engineering for a monthly open mic event.

So, what @Lady_app_ttitude says should be taken at face value. She wrote in a PM and explained she wrote technical product evaluations for Music Production Magazines so let's take her opinions as authoratative.

My experiences mixing multiple piano samples was on ROM-plers like the Korg X3. She was using software products costing $300-500 each to mix for better pianos so that should tell us something.

• @LineLineman: Keep mixing them up using your ears as your guide.

• What a great post, thank you so much for the idea, this is where experience really counts.
    So many possibilities .
    Thankyou :)

• Here's another lesson to be learned in addition to mixing instruments for better tone.

Some Apps are very light on the CPU but sound pretty half-baked compared to top tier apps
    For me this list includes Tines, Hyperion, Scythe Synth... they didn't have a sound I immediately enjoyed so I regretted buying them.

Recently, I invested in imporving my FX toolkit and used these apps to learn the FX I bought.
    The results are spectacular and keep the CPU load undercontrol so I can run many instances of these lighter weight sound modules.

• @McDtracy what FX are you using with Tines and how?

• @mjcouche said:
    @McDtracy what FX are you using with Tines and how?

In AUM I processed it through:

FilterStation (a really easy to use Filtering app to dial in a great tone )
    RE-1 (tape saturation with options for some bit-crushing (i.e. noise) and distortion)
    Kleverb

It takes it a lot closer towards what Neo Soul Studio can offer for Rhodes. I couldn't match it... just get closer using it to understand what these new FX Apps could give me.

Now if I think what a terrible synth I just look at the CPU and if it's low I add FX and save the whole enchilada with AUM or AB3. Do any of these Plumbing DAW's (AB, AUM, ApeMatrix) let you incrementally add a saved state set up. I need that! Load my "Tines FX" with my "Jazz Trio" setup.

What I tend to do know is load a setup and make a wave file and use that wave file with the next set up in the workflow. A lot like freezing tracks in Cubasis to get more CPU resource back and keep adding tracks. But sometimes you want that "Keep everything as MIDI" approach... using Xequence to save notes and AUM to save the targeted instruments and fix bad timing or missed notes in post-production clean up before Mastering.