Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Run macOS on iPad - Logic Pro X, FCPX, Pencil, Touch, keyboard...

Comments

• d e e e e e e e p advertising

• False title, terrible article.

• That is one hell of a dongle.

• I did exactly that with my iPad 1 in 2013. Fast response, low latency, no dongle required.
    A title chosen to attract as many views as possible :D

• @rs2000 said:
    I did exactly that with my iPad 1 in 2013. Fast response, low latency, no dongle required.
    A title chosen to attract as many views as possible :D

+100 I even ran Windows XP the same way. There's really a lot of apps in the appstor that can do mirroring. In other words nothing new but just creating a new hype.

• I hate the hype/ false advertising... companies trying too hard. I have now put "Luna Display" on my list of products to never purchase.

In other news, Duet Display was a great app to use iPad as a MacOS screen. Is that one still working?

• Another stupid scam add from Jonathan Morrison.
    No thank‘s.

• edited November 2018

Splashtop 2 still works as expected and you don’t need latest models of anything.
    Also, yes, it wokrs with pc too and multigesture.

• edited November 2018

Microsoft RD Client iOS app (FREE) works the great with Windows PCs

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

TeamViewer is great. Free for personal use, cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux), the mobile app works great. For professional use it is expensive though.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Microsoft RDP Client iOS app works the great with Windows PCs

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know about this one. I’ve been using Remoter because it has RDP, VNC, and SSH all in one app, but it’s kinda buggy sometimes.

• edited November 2018

@wim said:

@MobileMusic said:

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know about this one. I’ve been using Remoter because it has RDP, VNC, and SSH all in one app, but it’s kinda buggy sometimes.

Microsoft improved RD Client a lot this year. Earlier it used to be some kind of emulation where you have to move the virtual pointer over a button/scroll bar/control and tap to trigger click (this tap can be anywhere) but now you can just tap directly or drag a scroll bar straight away with no additional pointer, positioning, clicks, etc. (native experience)

You may have to contact a network admin for connection strings, etc for the first time to setup (if you don’t know) but after that it works like a charm. Well designed with reusable settings data.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@wim said:

@MobileMusic said:

Microsoft improved RD Client a lot this year. Earlier it used to be some kind of emulation where you have to move the virtual pointer over a button/scroll bar/control and tap to trigger click (this tap can be anywhere) but now you can just tap directly or drag a scroll bar straight away with no additional pointer, positioning, clicks, etc. (native experience)

You may have to contact a network admin for connection strings, etc for the first time to setup (if you don’t know) but after that it works like a charm. Well designed with reusable settings data.

Heh. I’ll contact myself then. ;)

The Microsoft RDP app works well. Thanks for the tip.
    Remoter has a lot more features, but like I say, can be buggy at times.

• BTW, the Microsoft RDP app also works well in its incarnation for MacOS.

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:
    BTW, the Microsoft RDP app also works well in its incarnation for MacOS.

Yep, I use both. Desktop app when I work from home.

• I’ve done this with my Mac mini 2011 for years. This isn’t new, you only need to use the cable.

• Matt Fletcher says (in a Podcast interview) you can install OX X's Xcode programming environment for free and download the source code from Github for AudioKit Synth One and run it on your Mac in the Xcode simulator.

That might be an effective use of a MacBook for running an IOS App. NOTE: Not a trivial exercise but still possible for the determined. I'm there's a lot of interesting example apps to check out at AudioKit. I think the only way to get them on your iPad/iPhone is through the App Store however.