Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connect several iOS Devices Midi/Audio together

Just an idea; is it possible to use one iPad as the sequencer, and other iPads as Instruments? And how to route audio from one iPad to the other one? Analog, digital...?

Comments

• The most straight, versatile and reliable way (atm) is to use an iConnectAudio interface.
    (either the 2 or 4 channel version)
    This interfaces allows both iPads to be connected and used simultanously.
    You can route all audio and midi signals between apps on both iPads.
    (there is no other interface on the market which supports this feature)

• @Telefunky said:
    The most straight, versatile and reliable way (atm) is to use an iConnectAudio interface.
    (either the 2 or 4 channel version)
    This interfaces allows both iPads to be connected and used simultanously.
    You can route all audio and midi signals between apps on both iPads.
    (there is no other interface on the market which supports this feature)

You say "both", i mean at least three...

• edited November 2018

A Mac laptop with enough USB ports / powered hub. IDAM + aggregate device. Then you can also use a DAW on the Mac and make life easier. :)

Otherwise you'll need an audio interface to do audio in/out (or at least one of those directions).

• edited November 2018

OK, i think i have to explain further. My idea is a complete iOS based "Workstation". Let's say, a not so small controller Keyboard and at least three(!!) iPads. The iPad in the middle is the DAW, and the others are for the synths. I want to explore an iOS workflow with all Apps in front of me at a glance WITHOUT switching between them.
    And NO Computer involved! This sounds a bit wired, i know... ;-)
    The iConnectAudio only allows two iOS devices as far as i know. The Audio should go from several (two or more) iPads into Cubasis.

• @Pummelfee said:
    The iConnectAudio only allows two iOS devices as far as i know. The Audio should go from several (two or more) iPads into Cubasis.

The iCA4+ supports 2 iPads as a full double host with software routing, but you can connect another pair via analog channels and midi - or even more to the USB midi hub for midi only.

• All you need is an app that creates a Virtual Midi (Network Session). Studiomux (or MidiMux if you haven’t purchased) - tap MIDI tab and create with the + button - make sure to tap to activate. Do the same on however many devices you want to use. To check - open Audiobus. Here’s mine with the 10.5 and the Mini4 - this is view from Mini 4 - where the Virtual Midi is the Mini 4’s Network Session:
    Each Network Session you create in Studiomux is 16 bi-directional channels, and you can create as many sessions on as many devices as you like.

• Audio - wonder if it’s possible to route via USB-C Hub with multiple devices with one of the new iPads?

• @Pummelfee: the iConnectMidi4+ has three usb-inputs with audio-pass-through, I use it for two iPads and a Mac, but you might as well use three iPads...