Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Underdog fave from recent sales?

Mine is iWavestation. I put off picking it up, and really just so I can try to get Gadget back in my life. Of the many apps I bought this week, this is the one I am going to, every time I turn my Air on.

Which one is grabbing you?

Comments

• Synrizer and Magellan, shoulda got these long ago they are so good

• I finally picked up Ruismaker FM.
    Love it.

I've been feeding it through Degrader and RX950 to add a little dirt. B)

• iVCS - like sticking a mic next to your abdomen after eating a large meal

iWaveStation - hold a note and just wait... wait for it to do something magical

shoom - touch and hold then slide 90 degrees up or down

TC-11 in sequence add 4-5 fingers to the display and rotate around the center. Like the start of that THX-11 commercial... bring your fingers together

Bubbles, strings of colored stones, wails from whales, and space stations accepting and spewing out transit pods. All the sounds that make synths non-acoustic phenomena.

About $30 worth of magic in my hands.

• TC-11. Fun to play, inspiring, and produces really nice sounds you’re not going to get in any other apps.

• If I can cheat a little, TC-Data! TC-11 and TC-Data were among my first iOS music apps, back when I was mostly using my MacBook + Bitwig for music. I loved them back then. But to be honest, tc data never clicked with my bitwig workflow in those days. (I was using guitar + sample mangling more than synths..) Folks here raving about tc data over the last days got me to try it again now that I’m using a lot of iOS synths. Wow, just wow! But it’s not a new purchase..

My real favorite underdog cyber Monday purchase is different drummer. I don’t care for the built in sounds, and I can’t get midi to work with AUM or AB, but feeding midi from different drummer into ApeMatrix is bliss for generating complex patterns that spray paint evolving bursts of notes in pseudo Ash Koosha form. The UI is not pretty, and the bugs need fixing. But damn, it’s a powerful tool!

• I’m really enjoying Senode, the ‘choose your own adventure’ sequencer. Something about it feels organic to me, and that’s a good feeling. Haven’t even hooked it up to hardware yet.

• GridInstrument - didn’t know it existed, or its Launchpad Pro integration - having blast toggling between it and LaunchPad app. AUHost - simple, but I really enjoy quick load 3 Au’s and screen size of loaded apps. Cycle is also pretty cool. For phone Orooga & StepSynth.

• @reasOne said:
    Synrizer and Magellan, shoulda got these long ago they are so good

+1 for Magellan. Dunno why I waited so long either. If all this talk about IAA going away is true then I dearly hope it gets the auv3 treatment. I’d love to use magellan in NS2.

• TC-Data and TC-11 for me. TC-Data brings new life to any synth and it makes any preset in any synth to sound different in a good way. I've been using it a lot this last days. TC-11 on the other hand I've got it because it has a preset called ozricised and me being a fan of Ozric Tentacles... and it really sounds amazing. At 6$ each it was a bargain

• @Prog1967 said:
    TC-Data and TC-11 for me. TC-Data brings new life to any synth and it makes any preset in any synth to sound different in a good way.

the main feature of TC-Data is the simultanous change of multiple controls in a way not possible by manual interaction.
    No dial/fader box can do it this way, let alone drawing parameters into automation tracks.
    It only looks complex at 1st sight, the app is very well organised.

• @Telefunky said:

@Prog1967 said:
    TC-Data and TC-11 for me. TC-Data brings new life to any synth and it makes any preset in any synth to sound different in a good way.

the main feature of TC-Data is the simultanous change of multiple controls in a way not possible by manual interaction.
    No dial/fader box can do it this way, let alone drawing parameters into automation tracks.
    It only looks complex at 1st sight, the app is very well organised.

I am still scratching the surface. It looks amazing

• edited November 2018

As a sidenote: I use to divide into 'repeating pattern' midi CCs in Oscilab while manually moving parts go into to TC-Data.

• @Aud_iOS said:
    GridInstrument - didn’t know it existed, or its Launchpad Pro integration - having blast toggling between it and LaunchPad app. AUHost - simple, but I really enjoy quick load 3 Au’s and screen size of loaded apps. Cycle is also pretty cool. For phone Orooga & StepSynth.

Orooga looks cool, cant spot StepSynth in the app store?

With GridInstrument - I have a Launchpad MK2 hooked up, do you know if there is more you can do in the app from a Launchpad Pro? (better integration...)

• @no1normal said:

@Aud_iOS said:
    GridInstrument - didn’t know it existed, or its Launchpad Pro integration - having blast toggling between it and LaunchPad app. AUHost - simple, but I really enjoy quick load 3 Au’s and screen size of loaded apps. Cycle is also pretty cool. For phone Orooga & StepSynth.

Orooga looks cool, cant spot StepSynth in the app store?

With GridInstrument - I have a Launchpad MK2 hooked up, do you know if there is more you can do in the app from a Launchpad Pro? (better integration...)

Not sure if GridInstrument will be diff on the MK2 - lemme see if I can find out. Yeah, I guess StepSynth is called Sinewave Synthesizer on the store - the app icon says StepSynth, not sure what’s up with that - here’s link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sinewave-synthesizer/id560920057?mt=8

• TC-Data really needs AB integration, and especially AB midi and state saving, so those clever enough among you could share your setups with us rabble.

• @Aud_iOS said:

Do you know if GridInstrument can send MIDI via BlueTooth or wifi?

• iWavestation for me - sounds so big and lush.

I'm enjoying Phasemaker as well, but mostly because it was the only Bram app I didn't own, so I'm putting it through it's paces.

• I love shoom way more than I thought I would. I get complex sounds and love having a touch interface made for a touchscreen instead of the unsatisfying keyboard keys on iOS synths. It pairs great with Ruismaker noir!

• I’m gonna give it to Phosphor 2. I was never interested in this one and didn’t think I would have any use for it. But for $2, I just had to pick it up. I’m very, very surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed poking around with it and the potential uses for it. Not the presets, which I don’t care for, but the stuff I’ve been getting just experimenting on my own.

• Discord4 was a last minute pick up after getting a bunch of other fx already. I thought it was a wild multi delay for mangling sounds which would have limited use but its also a reverb/chorus style widener that sounds beautiful!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Aud_iOS said:

Don’t think so - will send to Network Session is about closest.

• @Aud_iOS said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Aud_iOS said:

Don’t think so - will send to Network Session is about closest.

Cool.

• edited November 2018

@Aud_iOS

GridInstrument looks cool! Anything with Launchpad integration catches my eye.

• iWAVESTATION has hands down the most amazing random feature in the whole AppStore. I can’t count how many times I have wished so deeply korg would make it an AUv3,

„dear Santa,....“

• @david_2017 said:
    iWAVESTATION has hands down the most amazing random feature in the whole AppStore.

+1 along with Ruismaker Noir

• i need To get this man..... I'm mad I passed on the sale but it will come again, and I still gotta lot of cool apps!

@david_2017 said:
    iWAVESTATION has hands down the most amazing random feature in the whole AppStore. I can’t count how many times I have wished so deeply korg would make it an AUv3,

„dear Santa,....“

• @wim said:
    I’m gonna give it to Phosphor 2. I was never interested in this one and didn’t think I would have any use for it. But for $2, I just had to pick it up. I’m very, very surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed poking around with it and the potential uses for it. Not the presets, which I don’t care for, but the stuff I’ve been getting just experimenting on my own.

I was going to get that, but put off by the sounds in the demo vids - came across as a bit harsh and tinny. Wish I had now though.

• @0__O__3 said:

@david_2017 said:
    iWAVESTATION has hands down the most amazing random feature in the whole AppStore.

+1 along with Ruismaker Noir

Oh yeah, brambos outdid himself with the new plugin. Noir is pretty much fantastic 💪🏼

@reasOne hey bru, let me know if you want a little wavestation random video :) off to work now but later i can provide one if you are interested...

• @MonzoPro said:

@wim said:
    I’m gonna give it to Phosphor 2. I was never interested in this one and didn’t think I would have any use for it. But for $2, I just had to pick it up. I’m very, very surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed poking around with it and the potential uses for it. Not the presets, which I don’t care for, but the stuff I’ve been getting just experimenting on my own.

I was going to get that, but put off by the sounds in the demo vids - came across as a bit harsh and tinny. Wish I had now though.

Yeah, the presets do kind of stink. This is a synth that rewards tinkering. I dig it too.