Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cyber Monday App Sales

Anyone know if there are new apps on sale this Cyber Monday. Remember last year Group the Loop went on on sale.

Comments

• GeoShred will be going on sale. 14.99 I think

• I'm selling my soul, but only 50% of it.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I'm selling my soul, but only 50% of it.

:)

• @LinearLineman said:

The Preacher sold only 1%, but that was already too much ;)

• @greengrocer said:
    Anyone know if there are new apps on sale this Cyber Monday. Remember last year Group the Loop went on on sale.

Not sure why I never picked up Group the Loop. It’s actually been free a bunch of times. It seems like a great app. I had been waiting for it to go on sale again but now it seems that Stagelight does everything that Group the Loop does plus much more. I still may pick it up if the price is right and does go on sale on Cyber Monday.

• GeoShred is on sale now.
    Yonac apps are really cheap now.

• Kauldron is $1.99 rn whooooa . Can’t pass that up

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Kauldron is $1.99 rn whooooa . Can’t pass that up

Still worth a couple of bucks but Im not a fan of its sounds.

• I like it. Left Magellan behind because it’s not auv3 and this is a fine replacement.

• Picked Galileo!

• edited November 2018

@LinearLineman said:

I bet you did a lot of soul searching to find it 😝

• Yonac Apps All 75% off today only...

Tempted by "Galileo Organ 2". :#
    Anyone know if it can be used in the effects slot as an AU or AB/IAA effect?

• @1nsomniak said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Really? I really like it’s sound actually. Sounds a bit noisy and untamed. And I like the ‘drift’.

• edited November 2018

@iamspoon said:

Original Galileo Organ works in AB3 and AUM effects slot as IAA.. Galileo Organ 2 is not showing (IAA or AU).

• @_mwallace Thanks. That's a bit of a bummer then.
    I thought V2 sounded great but my main interest is using it as an effects box.
    The original is the same price but I'd prefer the newer version.

• Just remember that Galileo 2 is universal.

• @iamspoon said:
    @_mwallace Thanks. That's a bit of a bummer then.
    I thought V2 sounded great but my main interest is using it as an effects box.
    The original is the same price but I'd prefer the newer version.

Yep. Maybe someone knows a workaround for v2, or Yonac may add that functionality in the future, but it’s currently not showing for me.. and I poked around quite a bit.

That being said, I never tried Galileo in the effects slot before your comment. I’m really digging the rotary and wah effects the original one gives to anything you throw at it.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@1nsomniak said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

Really? I really like it’s sound actually. Sounds a bit noisy and untamed. And I like the ‘drift’.

I like it in theory, it presents lots of variety and the spawn is cool.
    But in use I find the sounds lack the warmth of apps like model-d or zeeon.

• edited November 2018

@iamspoon said:
    Yonac Apps All 75% off today only...

SORRY: Didn't read before jumping in late. Galileo 1 shows up as an IAA FX in AUM in the list. Galileo 2 does not. ToneStack Go has an excellent Rotary module too (but probably in an IAP). I bought them all before I started going IOS crazy with synths for guitar headphone heaven. I love that App.

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:

@iamspoon said:
    Yonac Apps All 75% off today only...

It shows up as an IAA FX in AUM in the list.

o.O Thanks, the plot thickens then... (?) I don't have AUM though so I'd be looking to host it in AB3 or Apematrix.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/galileo-organ-2/id1376362836?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=8

Just checking, you are referring to this version 2 rather than 2.x of version 1?... :p

;) <3

• @iamspoon said:

@McDtracy said:
    It shows up as an IAA FX in AUM in the list.

Sorry. Only Galileo 1 shows up as an IAA FX option. Galileo 2 does NOT. My bad. There are called Galileo and Galileo Organ in AUM's lists. So... don't buy it on the wrong info. Buy it for the great sounds at the best price.

• I could not resist Senode. Loving it so far.

• How does the sound of Galileo 2 compare to the first one? any significant improvements other than just the AU adoption?

• Magellan for 1$ !
    No AU but nice sounds …

• @Carnbot said:
    How does the sound of Galileo 2 compare to the first one? any significant improvements other than just the AU adoption?

well, here’s my personal take on it: for me, out of the box, the original sounds better.. that’s because Galileo2 has a lot more background tone settings hidden away.. and you really have to mess around with those a lot to bring back some of the ‘oomph’ that galileo IAA version had.. this isn’t a problem if yr doing a bit of work making your own presets for it.. but if you are wanting to hit the presets ( which are great and there are lots ) and play straight away then V1 has better low end already in there..
    of course the v2 is a more sophisticated and subtle sound and of course Au with easy parameter automation of draw bars is the bee’s leg joints.. so there is that..
    i imported all the v1 presets into v2 and did a side by side comparison and they didn’t sound anywhere near as good in v2 .. until you reset all those bass,mid, high tone dials.
    so... its a tough call..
    V2 = a bit of work but convenient recall readjustments in projects
    V1 = instant pleasure but you have to record down to audio in cubasis or elsewhere to retain drawbar movements or set up a lot of midi mapping.. same for using more than one instance etc.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:
    How does the sound of Galileo 2 compare to the first one? any significant improvements other than just the AU adoption?

well, here’s my personal take on it: for me, out of the box, the original sounds better.. that’s because Galileo2 has a lot more background tone settings hidden away.. and you really have to mess around with those a lot to bring back some of the ‘oomph’ that galileo IAA version had.. this isn’t a problem if yr doing a bit of work making your own presets for it.. but if you are wanting to hit the presets ( which are great and there are lots ) and play straight away then V1 has better low end already in there..
    of course the v2 is a more sophisticated and subtle sound and of course Au with easy parameter automation of draw bars is the bee’s leg joints.. so there is that..
    i imported all the v1 presets into v2 and did a side by side comparison and they didn’t sound anywhere near as good in v2 .. until you reset all those bass,mid, high tone dials.
    so... its a tough call..
    V1 = instant pleasure but you have to record down to audio in cubasis or elsewhere to retain drawbar movements or set up a lot of midi mapping.. same for using more than one instance etc.

oh, and there is a bigger selection of oddball obscure Tonewheel sets from other keyboards in the Au version.. which is nice.. :). can’t remember if thats an IAP though??

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

so... its a tough call..

Thanks for the info. Yeah I think I may go for it considering I only bought Galileo 1 for 69p I think it's still worth the upgrade :)

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

so... its a tough call..

Thanks for the info. Yeah I think I may go for it considering I only bought Galileo 1 for 69p I think it's still worth the upgrade :)

yeah.. both is a good plan.. you don’t want a lot of conflicting bass so just 1 v1 for the oomph and some v2’s for the twiddly bits :)
    the IAP bundle for All the add ons in v2 was 9.99 .. i wonder if that is 75 percent off too.. would definitely be worth it if so...

• @Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

so... its a tough call..

of course, you don’t really need sophistacated apps to make a classic organ album , you can just use a million samples from old charity shop organ demo LPs like these geniuses did way way back..

stockhausenandwalkman.bandcamp.com/album/organ-transplants-volume-1

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

so... its a tough call..

of course, you don’t really need sophistacated apps to make a classic organ album , you can just use a million samples from old charity shop organ demo LPs like these geniuses did way way back..

stockhausenandwalkman.bandcamp.com/album/organ-transplants-volume-1

I didn't realise they were on Bandcamp. Love their stuff, didn't know about 'Bootleg Ethel' either.