Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSem or sunrizer for ambient style arps / leads

These are two that I've never picked up, but I think I wnt em... I've heard some dope things made with em, especially perplex on using isem on his YouTube videos...
I just wonder if isem is still good with all the new stuff on the market

Comments

• Both are fantastic. It really depends on what you are looking for. For instance, iSem has a slightly more analog or brassy sound to it. The Vangelis patch, for example, is beautiful--I think it's call Oxygene or something like that. Sunrizer on the other hand has a more digital sound to it but not a bad digital sound. They are both just different sounds for your palette. There are some unbelievable string ensemble-like pads that immediately put my ears into a blissful state. So, in short, they are both fantastic synths! I haven't used them since moving to my iPhone and abandoning my ancient iPad 2, but they were both great favorites! Try to find some sound examples on Youtube for each of them, and get an idea of what sounds better to you. :smile:

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Both are fantastic. It really depends on what you are looking for. For instance, iSem has a slightly more analog or brassy sound to it. The Vangelis patch, for example, is beautiful--I think it's call Oxygene or something like that. Sunrizer on the other hand has a more digital sound to it but not a bad digital sound. They are both just different sounds for your palette. There are some unbelievable string ensemble-like pads that immediately put my ears into a blissful state. So, in short, they are both fantastic synths! I haven't used them since moving to my iPhone and abandoning my ancient iPad 2, but they were both great favorites! Try to find some sound examples on Youtube for each of them, and get an idea of what sounds better to you. :smile:

Crap man now ima just get em both 😂 sold, thank for the info

• @reasOne
    I think Sunrizer is more powerful for sound design (fm, rm, flexible filter with more options, morphing), isem is simpler but the voice programmer for me always makes it stand out, whenever I take the time to launch it (it is painfully slow to load :smiley:) I never regret.
    Arpeggios in particular I like in isem hands down (together with voice prog), even though arp in sunrizer is very powerful I barely ever use it, because I find it difficult/slow to program.
    Sound wise both are excellent, so can't really go wrong with either of them.

• iSem kicks ass. It's now pretty much the only softsynth I use on iPad & VST. The modulation options are awesome. The round-robin voice programmer, especially when you set to an odd number of steps really helps create controllable, but highly varying timbres over the course of a sequence.

It's also amazingly resource friendly. I can get like 6 instances running in AUM on an Air2 pretty much no problem, along with a bunch of AudioDamage FX.

But I mostly use it for Berlin school stuff. Not the best for "modern" sounds I don't think...

One thing that sucks with iSEM as a AU is it takes foooorrrrreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr to load in AUM/hosts... And if you have like 6 instances as I mention above, it's like:

1) Load AUM
    2) Go take a nap
    3) Come back and wait some more for instance 6 to load... :)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    iSem kicks ass. It's now pretty much the only softsynth I use on iPad & VST. The modulation options are awesome. The round-robin voice programmer, especially when you set to an odd number of steps really helps create controllable, but highly varying timbres over the course of a sequence.

It's also amazingly resource friendly. I can get like 6 instances running in AUM on an Air2 pretty much no problem, along with a bunch of AudioDamage FX.

But I mostly use it for Berlin school stuff. Not the best for "modern" sounds I don't think...

One thing that sucks with iSEM as a AU is it takes foooorrrrreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr to load in AUM/hosts... And if you have like 6 instances as I mention above, it's like:

1) Load AUM
    2) Go take a nap

It takes about 6 seconds to load for me.

• You guys are great !!! I went for both, and I agree they are freaking awesome in their own ways, cant until after work to jam on em moor

• I love Sunrizer more. Its the first synth I bought ever and love the sound so much.
    The ARP is amazing and there are TONS of Preset/Patches to download for free from within the app.
    My favorite Pad sounds comes from this machine...

• edited November 2018

@sysexual said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    iSem kicks ass. It's now pretty much the only softsynth I use on iPad & VST. The modulation options are awesome. The round-robin voice programmer, especially when you set to an odd number of steps really helps create controllable, but highly varying timbres over the course of a sequence.

1) Load AUM
    2) Go take a nap

It takes about 6 seconds to load for me.

That's exactly what he is saying - he naps for 5 seconds, returns and waits for another second
    => 6 seconds :smiley:

• But that's like 5 seconds, per instance and that's like 30 seconds I'll never get back!!!!