Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amazing Noises Question

I have AN's Moebius Lab (though have not had a chance to explore it). I am a connoisseur of abstract soundscapes.

Do I also need Dedalus and or Gliderverb? (especially while they are on sale).

Comments

• My own favorite is FDN Reverb, but they are all very different and worth getting. They each do complex delay/reverb, but explore the different territory. In a nutshell:

• Dedalus: distortion
    • Glider: pitch shifting
    • FDN: shifting resonance/reverb characteristics.
  • @espiegel123 said:
    I have AN's Moebius Lab (though have not had a chance to explore it). I am a connoisseur of abstract soundscapes.

Do I also need Dedalus and or Gliderverb? (especially while they are on sale).

GliderVerb is great for warped/heavy psychedelia.

• You gotta do the apeSoft too, now.
    They are all so wonderfully strange.
    I loaded up on most stuff from apeSoft and Amazing Noises this time around.
    (I think a year ago their stuff kinda freaked me out, so I only gave Moebius Lab a try).

• @JeffChasteen said:
    GliderVerb is great for warped/heavy psychedelia.

AD describe GliderVerb as "changing the size of the room" but it's constantly morphing it's settings and sounds very warpy like @JeffChasteen says above.

• @ohwell said:
    My own favorite is FDN Reverb, but they are all very different and worth getting. They each do complex delay/reverb, but explore the different territory. In a nutshell:

• Dedalus: distortion
    • Glider: pitch shifting
    • FDN: shifting resonance/reverb characteristics.

Reverb FDN is the only one I didn't have yet so I grabbed it on sale and the first preset sounds like a morphing Reverb.

The first GliderVerb adds a lot of Bleeping and Bloops that aren't in the original synth at all. So, it's really very psychedelic in it's treatment of some pretty basic inputs.

I fell in love with the free GliderVerb version and decided to unlock a month ago to use it more in the AU format which (at the time) cost me $6 and today would be $4.

Reverb FDN looks like yet another cool morphing FX app. I suspect this is what all the excitement about assigning AU Parameters to Rozeta LFO's or ApeMatrix LFO's is all about...
    Making standard synths get processed into magical "environments".

• @McDtracy Try playing with max room sizes in the 0.01-0.3 range. It becomes a completely different animal!! Like a fantastically cooky version of objeq!

• @ohwell said:
    @McDtracy Try playing with max room sizes in the 0.01-0.3 range. It becomes a completely different animal!! Like a fantastically cooky version of objeq!

Will do. I love the strangeness of Objeq on synth sounds with sharp attacks: like sticking a mic is a wesson oil can to add reverberations.