Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I’ll wait til it goes down to $1.99 on Friday.

• The shipping cost don’t look to bad too ;)

• The VCS3 is art. 23 grand worth of art? You decide.

The Moog One is a cheap ass computer in a pretty box.

• @BroCoast said:
    The VCS3 is art. 23 grand worth of art? You decide.

Yeah okay. The Moog One is a cheap ass computer... This guy knows his stuff.

• @sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

When even the VCO part of the synth involves a processor, then it's pretty much a computer. Computers can be analog too.

My point here:

There is so much going on in The One that is usually done by a computer, surprise surpise done by a computer in The One.

A lot of what it does, we can already accomplish with a computer. Sure it has analog filters, interesting hybrid but ok they're analog oscillators and analog amps in there but the majority of it's feature set is based on what the computer inside is doing.

The most expensive part of The One is the exterior parts eg. the keyboard, case and knobs etc. which is all the best you can get. Premium stuff

The inside is analog boards made in china, inexpensive Xmos processors, 5 fans and whatever else goes on in there. It is certainly an achievement in design, engineering and all that fancy stuff.

If it's worth the price to you, that's great. For me it's too much computer for too much money...

That's coming from a total Moog fanboy. If you can't understand my POV that's ok. Did my comment annoy you enough to question my intelligence?

• @BroCoast said:

@sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

When even the VCO part of the synth involves a processor, then it's pretty much a computer. Computers can be analog too.

My point here:

There is so much going on in The One that is usually done by a computer, surprise surpise done by a computer in The One.

A lot of what it does, we can already accomplish with a computer. Sure it has analog filters, interesting hybrid but ok they're analog oscillators and analog amps in there but the majority of it's feature set is based on what the computer inside is doing.

The most expensive part of The One is the exterior parts eg. the keyboard, case and knobs etc. which is all the best you can get. Premium stuff

The inside is analog boards made in china, inexpensive Xmos processors, 5 fans and whatever else goes on in there. It is certainly an achievement in design, engineering and all that fancy stuff.

If it's worth the price to you, that's great. For me it's too much computer for too much money...

That's coming from a total Moog fanboy. If you can't understand my POV that's ok. Did my comment annoy you enough to question my intelligence?

It was undeniably a bold statement that sounded rash and thoughtless. An explanation is usually required when stating something like that if you wish to come off as intelligent, otherwise you leave yourself open to be questioned.

• @sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

@sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

My point here:

It was undeniably a bold statement that sounded rash and thoughtless. An explanation is usually required when stating something like that if you wish to come off as intelligent, otherwise you leave yourself open to be questioned.

It was probably too edgy I admit. I find it damn interesting and it's a provocative statement from a company who usually do very good simple analog monophonic synths. I just find it's price a little crazy for what it is, but it's inspired by the Schmidt so it was kind of expected to be expensive.

I feel like you can cover a lot more ground with one or two of their mono synths, the apps, some euro modules and a Roli. I could be wrong though, as there is no "finished" product. It will always be evolving

• @BroCoast said:

A lot of what it does, we can already accomplish with a computer.

“We”? You realize you just thoughtfully explained why you are not the target consumer for the Moog One.

• @BroCoast said:

@sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

@sysexual said:

@BroCoast said:

My point here:

It was probably too edgy I admit. I find it damn interesting and it's a provocative statement from a company who usually do very good simple analog monophonic synths. I just find it's price a little crazy for what it is, but it's inspired by the Schmidt so it was kind of expected to be expensive.

I feel like you can cover a lot more ground with one or two of their mono synths, the apps, some euro modules and a Roli. I could be wrong though, as there is no "finished" product. It will always be evolving

It's supposed to be their new flagship I can't say I've played one but the specs are impressive and the videos I have heard have been spectacular. I personally am not on the market for this much synth and don't think I ever will be. The Schmidt however is also impressive kit yet another synth I don't desire to own. Both would certainly be welcome in my tiny little studio however they would take all the room I have left!

• @ohwell said:

@BroCoast said:

A lot of what it does, we can already accomplish with a computer.

“We”? You realize you just thoughtfully explained why you are not the target consumer for the Moog One.

Well why is that? "We" as in people in general. As we're on a forum about iOS things aren't "We" all using a computer already?

• So does this mean none of you guys are buying the VCS?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    So does this mean none of you guys are buying the VCS?

I'd rather get on the 10-year waiting list for a new one from Robin Wood & co.
    http://emssynthesisers.co.uk/
    And get some EMS-licensed add-ons here:
    http://www.synthi.co.uk/price-list/

Isn't the Moog One multitimbral (3 parts)? I'd love a One and a Quantum.

• edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@ocelot said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    So does this mean none of you guys are buying the VCS?

I'd rather get on the 10-year waiting list for a new one from Robin Wood & co.
    http://emssynthesisers.co.uk/
    And get some EMS-licensed add-ons here:
    http://www.synthi.co.uk/price-list/

Isn't the Moog One multitimbral (3 parts)? I'd love a One and a Quantum.

VCS3 isnt worth the wait & money any more,
    get some eurorack stuff and a lot of multiples, does the same things and is more flexible and you don't have to deal with the weird upside down and left is right way of things ... I think without inverted pins its really odd to use and its unstable as hell (without modifications), retune retune retune - no wonder most ppl just used it to make weird noise ;)
    its just a cult object these days

I"d happily pay their price without the wait. It might be a bit overhyped and mostly used for weird noise but what a noise!

Good analog synths sound "electric" and "alive."

The VCS3 sounds as if you're pulling that electricity directly from the sky.

• edited November 2018
  • Moog One is worth every penny IMO, even more so since it doesn't cripple itself going the purist route, instead incorporating the best of both worlds digital + analog.

Here are a couple of the best performances I've heard so far with it -- notice how well it stands out in a mix, cuts through when needed or seamlessly blends in with both classic analog and modern digital synths.
    It'll be considered a classic 20 years from now, maybe fetching as much as Jupiter-8 or VCS3 go for now if Moog ever halts production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=8g5vJPtSGsE

• @BroCoast said:

Well why is that? "We" as in people in general. As we're on a forum about iOS things aren't "We" all using a computer already?

Perhaps your point is that there is no consumer base for the Moog One, or that all of the Moog One customers are confused about what specific needs they have from their professional gear. Ahem.

• edited November 2018
  • @ohwell said:

@BroCoast said:

Perhaps your point is that there is no consumer base for the Moog One, or that all of the Moog One customers are confused about what specific needs they have from their professional gear. Ahem.

No there is definitely a consumer base and it obviously satisfies a lot of people who have purchased one. I'll eat my hat when it does something fantastic for "me."

It sounds rather nice and all, no disputing that. Did you buy a One? Or plan to buy one?

I'm just of the mind that if it looks and sounds quite like a computer, that it's a damn expensive computer.

• @BroCoast I quite like this sonic talk episode’s discussion of the Moog One pricing, from the perspective of professionals who each have different needs (and budgets):

Even for pros with the budget the Moog One doesn’t seem like a one size fits all solution. Listening to these perspectives (and acknowledging that I’ll never be able to afford one + I will never have the skills to make good use of one) it’s just not obvious to me that it’s in any way overpriced..

• @ohwell said:
    @BroCoast I quite like this sonic talk episode’s discussion of the Moog One pricing, from the perspective of professionals who each have different needs (and budgets):

Even for pros with the budget the Moog One doesn’t seem like a one size fits all solution. Listening to these perspectives (and acknowledging that I’ll never be able to afford one + I will never have the skills to make good use of one) it’s just not obvious to me that it’s in any way overpriced..

I enjoy Ty Unwin's work.

From my perspective it's overpriced, but keep in mind that's coming from a synth repair background (as a hobby not a job.)

Maybe you will find it bizarre that I don't think a Model 15 is overpriced in the slightest. But I won't go on about what I think is priced fair and what isn't. I'm incredibly grateful for Moog's work for us iOS users.

• @ZenKier said:
    Moog One is worth every penny IMO, even more so since it doesn't cripple itself going the purist route, instead incorporating the best of both worlds digital + analog.

Here are a couple of the best performances I've heard so far with it -- notice how well it stands out in a mix, cuts through when needed or seamlessly blends in with both classic analog and modern digital synths.
    It'll be considered a classic 20 years from now, maybe fetching as much as Jupiter-8 or VCS3 go for now if Moog ever halts production.

A Digitakt as the main sequencer of a modular system, even triggering that 8-step Moog 960.
    Nice!

• @rs2000 said:

@ZenKier said:
    Moog One is worth every penny IMO, even more so since it doesn't cripple itself going the purist route, instead incorporating the best of both worlds digital + analog.

A Digitakt as the main sequencer of a modular system, even triggering that 8-step Moog 960.
    Nice!

Digitakt is the shit!

• Just my preference but I still look for things like pots and encoders that are bolted to the panel, metal shafts...DSI and Moog One aren't that. I'll stick with Vermona and modular for now. But a Moog One (and Waldorf Quantum) are still high up on my wishlist. I do think the Moog One's aksing price is pretty darn good, but will probably get the Waldorf first, unless they start working on iOS again. :)

And when I think of computers in a sexy synth case, I think of digital synths like the Hartmann Neutron, John Bowen Solaris, Arturia Origin, Nord G2, Yamaha VL1, Korg Oasys,....not something with analog VCOs, VCFs, VCAs...But even the all-analog Make Noise Maths is considered an 'analog computer', just like the Buchla modules they were 'inspired' by. :)

• A Digitakt as the main sequencer of a modular system, even triggering that 8-step Moog 960.
    Nice!

I'm incredibly impressed with it .. Recently stepped outside the box and picked up a Deepmind 12 and Neutron, seriously considering getting the digi as the central brain to my HW setup.

p.s. He does an excellent job showing off what the elektron gear can do btw, here's one with just the Digitakt, Digitone and a Novation Peak. Much more affordable than the other gear, but every bit as impressive sounding.

• The Moog One seems to me to be a marketing-driven thrust to take some of the sales away from the contemporary Dave Smith / Oberheim / Sequential market – “They’re selling units, so so should we.”

For me, the hardware I’m most interested in at the moment is th Behringer Neutron. However, I’m not going to get any hardware at all, those days have gone.

• The XILS 4 is a good emulation for VCS 3 and Tim Blake fans, for whom one VCS 3 is just not enough: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/1667-XILS-4

• Speaking of VCS3, my lord and savior Thomas Lehn imprinted a softer spot in me for the cheaper Synthi A over 15 years ago. If I ever give into that fantasy it will be easier on the wallet! 👹

• @Max23 said:
    im not sure if they are still in business,
    the 3 EMS guys are grandgranddaddys age now,
    no idea how old mr wood is
    the website looks like it was made 30 years ago

a lot of that old steam lok sound comes from the spring reverb ...

Speaking of that spring. I find the one in iVCS3 to be pretty realistic! It compares well to my hardware units.

• edited November 2018