Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A violin, a cello and a pad....

edited November 2018 in Creations

Says it all. Minimal classical ambient thingie. Improved play with just 3 tracks...a violin, a cello and a pad :)

Comments

• Is that the "Emotional Violin" again? I'd love to have that sound on IOS. What did you use for the Cello?

Your mixes always sound like studio recordings with musicians playing after years of training. As creators we live in amazing times.

Another great Cinematic Music project! People should be licensing these for their video projects.

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Is that the "Emotional Violin" again? I'd love to have that sound on IOS. What did you use for the Cello?

Your mixes always sound like studio recordings with musicians playing after years of training. As creators we live in amazing times.

Another great Cinematic Music project! People should be licensing these for their video projects.

Thank you :)
    Indeed the Violin is Emotional Violin and the cello is Emotional Cello. But i used some additional FX and spacing tools on top.
    I also would love to have these on iOS since i think that a clever multi-touch control could be superb to perform these solo strings. Since it also use just about 6GB (which isn´t too much for what it can do and compared to other sample libraries and since we also have up to 1TB iPads).
    Here i used just 1 of the over 70 available articulations (the cello has about 50). Only switching velocity to change from bow legato to finger legato and some portamentos within this one articulation setting.
    The same for the cello here. So it can sounds a lot more dynamic and realistic and impressive in more advanced hands. I also just start really to explore and learn these tools.
    But i can´t wait for the viola as well :D
    Physical modeling tools like Finger Fiddle for iOS can´t perform as nice but also offer some things you can´t do with these sampled tools like very natural change in tempo of tremolo and stuff or real morphing not just blending sounds or some great FX or disturbing organic tones for horror etc.
    However, i just love to play around for hours with these tools, turn quantize off and just jam around to get inspired.
    Having all these articulations gives really another feel while playing and evokes emotions.
    I feel not ready yet but maybe i try it just for fun to make more out of it. It still is an (expensive hobby) but it makes me happy ;)
    Using ThumbJam or other iOS apps as midi controller for these tools is wonderful as well. But in this case it works best for me playing just on a computer keyboard while i also have an iPhone with 3D touch and a Seaboard Rise 25 here (which i should use more often). Lol, maybe a computer keyboard layout with 3d touch would be my perfect midi device.

• Ouch! I went to find the pricing for these Desktop Instruments and remembered why I stick with IOS apps. Quality instruments will come... there are a few out there now. The Cello in ThumbJam is a favorite for me and I have found some SF2 instruments that can be moved into AudioLayer easily (using Mainstage on the Mac to process SF2 into ESX24's). I have an Oboe that makes me very happy using that approach.

The flaws always seem to be the handling of the vibrato and this Emotional Violin just sounds flawless. All the IOS violins sound artificial with respect to the vibrato. I think I want a non-vibrato recording and then the ability to control vibrato using CC/Modulation controllers. I'm still lookin got that great violin sound without vibrato. Every records it and then you need every single note to be sampled or it sounds off to me.

Anyway, you work inspires me to keep learning and seeking you level of sound and musical quality.

Keep putting these out there and I'll use my "gift" budget on these great tools.

Do something mind boggling with the Roli keyboard that pushes the envelope and makes me want that too. $300 but it has BlueTooth for couch potato composing right?

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Ouch! I went to find the pricing for these Desktop Instruments and remembered why I stick with IOS apps. Quality instruments will come... there are a few out there now. The Cello in ThumbJam is a favorite for me and I have found some SF2 instruments that can be moved into AudioLayer easily (using Mainstage on the Mac to process SF2 into ESX24's). I have an Oboe that makes me very happy using that approach.

The flaws always seem to be the handling of the vibrato and this Emotional Violin just sounds flawless. All the IOS violins sound artificial with respect to the vibrato. I think I want a non-vibrato recording and then the ability to control vibrato using CC/Modulation controllers. I'm still lookin got that great violin sound without vibrato. Every records it and then you need every single note to be sampled or it sounds off to me.

Anyway, you work inspires me to keep learning and seeking you level of sound and musical quality.

Keep putting these out there and I'll use my "gift" budget on these great tools.

Do something mind boggling with the Roli keyboard that pushes the envelope and makes me want that too. $300 but it has BlueTooth for couch potato composing right?

Of course it not cheap but i got f.e. Emotional Violin for €159 (via crossgrade because own also the cello).
    It sounds still expensive but is a bargain for me for what it can do. I mean it took them years to develop this and you can´t really compare that to any iOS solo violin. The thing is i could spend the same for iSymphoinic and IAP but in this case i prefer these tools. It´s not only much more samples stuff included but also of course the scripting and other stuff. It´s also a bunch of money for me i consider not easy to spend but you have to take these out of my dead cold hands :D
    Spending endless money on a ton of little apps isn´t chepaer at the end for me if i can replace them with a few bigger tools which i use for years and even decades. These instruments won´t come to iOS if the market not change sadly. I even payed close to a grand for some tools but got more value out of it as from 10 cheap apps i never use.
    It depends if you want something really.
    Just for your interest an little overview of what it can do:

• I totally thought it'd be ".... walk into a bar...."

• Are you using it in Native Instruments Kontakt Player or another Desktop product?

• edited November 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Are you using it in Native Instruments Kontakt Player or another Desktop product?

Yes, it´s a Kontakt Player instrument but i also own the full Kontakt...which i don´t need really since i mainly use the Player functions.
    It´s true about the vibrato and also not all desktop tools using real vibrato. While you have not such control over a real recorded vibrato there is nothing which can sounds as good for me. Same with portamentos and in general with all the lots of different articulations and dynamic layers (important really for shorts).
    So yeah, much money but it´s like it is 100 times more work to get such an instrument well done compared to just multisample and put some synthesis on top.
    iSymphonic and Sample Tank and ThumbJam are quite nice and works as good in some cases but especially for some more dynamic and solo instruments they don´t work.
    I also need still a good choir and was close to get the Spitfire Eric Whitacre Choir but it was out of my budget.
    But then i spend my money on plug-ins and don´t make holiday or make tons of extra hours.
    I´m a slave of apps and plug-ins :D

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    I totally thought it'd be ".... walk into a bar...."

Lol....it took me some minutes to get what you mean with that. (uh my english needs an update as well).
    :D

• That "Emotional Violin" needs psychotherapy... drinking is probably a bad idea: Damaging to the instrument's health.

OK. I guess I need to start with NI Kontakt Player to get more quality instruments and I think I can export many to IOS AudioLayer through some conversion process... using the Mainstage or Logic Pro AutoSampler if nothing else.

• "A violin, a cello and a pad..." + "walk into a bar". (Sorry, it took me a while.)

The cello says to the violin "How do you keep that youthful figure?"

The Pad (who is married to the Cello') storms out of the bar yelling back at the Cello "You can't just keep walking all over me like that."

• @embertone said they were bringing josh bell violin to iOS, but that was a year ago. Haven’t heard a peep.

• @ion677 said:
    @embertone said they were bringing josh bell violin to iOS, but that was a year ago. Haven’t heard a peep.

I don‘t think they ever said that....sadly.

• here's a photo from a facebook comment. Yeah, that doesn't commit them to it, but it's still something.

• edited November 2018

@Cib are you familiar with the Joshua Bell violin? Lovely piece, btw.

Oops, didn't see the posts re JB

• @McDtracy said:
    "A violin, a cello and a pad..." + "walk into a bar". (Sorry, it took me a while.)

The cello says to the violin "How do you keep that youthful figure?"

The Pad (who is married to the Cello') storms out of the bar yelling back at the Cello "You can't just keep walking all over me like that."

HAHAHA !

• @ion677 said:

here's a photo from a facebook comment. Yeah, that doesn't commit them to it, but it's still something.

If i got a penny from every developer who said something like "we think about an iOS version" i would be rich now :)
    It´s more the usual we consider it but never happens.
    I mean it´s their flagship product (or kind of) and they would maybe start with the other strings before and not sure how it would run without Kontakt and sells for a fraction of the price.
    However, maybe it might happen some day. Would be the first really good solo instrument on iOS.
    Otherwise maybe some other developers would start it.
    If we just had Kontakt for iOS......... :)

• Impressive piece @Cib ,definitely takes talent as well as the right tools.