Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your favourite AUv3 app...and why?

edited November 2018 in Other

Loving my current Xequence -> AUM workflow. Populated with AUv3 synths & FX.

If you had to pick one favourite AUv3 app, what would it be and why?

I would have to say Rozeta suite for me, it’s just so useful in so many situations. Most used is probably X0X as a super easy way of sending a beat to Ruismaker. Turn up mutate on the hats and we’re off!

Synthwise I always hit Zeeon. Mainly because I load up 2 instances with 2 particular patches that compliment each other really well. However it does have some midi learn issues.

Poison 202 also sounds great but just as importantly it has Program Change in its AUv3 and is always my goto if I need this feature.

Comments

• I dunno about favorite but my most used is Replicant2, that I can say for sure.

• edited November 2018

Currently I use the same AUM -> Xequence workflow or AUM direct to Ableton via iconnect. Agree with you on Zeeon and Rozetta.

I would add RE-1, I think it needed more beta testing before release but now after quite some updates it really adds a nice vibe to instruments and sounds great.

Also I’m hoping the new yet to be released AUv3 app ‘photon’ midi recorder might replace Xequence for some quick and easy recording jams within AUM.

• ReSlice and Neo-Soul Keys seem to find their way into/onto everything. It might be Neo - ‘A Perfect Suitcase 1’ is my default start point, because... It’s beautiful.

• Zeeon...the whole synth is right there without page switching (since second page is just effects and minor details you only need to set once).

• @icsleepers said:
    I dunno about favorite but my most used is Replicant2, that I can say for sure.

Same here. The sounds I get out of this in combination of let’s say ruismaker noir are just brilliant! Love this app! Replicant 2 FTW!

• SynthMaster One - hands down!
    Poison-202
    SwarPlug
    Primer

• LayR, because, well, LayR. Andy has put an amazing job into what in my mind is one of the best synths I've ever use, Brice/Stuart took it even further by showcasing what can be done in it. It is the one thing I check actually works as I need it to when I test new things, such as for example Stagelight.

Having said that, Zeeon and Mood are butting up right next to it, and I'm contemplating my next move for grains, which by the sounds of it might be Spacecraft.

But you ask me to pick one. LayR.

• Zeeon, Replicant 2, RX950. Nearly use them on every song

• @tomato_juice said:
    ReSlice and Neo-Soul Keys seem to find their way into/onto everything. It might be Neo - ‘A Perfect Suitcase 1’ is my default start point, because... It’s beautiful.

+1

• Brusfri makes the internal microphones on iPad and iPhone much more useful for me.
    I can’t think of a plugin that gets used even half as much in my projects.

• FAC Maxima is the Louisiana Hot Sauce of AUv3 apps as a dash of it brings out the flavor of your tracks.

• edited November 2018

Model D all over, Ruismaker is next in line.

..Why? Because they sound awesome with minimal effort and are quick to get ideas going while both being flexible and deep enough to develop ideas through to their conclusion. I also love the MIDI CC control implementation in both apps -- a cut above the pack in both cases.

• Beathawk, because the sounds are great

Same goes for Roli Noise.