Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fake musician - First basic piano composition.

wexwex
edited November 2018 in Creations

This is one of my first simple piano compositions, no idea what I'm doing. Do people past 40 often just start feeling things must be expressed? Brain tumor maybe... :smiley: But who cares a reason, since I'm trying to learn whatever I can as I go, any constructive feedback or tips are always appreciated.

Comments

• Really nice, Wex. Not fake at all! Expression is what it is all about. Any age, any time.

What piano? What DAW? Spend $5 and add a Sensual Sax line on top ! Then IFretless acoustic bass. You're a trio!

• Man what a cool reply and to taking a min to add it, thanks for that.

I wish everyone here all the success they hope for. For me success is just discovering what I've been missing, and like I say, seems like not a bad place to pick up tips along the way.

take care -

@LinearLineman said:
    Really nice, Wex. Not fake at all! Expression is what it is all about. Any age, any time.

What piano? What DAW? Spend $5 and add a Sensual Sax line on top ! Then IFretless acoustic bass. You're a trio!

• I listened to Strive for Success. Excellent!

• wexwex
    edited November 2018

@LinearLineman

You're humble enough to not link to your work, but I did track down and take a listen to your stuff.

Without getting through everything, pretty quickly liked (sometimes it takes me lots of plays to know ) Two for@kuhl and Ode to L to start, very nice work.

I was able to connect with them.

Also a little shocked at some of the lengths of the tracks. One was almost a damn half hour long!

Songs never come into my head anywhere near this length. It tends to be bits and pieces, they get sketched out, played with, and just try to see what works. It's hard to imagine doing that kind of length, but I can see how it allowed for a lot of diversity along the way.

I tell my daughter, don't bother analyzing details of whether you like a song (unless you have some specific purpose to doing so).

Just let it play. Can you feel anything, or just hear sounds coming out?

I tell here for me that's usually my best clue.

• Glad you liked them, @wex. I was just on a roll with those Synthonies. Pumped up over my discovery of iOS.

Your advice to your daughter is on target. Look forward to what comes next from you.

• Fake it till you make it baby!