Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Octatrack + iPad Sessions

2»

Comments

• Good stuff @echoopera. That was a lot of filming!

• Thanks for giving a viewing. The footage was sourced from the latest version of LumaFusion. All sequencing done directly in KEW on this one. It was a late night by the fire place.

• Still fighting this bugger of a cold...but i must carry on. Had a little bit of a breakthrough today which I’m quite happy about...it’s all starting to flow together as they say.

Here’s the result of the process.
    Electribe Wave for the main composition...played and programmed directly in app.
    Lively drum bits towards end sampled from Groovebox and noodled in post.
    Mastered in Cubasis...some reverb, delay and delicious Waves Mastering.
    Yep, didn’t use the OT on this one...but i just didn’t feel like leaving the bed 🙏🏼👊🏼™️💓

Amazing what technology enables with some intent 🤪

• Been a few days. Here’s a quick experiment with a 4 Bar loop and Mutes being driven by the OT:

• Good to hear you keeping this going!

• edited February 2019

Often our day to day slips past our senses, & before we know it another day has passed. It is my hope that these aural signals allow you to slow down. Reflect & be in the moment. May it stir & guide you back to a deeper place where you each long to be. Hope you enjoy :)

• edited July 2020

@echoopera said:

@recccp said:
    Tip:
    You can map midi controls on OTs midi page, and use it as controller/p-lock values on additional patterns to create variations or use trig condition 'fill' to spice it up.

Yep. But with KEW the OT mapping affects all channels at once. I’m using the Korg controller since it only affects the selected synth (part of the special sauce Korg has with their controllers). This allows me to only noodle the cutoff for the lead synth instead of affecting the cutoff for all synths.

Hopefully a new update will resolve Midi Learn being global and make it per channel instead.

Hi. I’m scratching my head with the MIDI LEARN on the OT paired with an ICA4+ and an iPad.
    Im a bit confused with the setting to have the MIDI LEARN function working without any external controler.
    Ex: i want to MIDI LEARN the cut of off FACTORY AUV3 inside AUM but it doesn’t work. I try many things, changing AUTO channel, TRIG channel number on OT but nothing happen.

Ok i can simply use the midi learn avantage in factory but many synth haven’t midi learn and the midi learn function in Octatrack is pretty fast.

I use my UC33 controller faders to control OT 1-8 tracks volume.

Can you help me with this setup?

• edited July 2020

@Hkor

Ha...too cool. I just started up the OT again last night...so I am here to offer what I can :)

First question i have is:
    Are you getting the OctaTrack to successfully send Midi to the iPad in your setup? Can you use it to sequence the iPad?

I just want to make sure that the signal flow is working before taking the next step.

If so, just make sure that your Knobs are turned on for the CC values to come thru. I like using CTRL 2 since it gives me 6 volume knobs from a single view. You use FUNCTION+Press the Knob down to turn them from OFF to Send CC values. Here's a quick overview for you. Hope it helps:

• @echoopera said:
    @Hkor

Ha...too cool. I just started up the OT again last night...so I am here to offer what I can :)

First question i have is:
    Are you getting the OctaTrack to successfully send Midi to the iPad in your setup? Can you use it to sequence the iPad?

I just want to make sure that the signal flow is working before taking the next step.

If so, just make sure that your Knobs are turned on for the CC values to come thru. I like using CTRL 2 since it gives me 6 volume knobs from a single view. You use FUNCTION+Press the Knob down to turn them from OFF to Send CC values. Here's a quick overview for you. Hope it helps:

Welcome back to the endless posibility of the Octatrack 🤗😋

So i scratch my Head last Niger on my problems and now it work like i want.
    The solution was simply to have my controler on a different Global chanel like my Octatrack.
    OT Auto chanel = 11
    UC33 Global chanel = 16

Here is my settings:

• Awesome. Glad you figured it out.

Now enjoy the depth of joy the OctaTrack will bring you 👊🏼™️

• Yes i have it.
    I tried it but i havent go deep inside.
    I need to spend more time with manifold to figure if it can be usefull for my setup.

• edited July 2020

Thanks again @Hkor for reactivating this thread.

Had a good OctaTrack + AUM Session last night and here's the result:

The OT is providing the percussive elements and chopped bits, while AUM is hosting all the synths and effects.

I truly love this machine...it's so deep and satisfying to use....

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks again @Hkor for reactivating this thread.

Had a good OctaTrack + AUM Session last night and here's the result:

The OT is providing the percussive elements and chopped bits, while AUM is hosting all the synths and effects.

I truly love this machine...it's so deep and satisfying to use....

Nice fresh lushy session 😉🤩
    Yes Octatrack is soooo deeeeeeeep, endless posibilities if the user see it like a modular.
    The SCENE with the crossfader is the GRAAL for me = instant variations

One missing thing is SNAPSHOT and if I’m not wrong MANIFOLD can make snapshot.

Next thing on my todo list: integrate Manifold on my setup ⛓

• edited July 2020

Here is some sample i rec with my Octatrack sequencing IPAD.

App used: AUM hosted by AUDIOBUS for transport and clock sync (OT is master)

Factory & Monoke going thrue a bus with EQ + K7D + WOTT + CRUSHSTATION
    I tend to modulate some parameters on Factory like cutt off, res, drive, Random & morph features to get something alive.

The sample are not normalised & the tempo is 140bpm

Njoy ;)

https://mega.nz/file/4pgm2QgA#NkY3bW_B82L8ms9DwDQvJ6EIrF2d20ncfVbaYF1KxeQ

• @Hkor said:
    Here is some sample i rec with my Octatrack sequencing IPAD.

App used: AUM hosted by AUDIOBUS for transport and clock sync (OT is master)

Factory & Monoke going thrue a bus with EQ + K7D + WOTT + CRUSHSTATION
    I tend to modulate some parameters on Factory like cutt off, res, drive, Random & morph features to get something alive.

The sample are not normalised & the tempo is 140bpm

Njoy ;)

https://mega.nz/file/4pgm2QgA#NkY3bW_B82L8ms9DwDQvJ6EIrF2d20ncfVbaYF1KxeQ

Here a simple record of my work https://hearthis.at/layer-king/gat-sleepless-01-test/
    I love using on the Octatrack Master track 2 compressor, the first is more used to add spicies and warm and the second to glue the whole mix together.
    With this method you can make a fat and loud mix.

• I'm curious to know what the best method to pair octatrack whereby each part/ pattern will change the presets od multiple synths on Aum/audiobus