Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..Caustic 3 ..Demo and Tutorial...An Amazing App For Many Reasons

OK So no AB yet, but I don't think it will be long, however you can export to Audioshare...other than that this is as close to perfect as we are likely to see...massive..

Comments

• Haven't watched yet, but man you went for a record on this one haha I just noticed its 20+ minutes long. I do know though, from Android, that Caustic is packed with tons of great stuff

• I'm going in... I may be some time...

• edited December 2013

@thesoundtestroom ...stacks and stacks!!! You crack me up and I love your genuine enthusiasm and excitement during these vids!

• Was the PCM Synth silent because you were in song mode?

• encenc
    edited December 2013

i must not buy any more apps, i must not buy any more apps ... Repeat to fade .....

• Nice video Doug. Loving this app.

• No it was silent at the end becuase the mixer channel the iPad was plugged into stopped working, mic channel fine, iPad channel not, probably a loose connection..about 30 seconds later after some fiddling about it worked..

• Doug i promised myself not to buy anymore app but after watching your video once again i had to get it.
    It's such a amazing app with lots of sound's, the CPU, don't know how he was able to control it.
    AudioBus and IAA needed in next update.

• Ahh, gotta love tempramental hardware. :)

BTW, I saw an Allen & Heath GL2 mixer for sale for £109 today. Can't afford it though. :P

• Mines a really old Behringer 18/32 FX, FX dont work properly anymore, the fader for the monitor return dont work, it's crackly as fuck..but I love that mixer....

• I have that Behringer board also and after 8 years it is starting to develop a few fader problems also. I am going to update to the new version which can be used as a sound card for recording as well as my DJ work. I too think that this is one awesome board for the money.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• Hi Doug, thanks for the review, I love your enthusiasm!

You had me scared at the end there, here I was trying to reproduce your demo setup and analyzing youtube frames to see if nothing was muted ... so relieved.

And yes, AB support is coming. I'm stoked to get started on that right after a small break over xmas.

• @Caustic_Rej hope IAA is also planned

• edited December 2013

thanks for the video,guess i'm gonna buy this too now...

• edited March 2014

• This really is extraordinary. I don't know how he has packed all this in to such a small package. A real marvel and superbly priced.

• edited December 2013

Amazing...Can't believe the small size of the app...
    C'mon Santa, sign in :)

• edited March 2014

• lol,nice comparsion :)

• edited March 2014

• no brainer!

• Normally I wouldn't hesitate to buy this but with Electrify NXT on the way, I think it's going to be a case of one or the other.

And also, just to venture my opinion, although Caustic 3 is clearly a great package, I can't see myself doing much with it that I can't already do with my current app library. It's dance-centric, obviously, which might put some people off, but I'm more concerned that it is not offering anything I don't already have.

How is this so different to recording a drum part, some synths, adding effects and so on in the usual ways? If anything, to me, the fact it's all in a package would make it less useful than the existing army of apps.

That said, I do intend to buy this if Electrify disappoints. Not saying I can't use this, and I don't wish to dampen the enthusiasm here, but I'd personally find the constraints of the single environment at odds with the way I tend to work.

• edited March 2014

• Yeah, I fully get that, but I think one can do more if you're not under that roof. But as a single app that can indeed do so much, especially in the styles it encourages, it comes across like a more flexible Fruity Loops to me. I've got to see what Electrify NXT does first, but considering my compulsion to buy all this stuff anyway... Yeah :-) I'll probably get it at the weekend when I'm tired and emotional. I only just got Bismark!

• edited March 2014

• Yes. Now it's my first foray into soundfonts and I was very pleased with it straight away. Very simple and great results, and I'm bloody well happy with the tune I finally managed to commit to iPad thanks to this app! Mapping eight sounds to a keyboard simultaneously invites some great experimentation, and as I was going for a big orchestral sweep, it works a treat. I'm going to try sticking some unusual bedfellows together next. Being able to mix each font into the whole is very handy.

• edited March 2014

• 8 soundfonts played live from 2 onscreen keyboards in Bismark bs-16i. No extra processing other than bs-16i's built-in reverb.