Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using the Rode SC6-L 2x2 audio interface?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SC6L--rode-sc6-l-mobile-interface-for-ios

Looks pretty nice as a mobile (tiny) solution for, say, sampling a volca or recording/processing one iOS device via another.

What I like:
1. Two separate inputs
2. Size
3. Price (~$80)

What I can't sort out from the specs:
1. Will the TRRS inputs work with a plain old TS connector? How about TRS?
2. There's no physical way to set the input gain; is that done via some app? Can you pass line level signals in without distortion? If so, do you have to manually dial down the input levels or does it do some magic for you?

Open to other suggestions in the same size/price range if'n you have some to offer. Two discreet inputs is nice but adding a tiny Y adapter to the setup isn't a big deal.

Comments

• I didn't find any details of what's inside - except that gain setting needs Rode's Reporter app for 'low-medium-high' level. This app is also needed for channel/format settings.
    Seems much focussed on that interview scenario and there will be (the usual) power for the mic on each connector.
    The rest is up to experimentation. The device might shut the input off if the connected item doesn't respond like a small condensor mic - or it might just pass the audio...