Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help for Audiobus, AUM configuration with External Synths

Hi everyone. Well, Im having problems with my live performance on the iPad when I include external synthesizers through an audio interface, in this case focusrite scarlett 2i4. My routing is Audiobus + Effect + AUM(for every synth and app). Into AUM mix all channel into a master and Record this output that i listen in the interface audio output.
Some of the problems are:

• Collapses of some app that produce coupling noise.
  • Other times I stop listening what im doing, for external divices and apps.
  • Other times I have latency into AUM, but if i set output sound into Audiobus only this dissapear.
  • The famous Black screen crush when I only used AUM.

I have not been able to maintain a stable environment for record live performance. Im always with the fear of something going to crush my performance.
Help me to know how to connect correctly from audiobus to AUM in the most efficient way.

Thanks

Comments

• I can’t help with your problem, but I have to say, “famous Black screen crush” is a great name for a song.

• @bastianproger said:
    Hi everyone. Well, Im having problems with my live performance on the iPad when I include external synthesizers through an audio interface, in this case focusrite scarlett 2i4. My routing is Audiobus + Effect + AUM(for every synth and app). Into AUM mix all channel into a master and Record this output that i listen in the interface audio output.

• Other times I have latency into AUM, but if i set output sound into Audiobus only this dissapear.

I have not been able to maintain a stable environment for record live performance. Im always with the fear of something going to crush my performance.
    Help me to know how to connect correctly from audiobus to AUM in the most efficient way.

Thanks

The black screen crash is most likely caused by Kymaticas own app switcher. It's been removed from his fx apps, so the only two apps that can trigger it is switching between AUM and SECTOR. Avoid using that switcher, until app updates.
    With the rest it's hard to help unless you describe which app under what condition is misbehaving.
    In general the solution is simplifying things.
    If you rely mostly on IAAs keep it in AB3, if you rely mostly on AUs AUM is more flexible.
    Try not to mix the two. Again if you describe your typical session in more details it's easier to suggest.

• @recccp said:

@bastianproger said:

Thanks

The black screen crash is most likely caused by Kymaticas own app switcher. It's been removed from his fx apps, so the only two apps that can trigger it is switching between AUM and SECTOR. Avoid using that switcher, until app updates.
    With the rest it's hard to help unless you describe which app under what condition is misbehaving.
    If you rely mostly on IAAs keep it in AB3, if you rely mostly on AUs AUM is more flexible.
    Try not to mix the two. Again if you describe your typical session in more details it's easier to suggest.

Actually it's not my own IAA app switcher, it's Apples! So there might be other apps using it as well.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@recccp said:

@bastianproger said:

Thanks

Actually it's not my own IAA app switcher, it's Apples! So there might be other apps using it as well.

Oops... Thanks for clarification!
    Do you have an ETA for AUM update?

• @recccp said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@recccp said:

@bastianproger said:

Thanks

I was hoping to add the planned "midi-only slots" (to not waste whole audio-channels for hosting sequencer plugins) but it looks like I might release the update before that and add it in a later update.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@recccp said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@recccp said:

@bastianproger said:

Thanks

I was hoping to add the planned "midi-only slots" (to not waste whole audio-channels for hosting sequencer plugins) but it looks like I might release the update before that and add it in a later update.

Thanks for the update!