Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dear Novation:

As the holidays approach and you launched a new MIDI controller for more than the usual cost of a Novation keyboard.

I was wondering a few things.

Should we just chalk up as in the chalk outline of Blocs, Groovebox, and really almost Launchpad app?

I have supported you with every IAP, every week for more years than I want to admit. I have done the default subscription by buying the weekly presets on Groovebox.

But GB is a clusterphuck at this point. I have endless oddly named kits that just don't work in a productive set up or approach.

I have reached a point I need to keep growing musically and with the times.

Unfortunately, the use of your "secret handshake" midi matrix and the inability to respectfully allow users to determine their own midi assignments on your apps. But I even would like to pick my own channels to use my apps on what devices.

And yes, they are almost all Novation devices that I own.

But, if this relationship is going no where.

If Blocs will never get with a threesome with the midi.

And the GB can't find it in it's being to allow automation and midi cc assignments is not turning me on.

And Launchpad, it is so missionary in its approach. No way to automate. Trapped on some old boring channel.

You were always about a professional approach.

Will the apps ever have it.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL OR SHOW ME THE REAL PLANS IF ANY FOR YOUR APP LINE UP SO I KNOW TO BUY THE NEW CONTROLLER OR NOT?

IF NOTHING IS COMING WITH THE APPS, MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE SOME THOUGHTS ON ANOTHER DIRECTION WHERE SPENDING THAT MUCH ON A KEYBOARD GETS ME SOME DOPE SOFTWARE. EVEN IF NOT ON IOS.

Luv and kisses.

RUST(i)K

Comments

• This should be addressing Novation and Ampify as I believe they are the ones behind the programming of those apps.

Also, really not sure what to make of all the colourful sex metaphors in this post! 😂

• @Calverhall said:
    This should be addressing Novation and Ampify as I believe they are the ones behind the programming of those apps.

Also, really not sure what to make of all the colourful sex metaphors in this post! 😂

All about knob twisting and stimulation for the sonic pleasure of it all.

Yeah, Ampify Novation I think for all intensive purposes they are the same in my eyes.

I love the products just have been patient and hope they get up to speed with the needs of users already.

New controller just prompt some growth I hope.

• With a lot less space, flashing lights, cables, heat and electricity......Groovebox/Launchkey is pretty much the same workflow as the new Keyboard (which I really want) connected to hardware modules (barring automation of course).
    GB/LK combo is still for me the most immediate and productive on iOS.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Automation or most of the other requests that folks on here have made !

I am still confident that @AmpifyxNovation will be slow cooking something to surprise.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    With a lot less space, flashing lights, cables, heat and electricity......Groovebox/Launchkey is pretty much the same workflow as the new Keyboard (which I really want) connected to hardware modules (barring automation of course).
    GB/LK combo is still for me the most immediate and productive on iOS.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Automation or most of the other requests that folks on here have made !

I am still confident that @AmpifyxNovation will be slow cooking something to surprise.

Well I thought so.

We had some conversations and seemed productive to say the least.

I can hope.

I guess the truth shall be revealed as GB and REASON move forward.

Something has gotta give for better or worse for either of both of them.

Market forces will see one of them allow preset saving.

And being Reason has.....F'ing REASON....>>NOVATION may want to really start doing some new things to keep the customers from seeing REASON COMPACT pass them off in several months in what took them years.....

tears.......

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I guess its not their business model, but i'd be tempted to actually use @AmpifyxNovation apps if they lifted the restriction on the controllers you can use with them. I mean, Launchpad App would be great if I could integrate it with existing midi kit, and not be forced to by a Novation controller. Why not compete on the merits of the controller rather than locking it all down to proprietary tech?

I don't know.

I makes no sense since you can use their controllers on other apps.

Honestly, the answer may be the REASON app.

IF something is proprietary and PropHead has bought the "full midi" version with the programming contract ...maybe that explains it.

It is not a coincidence of the similarity between the 2.

I am guessing by XMAS the truth and future of each app and customer choices will happen.

IMHO

• I was in the same position months ago and I ended buying mac mini and looking into old standalone hardware like Roland MCs and so.

ATM Blocswave>Ableton export>airdrop>Ableton seems a nice workflow like...
    Garageband iOS>Garageband mac>Logic/Mainstage...

I were out professionalism when I decided ditch the mac to buy the iPad mini4 and now I’m going opposite.
    The sad part of all is novation has lost me as a hardware costumer and I just buy packs when I need them, not for support the dev anymore.
    My next keyboard could have been a launchkey again but I probably will buy an Apc40mk1 and go with hardware synth on stage or generic midi controller and mainstage.

I just don’t care about news on this field anymore.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    As the holidays approach and you launched a new MIDI controller for more than the usual cost of a Novation keyboard.

Should we just chalk up as in the chalk outline of Blocs, Groovebox, and really almost Launchpad app?

I have supported you with every IAP, every week for more years than I want to admit. I have done the default subscription by buying the weekly presets on Groovebox.

But GB is a clusterphuck at this point. I have endless oddly named kits that just don't work in a productive set up or approach.

Unfortunately, the use of your "secret handshake" midi matrix and the inability to respectfully allow users to determine their own midi assignments on your apps. But I even would like to pick my own channels to use my apps on what devices.

And the GB can't find it in it's being to allow automation and midi cc assignments is not turning me on.

And Launchpad, it is so missionary in its approach. No way to automate. Trapped on some old boring channel.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL OR SHOW ME THE REAL PLANS IF ANY FOR YOUR APP LINE UP SO I KNOW TO BUY THE NEW CONTROLLER OR NOT?

IF NOTHING IS COMING WITH THE APPS, MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE SOME THOUGHTS ON ANOTHER DIRECTION WHERE SPENDING THAT MUCH ON A KEYBOARD GETS ME SOME DOPE SOFTWARE. EVEN IF NOT ON IOS.

Luv and kisses.

RUST(i)K

@RUST( i )K said:

Luv and kisses.

RUST(i)K

@RUST( i )K said:

Luv and kisses.

RUST(i)K

• Just give up on them @RUST( i )K I have. I don't know why you expect @AmpifyxNovation to actually even care anymore. All they care about is iap packs being sold. It's been 2+ years since they bothered to even do something for the users benefit.

• Groovebox at this moment looks like a stone, and flexible as a dinosaur bone.

• After KEW I'd say Groovebox is my most used app, works just as well as it did when it was released for coming up with ideas when I'm outside the studio. Not sure why people expect it to be something it's not. 😘

• I think they hold up well enough. Launchpad has great FX and reasonably good on screen controls. The library management is unmatched. I don’t see much of a need to improve anything except Groovebox which I never invested in anyway.

• I think people seem to fail to realise that none of the ampify apps let you move projects between devices. You can't even backup onto a Mac/PC.

• @Tarekith said:
    After KEW I'd say Groovebox is my most used app, works just as well as it did when it was released for coming up with ideas when I'm outside the studio. Not sure why people expect it to be something it's not. 😘

+1

• Most of my music apps don't do that sadly. It'd be nice, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Ampify is alone here.

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I think people seem to fail to realise that none of the ampify apps let you move projects between devices. You can't even backup onto a Mac/PC.

• @Tarekith said:
    After KEW I'd say Groovebox is my most used app, works just as well as it did when it was released for coming up with ideas when I'm outside the studio. Not sure why people expect it to be something it's not. 😘

Are the 'riffs' generated by Groovebox actually random, or is there a limited amount, say like 200 that it justs picks from?

As you use it a lot I'm wondering if you've come across 'duplicate' riffs.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Tarekith said:

Are the 'riffs' generated by Groovebox actually random, or is there a limited amount, say like 200 that it justs picks from?

As you use it a lot I'm wondering if you've come across 'duplicate' riffs.

afaik the patterns are programmed within the packs, and 'random' picks from those patterns.

• I never use GB anymore just Blocswave and Launchpad

• @Tarekith said:
    Most of my music apps don't do that sadly. It'd be nice, don't get me wrong, but it's not like Ampify is alone here.

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I think people seem to fail to realise that none of the ampify apps let you move projects between devices. You can't even backup onto a Mac/PC.

You can export modstep,Bm3 and gadget projects and move them to another device. Audiobus let's you save externally to the cloud and also gr16 let's you export. Bundle that with using auv3 that save with the projects and most of my apps can be moved to another device. So at least in my case the ampify apps are sorely lacking.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

+1 @AmpifyxNovation that's my only last issue I have with Novation apps...Then, I take as they are...Even closed, they're good fun from a certain perspective.
    Since you can sample on time with AUM, there's no sense not to allow backups...
    At least our proper imported samples if you want to make things "harder" for your customers ?
    Or an encrypted backup file that we could move between iPads...
    An IAP to backup ?
    Anything that could allow that...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    I was in the same position months ago and I ended buying mac mini and looking into old standalone hardware like Roland MCs and so.

ATM Blocswave>Ableton export>airdrop>Ableton seems a nice workflow like...
    Garageband iOS>Garageband mac>Logic/Mainstage...

I were out professionalism when I decided ditch the mac to buy the iPad mini4 and now I’m going opposite.
    The sad part of all is novation has lost me as a hardware costumer and I just buy packs when I need them, not for support the dev anymore.
    My next keyboard could have been a launchkey again but I probably will buy an Apc40mk1 and go with hardware synth on stage or generic midi controller and mainstage.

I just don’t care about news on this field anymore.

Yup

You are slightly ahead of me but seemingly on the same road.

Real shame.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Just give up on them @RUST( i )K I have. I don't know why you expect @AmpifyxNovation to actually even care anymore. All they care about is iap packs being sold. It's been 2+ years since they bothered to even do something for the users benefit.

Smack me and call me Suzie

Reality check

check.

Boooooiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg

LOL

• @Tarekith said:

I really expect the basic attributes of midi cc function and parameters like 99% of apps ever released that dealing with making this genre music.

I don't think it is an above average request.

• Damn, something must be wrong with me because I absolutely adore Groovebox, Blocs Wave and launchpad.

• I’m a bit of a Novation fanboy. More specifically since some 10 years ago they’ve sent me a free replacement key for a k - station I bought second hand. Today I’ve just got an email from them offering to send me a replacement for a Scarlett I bought recently, just like that.

I used to own X Station which I absolutely loved and used extensively with my iPad. Then I had Xiosynth. Now it is Circuit and Scarlett 18i8.

I’ve dabbed with some of the software but hardware is what I love about the company. Software just doesn’t click with me but I guess that’s irrelevant since there’s so many other software out there to play with, no hard feelings.

So, I’m sorry mate that it’s rubbing you the wrong way but to be honest all of the software on iOS is leaving me a bit frustrated at the moment, not for the lack of functionality but mostiy for the never ending string of bugs.

We’ve come a long way since AB1, water will flow. It’s all about finding new neural pathways for the once that don’t conduct, that’s all ;)

• edited October 2018

Agreed.

• @supadom said:
    I’m a bit of a Novation fanboy. More specifically since some 10 years ago they’ve sent me a free replacement key for a k - station I bought second hand. Today I’ve just got an email from them offering to send me a replacement for a Scarlett I bought recently, just like that.

I used to own X Station which I absolutely loved and used extensively with my iPad. Then I had Xiosynth. Now it is Circuit and Scarlett 18i8.

I’ve dabbed with some of the software but hardware is what I love about the company. Software just doesn’t click with me but I guess that’s irrelevant since there’s so many other software out there to play with, no hard feelings.

So, I’m sorry mate that it’s rubbing you the wrong way but to be honest all of the software on iOS is leaving me a bit frustrated at the moment, not for the lack of functionality but mostiy for the never ending string of bugs.

We’ve come a long way since AB1, water will flow. It’s all about finding new neural pathways for the once that don’t conduct, that’s all ;)

Bro hardly rubbing me the wrong way.... ;)

Like any reward I want more.

In addiction terms.

One is too many and a thousand is never enough.

I am hardly a hater, I live and buy Novation near exclusively.

If GB could give me real midi I could almost use Novation exclusively on iOS except for like 4 other apps.

I just want

MOHR.

lol

• @robertreynolds said:
    Damn, something must be wrong with me because I absolutely adore Groovebox, Blocs Wave and launchpad.

Didn't say I don't think they terrible.

Just want more capabilities with those apps that I have with all other apps in particular referencing the new near $700 keyboard I would love to get if I new there were some extra point of integration with the apps in the future.

I am an avid user of the apps.

Not really what I was saying as far as the apps were bad.

it was a specific sort of comment through a viewpoint comparing to apps as a whole and with the new controller's potential effect on seeing updates to the apps.