Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Increase forum text size?

Is there a way to increase the font size in this forum? Appears tiny on my iphone

Comments

• Yeah I have to resize the page to see anything :)

• Did you try Setup / General / Accessibility / Larger Text?

• @tja said:
    Did you try Setup / General / Accessibility / Larger Text?

Sorry can’t see that option! Maybe it’s too small :D

• @tja said:

That increases the system font size, but not this forum.

• edited October 2018

There is no way to do it per site in iOS Safari (which is a shame). This site would need to build in custom tools to do it for you. Which is a shame because the browser should be able to do it. Indeed, lots of site used to offer this but once browsers finally did their job, most sites have abandoned it because it's a waste.

Anyway, these bookmarks should work. I haven't tried them but I parsed the code they use an they look legit.

http://www.andadapt.com/howto-change-the-font-size-in-safari-on-the-ipad-and-iphone/

Here's the cleaned up version of the code for review:

javascript: var p = document.getElementsByTagName('*');
        for (i = 0; i < p.length; i++) {
            if (p[i].style.fontSize) {
                var s = parseInt(p[i].style.fontSize.replace("px", ""));
            } else {
                var s = 12;
            }
            s += 2;
            p[i].style.fontSize = s + "px"
        }

Gets all of the elements on the page and if they have a fontSize it bumps it up by 2 points. If it doesn't have a fontSize set, it assumes the size is "12" and bumps that by 2 as well.

The decrease bookmark version is the exact same code but it replaces the s += 2 with s -= 2 in order to make stuff smaller.

• @syrupcore said:
    There is no way to do it per site in iOS Safari (which is a shame). This site would need to build in custom tools to do it for you. Which is a shame because the browser should be able to do it. Indeed, lots of site used to offer this but once browsers finally did their job, most sites have abandoned it because it's a waste.

Anyway, these bookmarks should work. I haven't tried them but I parsed the code they use an they look legit.

http://www.andadapt.com/howto-change-the-font-size-in-safari-on-the-ipad-and-iphone/

} else {
                var s = 12;
            }
            s += 2;
        }

Gets all of the elements on the page and if they have a fontSize it bumps it up by 2 points. If it doesn't have a fontSize set, it assumes the size is "12" and bumps that by 2 as well.

The decrease bookmark version is the exact same code but it replaces the s += 2 with s -= 2 in order to make stuff smaller.

I doubt that’d work on a lot of modern web apps and web sites, as most font sizing is relative after an initial absolute setting for something far up the cascade that everything else inherits from.

Also, that loop runs through absolutely every element, before it figures out whether it has a font size on it. That’s potentially going to slow things down at some point.

• @sdesign said:

@tja said:

That increases the system font size, but not this forum.

This should enlarge any and all fonts in all Apps that support different font sizes.

• You can read this forum on the Tapatalk app, it makes forums more readable on mobile.

• @1nsomniak said:
    You can read this forum on the Tapatalk app, it makes forums more readable on mobile.

Actually, no longer - Tapatalk had some severe security problems, and I removed support for it.

• @Michael said:

@1nsomniak said:
    You can read this forum on the Tapatalk app, it makes forums more readable on mobile.

Actually, no longer - Tapatalk had some severe security problems, and I removed support for it.

Interesting, I quit using it a while ago because I found the web interface preferable anyways.

• @u0421793 said:

@syrupcore said:

} else {
                var s = 12;
            }
            s += 2;
        }

I doubt that’d work on a lot of modern web apps and web sites, as most font sizing is relative after an initial absolute setting for something far up the cascade that everything else inherits from.

Also, that loop runs through absolutely every element, before it figures out whether it has a font size on it. That’s potentially going to slow things down at some point.

Just tried it and it's plenty fast. The DOM on any of these pages isn't very large. The only real issue with it is a real one: it doesn't use a cookie or localStorage so you have to apply the bookmark to every page load, one or more times depending on your size needs.

• I have to say that I'm perfectly fine with the way the fonts are now, on iPhone 5, iPad Mini and iPad. The design works well on iPhone, and the small fonts let me get a quick overview of threads faster.
    Zooming in is not blocked here by design so anyone can use that gesture to ease reading if necessary.

• It’s fine on my iPad, just on iPhone it’s a bit small. @Michael could you not add a media query to the sites css that targets the iPhone screen size to increase the font?

• It seems that the text size setting on the iPhone doesn’t increase the font on this website, but if you change the zoom setting on your phone it does!

• edited October 2018

I found an iOS browser that lets you increase text size on a per site basis and it remembers all of your different preferences. Its a really good browser all round, really customisable. Way better than Safari. Now I can read this forum on my iPhone XS again. Yay!

It’s called “iCab Mobile”

• @sdesign said:
    I found an iOS browser that lets you increase text size on a per site basis and it remembers all of your different preferences. Its a really good browser all round, really customisable. Way better than Safari. Now I can read this forum on my iPhone XS again. Yay!

It’s called “iCab Mobile”

Nice find!