Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone know of a good Auv3 pitch shifter

Without too much added artifacts
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Try virsyn’s Bandshift and audio damage’s Quatromod (freqshift option)

• Discord 4 might be worth a look, based on the old eventide pitch shifters, but has two other modes too.

• TC-Helicon Voice Rack FX, I like it a lot :)

• edited October 2018

Although it’s only IAA instead of full AU, ELASTICFX loads and works well in Aum. Having fun with the 4 simultaneous fx. XY pads rule! Want them on everything. XYZ pads even better. ElasticFX does both pitch and frequency shifting. (Maybe some wise soul can explain the difference). It’s on sale ATM for $5.99.

https://iosnoops.com/ipad-deals/music/

• Voice rack FX and Voice Synth.

• Discord 4 is one of the better Audiodamage creations.
    Quatromod is a basic spectral frequency shifter with the typical RingMod-like artifacts, not a pitch shifter in the classic sense.
    Cubasis, BM3 and Garageband have fairly usable pitch shifters included too!

• FYI
    TC helicon Voice Rack has issues of late. At least in Audiobus. I get latency weirdness on random channels as long as VRFX is plugged in.

TC helicon devs have admitted to me directly that the current AU implementation is incorrect but they'll fix it in the next few months.

• edited October 2018

@supadom said:
    FYI
    TC helicon Voice Rack has issues of late. At least in Audiobus. I get latency weirdness on random channels as long as VRFX is plugged in.

TC helicon devs have admitted to me directly that the current AU implementation is incorrect but they'll fix it in the next few months.

There is an issue since iOS 12 in GarageBand with VoiceRack FX knobs disappearing. It’s fixable and they work on this, but I think it will take some time. You should contact @Michael about your issue. But this AU works beautifully, algos are really special.

I used it on those tracks with my tenor sax:

• @Janosax said:

@supadom said:
    FYI

There is an issue since iOS 12 in GarageBand with VoiceRack FX knobs disappearing. It’s fixable and they work on this, but I think it will take some time. You should contact @Michael about your issue. But this AU works beautifully, algos are really special.

I used it on those tracks with my tenor sax:

I did. Since I replaced VoiceRack with ToneStack there’s no latency trouble. You and I should swap notes/presets in private as seems that we’re using iOS stuff in a similar way ;)

• @stormbeats said:
    Without too much added artifacts
    Thanks in advance

Virsyn or you can use the Apple pitch shift AU on available apps or Ableton.

• One issue however with apple AU pitch shift is with live playing, too much latency.

• edited October 2018

Ok cheers everyone
    @Janosax if possible can you insert a link to the app I searched appstore but cannot find it

• @rs2000 said:
    Discord 4 is one of the better Audiodamage creations.
    Quatromod is a basic spectral frequency shifter with the typical RingMod-like artifacts, not a pitch shifter in the classic sense.
    Cubasis, BM3 and Garageband have fairly usable pitch shifters included too

Bm3 pitch shift? Internal plugin? I looked at the plugin list couldnt find pitch shift

• @mister_rz said:
    Discord 4 might be worth a look, based on the old eventide pitch shifters, but has two other modes too.

Cool I tried this but it does not retain original sound too well

• @stormbeats said:

Ok cheers everyone
    @Janosax if possible can you insert a link to the app I searched appstore but cannot find it

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/voice-rack-fx-vocal-effects-processor/id950058913?mt=8>;

• @stormbeats said:

@rs2000 said:

Bm3 pitch shift? Internal plugin? I looked at the plugin list couldnt find pitch shift

A realtime effect in BM3 would be great but right now it is only a feature in the sampler.

• @AudioGus said:

@stormbeats said:

@rs2000 said:

A realtime effect in BM3 would be great but right now it is only a feature in the sampler.

When I'm using BM3, all audio goes into the sampler anyway because more often than not, I'll want to slice the recorded audio sooner or later :)

• @Janosax said:
    @stormbeats said:

Ok cheers everyone

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/voice-rack-fx-vocal-effects-processor/id950058913?mt=8>;

Cheers

• I seldom use audio tracks in BM3 so loading the sound to a pad and enabling stretch and adjusting the tuning makes it very easy to transpose/tune just about any sound without messing up the speed.
    Cubasis can also tune audio after recording.(Both Cubasis & BM3 use Elastique to do their 'magic').

If real-time tuning of vocals is needed Virsyn's Harmony Eight and TC Helicon's Vocal Rack FX do a pretty decent job and both can be automated.

Unfortunately Garage Band's 'Vocal Transformer' is locked into GarageBand but it's pretty good at transposing/tuning vocals in real-time.

• @Samu said:
    I seldom use audio tracks in BM3 so loading the sound to a pad and enabling stretch and adjusting the tuning makes it very easy to transpose/tune just about any sound without messing up the speed.
    Cubasis can also tune audio after recording.(Both Cubasis & BM3 use Elastique to do their 'magic').

If real-time tuning of vocals is needed Virsyn's Harmony Eight and TC Helicon's Vocal Rack FX do a pretty decent job and both can be automated.

Unfortunately Garage Band's 'Vocal Transformer' is locked into GarageBand but it's pretty good at transposing/tuning vocals in real-time.

Ok cheers for info