Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shoom update with Link, AB midi

Very nice Shoom update.
From the description I was hoping for midi notes in, but looks like it’s still Cc only. Great to see it updated though, love this synth :)

Comments

• Joy! Still gets regular use from me, Whoot! :)

• And says midi notes in coming at some point on the website too :)

• @Carnbot said:
    And says midi notes in coming at some point on the website too :)

sweeeet thanks for the heads up , can't wait for those midi notes either

• I’ve watched Jacob Haq’s Video twice now on Shoom, and though it sounds marvelous I’m struggling to understand how you’d play anything other than non-accurate randomness. Anyone?

• I’m not understanding how it’s now AB midi, midi cc in only?

• @kinkujin said:
    I’ve watched Jacob Haq’s Video twice now on Shoom, and though it sounds marvelous I’m struggling to understand how you’d play anything other than non-accurate randomness. Anyone?

You can certainly play it. He just leaned heavily on the bleepy bloops in the video.

• Non-accurate randomness is my default, and pretty much my only, musical mode.

• @kinkujin said:
    I’ve watched Jacob Haq’s Video twice now on Shoom, and though it sounds marvelous I’m struggling to understand how you’d play anything other than non-accurate randomness. Anyone?

I’ve not seen the video you refer to, but if you slide your finger along the grey bar at the bottom of the screen in Shoom, you can zoom in on the notes. Pick a melodic patch and it’s fairly easy to play specific notes, chords etc. Maybe that helps?

• In the comments Tom talks about presets from the audiobus community... are these still there? Looks like this app is a cool addition to my ambient/drones folder :smiley:

• @david_2017 said:

In the comments Tom talks about presets from the audiobus community... are these still there? Looks like this app is a cool addition to my ambient/drones folder :smiley:

I still have all the 75 presets I did!

• Still one of my favourite apps

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:

In the comments Tom talks about presets from the audiobus community... are these still there? Looks like this app is a cool addition to my ambient/drones folder :smiley:

Cool! Are you willing to share these? I saw Toms review and I thought awesome, but it I know myself... I am too whack to do presets like these on my own :(

• @david_2017 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:

Cool! Are you willing to share these? I saw Toms review and I thought awesome, but it I know myself... I am too whack to do presets like these on my own :(

Yes will post them later :)

• There are some Synth Anatomy presets knocking around somewhere on the web as well, if you do a search...

• @Carnbot
    How does AB midi work here?

• Nice to know it has been updated, had my eye on this one for ages.

• Here's a link to some Audiobus forum presets. Not sure if it's all of them but it's what I have in the bank:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs4gj8gsxaztwlr/Audiobus Forum.shoombank?dl=0

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @Carnbot

Just for controlling the synth parameters and effects for now I think.

• I kind of wish state saving and sessions saved your held finger positions as well. Currently they don't.

• Has dev given any approximation for full midi implemetation?

• That’s for all the presets links

• edited October 2018

@Carnbot said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @Carnbot

Just for controlling the synth parameters and effects for now I think.

hmm, yeah I'm not sure it's working for that either, can't get it to work on my initial try.

edit: no it's working fine, I had wrong synth input loaded.

• I want to get this, but without being able to use it with Xynthesizr (driving it) I can't see the point now. How are you all using it?

• I think the main point of the app is the innovative playing interface

• @kinkujin said:
    I want to get this, but without being able to use it with Xynthesizr (driving it) I can't see the point now. How are you all using it?

Yes for live performance playing it's great, drones etc but you can play it like a keyboard as well. Midi notes in will be the icing on the cake. You can hold notes and move around on the surface.

• I just record what I play and make samples for BM3

• Thanks fellas. I'll watch this one. Xynthesizr is my all time favorite app. In fact, maybe given that I should support the dev and just get it and wait for further developments.