Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need help doing jams

Here is an an example of a simple jam on Synth One:

What I don’t get on these is how they switch between presets, and the previous presets still seem to be playing. I’ve seen a lot of these done , but am def missing something as I can’t seem to do this...😳

Comments

• My guess is that it isn’t live at all, but it could be if there was a looping app of sorts used. You can only play one sound at a time with Synth One. The guy who made it is on here somewhere, but I forget his username. @RedSkyLullaby there is it. Maybe he can clear it up how it was done for you.

• It says in the youtube info..... " recorded and mixed in auria pro"

• Ah - missed the Auria footnote. 🤪

• So tell me what you would like to do.

Regardless of the vid.

What would you like to attain or perform and the method you have in your head to do it?

What right now gets you stuck when you want to jam ?

Maybe I can help

I have been known to jam myself on occasions

3-4’hours per day.

7 days a week

😉

• @DMan said:
    My guess is that it isn’t live at all, but it could be if there was a looping app of sorts used.

This is still a good idea for investigation. You could do something like this with a MIDI controller triggering Loopy (or similar) in the background. Of course, it probably wouldn't be as clean as the video since we're all human and RSL is obviously a cyborg. :)

• @DMan said:
    My guess is that it isn’t live at all, but it could be if there was a looping app of sorts used. You can only play one sound at a time with Synth One. The guy who made it is on here somewhere, but I forget his username. @RedSkyLullaby there is it. Maybe he can clear it up how it was done for you.

All my App Jam videos are not live but just me jamming and recording the audio one layer at a time in to Auria. They are usually played in “live” as opposed to sequences and loops though I use some Arps for sure and also jam by recording knob tweaks as recording.
    I do a bit of post production in Auria to get a better mix with a bit of EQ compression and some other effects.
    I video each layer as I record and then edit all that back together in LumaFusion with the final track (Giant pita to sync all the video clips so they fit, that takes longer than recording the track)

So basically these Jams are more proof of concept stuff re what you can do with an iPad rather than what you can do “live” with an iPad. With Loopy HD you can probably get close though

• Am finishing off another AppJam at moment with Reason Compact, Figure and Thor

• I would like to do soundscapes similar to those by Red Sky
    Lullaby! 😁

Just found his site - really some WOW stuff there! I’ve a,ways been fascinated by fractals, and he makes superb use of them with his ‘scapes. Don’t know if I’m ready to tackle Mandelbulb... but I did get a copy!

I’ll keep watching....BTW - how do you record Synth One - it appears to have no record function...

@RUST( i )K said:
    So tell me what you would like to do.

Regardless of the vid.

What would you like to attain or perform and the method you have in your head to do it?

What right now gets you stuck when you want to jam ?

Maybe I can help

I have been known to jam myself on occasions

3-4’hours per day.

7 days a week

😉