Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

audiolayer instrument libraries

Not sure if it’s already been started, but do we want to start a instrument libraries for audiolayer. Everybody could post them here and share links
Also, what kind of file type libraries will audiolayer take?

Comments

• AudioLayer has an internal instrument format with a *.instrument definition file and a folder with all the required samples.

It can take an EXS standard file (that has a similar structure) and import it into the AL format.

Expect this t change with the next update based upon comments from VirSyn but they can turn left and just give us more instruments with the update and maybe some tested IAP's sound sets.

• ok very so any library with a .exs format should work? thanks> @McDtracy said:

AudioLayer has an internal instrument format with a *.instrument definition file and a folder with all the required samples.

It can take an EXS standard file (that has a similar structure) and import it into the AL format.

Expect this t change with the next update based upon comments from VirSyn but they can turn left and just give us more instruments with the update and maybe some tested IAP's sound sets.

• I'm not sure EXS can be packaged as a Library like SF2 which can typically be imported into a Standard Midi File player with 127 instruments (with XG = Yamaha and GS = Roland variants).

I think EXS is a single instrument. VirSyn advise use to use Mainstage on a Mac (which got an update today along with Logic Pro) and select a great EXS24 sampled instrument and export it in the EXS format and import it into AudioLayer. EXS24 can import the larger SF2 libraries like the great Salamander Yamaha C5 piano to be found at SoundFonts4U.

All the Mainstage sampled EXS instruments (like Strings+) can be imported into AudioLayer in this fashion. Once imported there may be some additional work to drop layers that might not help make the instrument sound great. I think EXS24 controls a lot of layers using CC's to select particular articulations and when imported into AL they just get overlayed and make an instrument with vibrato, marcato, etc all overlayed.

It's always something. Good luck finding and importing great sampled instruments. When you get one that works... share!

I got derailed by the local vs icloud storage decision. Local is the only one that allows a large instrument to load in a reasonably short amount of time but great samples are large. Go figure.