Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VirSyn Autumn Sale Until Mon Oct. 1st

edited September 2018 in General App Discussion

A bunch of VirSyn apps just went on sale! Thank you for your collective knowledge and inspiration!

What are your favorite VirSyn apps?

Comments

• edited September 2018

I think I'll grab Harmony Eight...
    @thesoundtestroom made an amazing video of it and I'm feeling a bit crazy :D

Dang it, as an 'app-o-holic' I already had Harmony Eight installed on mi iPad, what a nice surprise :D

• @Samu do you also have Arpeggist? Or have you forgotten about that one too? hehe

• @kinkujin said:
    @Samu do you also have Arpeggist? Or have you forgotten about that one too? hehe

I have that one too, just wish it was AUv3 though :)
    @Virsyn any hope of getting an AUv3 update for Arpeggist?

I actually like the Virsyn Arpeggiator and in apps like ReSlice it's very handy for 'sequencing' the slices.
    It is a bit tricky to control both slice-triggering and their individual pitches though.

As for Harmony Eight, it's totally wicked. I triggered one single choir note and with enough tweaking of the regen and loop values the 'ambiance' can last a very long time and keep on 'animating', crazy...

• How's that emo chorus

• Ah great. I just bought ReSlice at full price and I don’t even bloody like it!

I guess I consider it a payment to a collective iOS development pool.

• @reasOne said:
    How's that emo chorus

For more natural/subtle chorus I find that FAC Chorus is my go to. For swimmy FXy automating doppler/weirdness EmoChorus seems way cooler and can produce more intense swooshy results. Seems to work better for this than most Chorus FX I have found. A shame one of the key AU params is not hooked up in BM3 yet but I imagine it is fine in Cubasis.

• @reasOne said:
    How's that emo chorus

It's crazy in a strange way :)
    (I tried the screen recording in iOS12 and it seems to do 'stereo' now but it's quite 'hot' audio-level).
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hlj4f70s2hmmfl/emo_chorus.mp4?dl=0

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:
    @Samu do you also have Arpeggist? Or have you forgotten about that one too? hehe

I actually like the Virsyn Arpeggiator and in apps like ReSlice it's very handy for 'sequencing' the slices.
    It is a bit tricky to control both slice-triggering and their individual pitches though.

As for Harmony Eight, it's totally wicked. I triggered one single choir note and with enough tweaking of the regen and loop values the 'ambiance' can last a very long time and keep on 'animating', crazy...

I got a refund for Harmony Eight, as it sounded shite when it was released. They said they fixed the sound issues in an update since, so I’m tempted to get it again after watching Doug’s vid.

• @Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

Interesting that you say that - I found Harmony 8 unusable, and that's rare for me. Usually I can get SOME use out of an app, and I bought it knowing that others didn't get in with it.

I like the IDEA of Harmony 8 very much, but I find it pitchy and also VERY quiet. I have a hard time getting anything useful out of it. It's a rare app that I bought and subsequently deleted....

Got any cool tips to share? Should I give it a fourth/fifth try?

Hmm...

• edited September 2018

Decided to pick up some needed effects. Got the audio fx bundle. I love a bargain and was sorely tempted to finally grab Poseidon.

• @Daveypoo said:

I like the IDEA of Harmony 8 very much, but I find it pitchy and also VERY quiet. I have a hard time getting anything useful out of it. It's a rare app that I bought and subsequently deleted....

Hmm...

Try this...

...and play a few notes (enough with a short saw note) and it will instantly create 'a wall of sound' that keeps on moving and keep feeding it with new notes every now and then.

• Perfect timing! I bought several. Thanks for the tip on the sale!

• @Daveypoo said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

Interesting that you say that - I found Harmony 8 unusable, and that's rare for me. Usually I can get SOME use out of an app, and I bought it knowing that others didn't get in with it.

Hmm...

Have you tried the latest version Dave? Be interested to hear how it compares with the initial release, which was unusable for me.

• @AudioGus said:

@reasOne said:
    How's that emo chorus

For more natural/subtle chorus I find that FAC Chorus is my go to. For swimmy FXy automating doppler/weirdness EmoChorus seems way cooler and can produce more intense swooshy results. Seems to work better for this than most Chorus FX I have found. A shame one of the key AU params is not hooked up in BM3 yet but I imagine it is fine in Cubasis.

Ah that makes sense, I deff love fac , I dig the more subtle chorus effects... Those super swimmy ones can come in handy but rarely for me

@Samu said:

@reasOne said:
    How's that emo chorus

It's crazy in a strange way :)
    (I tried the screen recording in iOS12 and it seems to do 'stereo' now but it's quite 'hot' audio-level).
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hlj4f70s2hmmfl/emo_chorus.mp4?dl=0

That sounded pretty awesome tho! Heavy

• Audiolayer still broken in ios 12. Buyer beware.

• Tempted by Voxsyn, AudioEffx, Harmony Eight and maybe Bark filter and bandshift

• I'm only missing a few of the Virsyn apps but I feel no real need to get the remaining ones..
    AudioReverb, HarmonyVoice(For me 'replaced' by Harmony Eight) and Addictive microSynth(Already got Addictive Pro).

As for VoxSyn the 'synth' in that has the same presets as Tera but is more 'voice controlled'(never got it to work properly). Removed iVoxel from my iPad some time ago as I found no practical use for it.

AudioEffx is one I always use when I need a 'bread'n'butter' effects unit.

• @supadom said:
    Ah great. I just bought ReSlice at full price and I don’t even bloody like it!

Don’t give up on it just yet, I can imagine this really great in your kind of setups (most of the presets have some kind of Arpeggio already running, though. You’ll have to switch that off to get nice reactions to incoming midinotes..., imho)

• I like harmony voice a lot. U have to really tweak it but i think it totally cops the bon iver vibe, which is why i wanted it

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@kinkujin said:

I got a refund for Harmony Eight, as it sounded shite when it was released. They said they fixed the sound issues in an update since, so I’m tempted to get it again after watching Doug’s vid.

Here's a link to Doug's video for those who may not have seen it. I assume this is the video you were referring to.

• Voxsyn I believe is the more recent Harmonizr. I have and it works very well. Seems to me better than Harmony 8, which I don’t have.

• Addictive pro is a great thing,! It only lacks full screen Au.

@VirSyn please consider adding this feature to Addictive Pro.

• I picked up Harmony 8 :smile:

• I have Addictive Pro and Micro Tera. I’ve had Tera Synth on my wish list for a while but does it give me anything significantly different than what I already have?

• I often use Tap Delay as a warbly tape emulator, but of course it also sounds great just as a tape echo. And AUV3 as well!

• I have to agree with others that FAC Chorus is usually better for traditional and "natural" chorus, but VirSyn Emo is excellent for psychedelic, shoegaze, dreampop effects.

• @Samu said:
    I think I'll grab Harmony Eight...
    @thesoundtestroom made an amazing video of it and I'm feeling a bit crazy :D

Dang it, as an 'app-o-holic' I already had Harmony Eight installed on mi iPad, what a nice surprise :D

UMMA GUMMA :smile:

Harmony Eight was an instant buy after watching the video

• FYI microTERA is not a lite version of Tera Synth. It’s a completely different synth. Confusing name.

• @0__O__3 said:
    FYI microTERA is not a lite version of Tera Synth. It’s a completely different synth. Confusing name.

Yeah, it's. microTERA is an wave-shaping/distortion synth. Don't recall it being AUv3 yet but It does have it's own sound which I like.

• edited September 2018

@supadom said:
    Ah great. I just bought ReSlice at full price and I don’t even bloody like it!

If it was for future refinement and feature addons then yes, why not.
    But that hasn't really been the case for Virsyn apps.
    Bug fixes: Yes.
    New features and satisfying at least the most common user requests: Very unlikely.
    So to me it looks like a "take it as-is or leave it" purchase approach.