Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget 4 Feature Requests

Just doing a little survey here. I know the old threads exist but this is an updated thread for the upcoming Gadget 4 release.

Here are my main 5

1. Looping multiple scenes
  2. Exporting individual or combined scenes e.g. Using a select tool highlight a song portion to be rendered out % track.
  3. Audio sampling in. Korg if your reading this feel free to make us a new audio gadget or just upgrade Zurich to record and trim audio via Audiobus. By the way the audio search is still missing in Zurich which is really bad considering all the other audio gadgets have proper search functionality.
  4. Subfolders
  5. An expanded file manager in the same vein as Electribe. Take the transport bar off the bottom and put it on top and have that cool drop down thing. It’s amazing. Please Korg don’t leave us stranded.

Thoughts?

Comments

• +++++ on all of them :)

Number 6 would be to be able to use all the factory samples with all the included Gadgets, like being able to use Amsterdam & Receife samples with Vancouver for starters and also being able to use 'user samples' with all the sample-based Gadgets (London, Amsterdam, Receife etc. etc.).

Technically the 'samples' are already there inside the app bundle, they just need 'path buttons' in the sample-selector to make them accessible.

Think 'Gadget Name' as 'path button(s)' in addition to 'User' (ie. Factory, 'Gadget Name(s), User & Import).

Gadget already 'kinda' supports Folders but the UI needs 'folders' for regular browsing.
    For example in Bilbao the 'kits' are in separate folders(kit-name)and when browsing them we get 'kit-name/sample'.

Also being able to 'rename' the exported files could be handy. Sure this can be done using Files.app but also being able to 'dub/name' the file when doing an export it would speed up the flow especially when using Gadget to create samples & loops.

Number 7 in my list would be a hybrid sampler/synth based on the iWaveStation / iM1 with support for user-samples and basic re-sampling/sampling with trim, normalise, fade in/out and basic key-mapping to create what Korg loves to call 'Multi Sounds' :)

Re-Sampling could a simple 'select track(s)/scene(s)' and boom, one click re-sampling into the editor where it could then be trimmed, normalised etc. etc.

Number 8 Linear Mode for the sequencer in addition to the scene mode with improved editing tools (like line-draw for automation and better selection tools and 'process options' for the selection for velocity ramps etc. etc.).

Number 9 Step Recording ala Volca Bass etc. etc.

Number 10 Kaos Pads and Improved onscreen keyboard with vertical velocity support like the Madrid Gadget.
    (Take a look at iMS-20, iPolySix, iMono/Poly, Odyssei, iM1, iWaveStation and add Y-Axis velocity for more dynamic onscreen playing).

That's my initial take on it :)

• edited September 2018

There's an upcoming Gadget 4 release?

• Tempo changes
    • More and better effects (AUv3 effect support would be the cherry, but not holding out hope)
    • Allow hosts to use more than one session of Gadget
    • Routing to internal Bus (or more than one) with additional/separate effects
    • Basic usability improvements, of which there are many
    • Many more things....

I, personally, don't really use samples, so file improvements are way at the bottom in priority. Again, that's just me.

• @vitocorleone123 said:

• Tempo changes
    • More and better effects (AUv3 effect support would be the cherry, but not holding out hope)
    • Many more things....

I, personally, don't really use samples, so file improvements are way at the bottom in priority. Again, that's just me.

Good list. From that I would pick:

1. Tempo changes
    2. AUv3 effects hosting. Allows Korg to concentrate on their gadgets while third parties can supply excellent effects.

And would add:

• better MIDI editing and manipulation.
    • A chord track to transpose all the sequences for quicker song writing.
    • Performance. Keep my iPad/iPhone running Gadget for longer.
  • schsch
    edited September 2018

In no particular order of importance:

1. Ability to name tracks properly.
    2. Some type of bussing capability.
    3. Transport bar visible when the current gadget is full screen.
    4. Linear sequencing option.
    5. Easy patch sharing in/out of individual gadgets.
    6. Tempo track.
    7. More comprehensive timing options.
    8. Loop markers within the piano roll that you can actually grab and move!

... and so on...

• @Jocphone said:

@vitocorleone123 said:

• Tempo changes
    • Many more things....

Good list. From that I would pick:

1. Tempo changes
    2. AUv3 effects hosting. Allows Korg to concentrate on their gadgets while third parties can supply excellent effects.

And would add:

• better MIDI editing and manipulation.
    • A chord track to transpose all the sequences for quicker song writing.
    • Performance. Keep my iPad/iPhone running Gadget for longer.

Performance could be improved by disabling all animations. Just like IOS has a reduce motion in settings option, a simple cut or short fade would cut down wasted time and graphics rendering when moving around.

• Individual Gadget outputs maybe would be cool.

• edited September 2018

@sch said:
    8. Loop markers within the piano roll that you can actually grab and move!

Yes those need to be expanded and the linking menu needs to be removed.

• edited September 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Just doing a little survey here. I know the old threads exist but this is an updated thread for the upcoming Gadget
    2. Exporting individual or combined scenes e.g. Using a select tool highlight a song portion to be rendered out % track.
    Thoughts?

not only exporting but copying between projects - it would definitely help me :)

maybe @davis_korgrd could tell us about future plans?

• @MAtrixplan said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Just doing a little survey here. I know the old threads exist but this is an updated thread for the upcoming Gadget
    Thoughts?

not only exporting but copying between projects - it would definitely help me :)

How about keeping 2 or more 'projects' open at the same time and 'switch' between them?
    (ie. keep a project open or sample/loop creation and another project to arrange the created material).

• Gadget 4????

• Maybe an arrangement screen where you can re-sequence your scenes and tracks. You could drag or c/p any scene-track block separately into a new arrangement.

• Bring back the fuckin erase button!

• @db909 said:
    Bring back the fuckin erase button!

Or add a new one to the transport bar

• I'm all for all the power of positive thinking, but this kind of thread has the weight the high-school senior running for student government on a platform of getting better food in the school cafeteria.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:

Or add a new one to the transport bar

Even better!

• @Samu said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Thoughts?

How about keeping 2 or more 'projects' open at the same time and 'switch' between them?
    (ie. keep a project open or sample/loop creation and another project to arrange the created material).

That’s a bit of a reach IMO.

Making it easier to export particular scenes and drop them into an audio gadget that isn’t Zurich, or an external app like Cubasis or whatever would do the trick for me.

Alternative 2: pattern banks in the same vein as Caustic, 4 banks 16 patterns... damn I’m starting to miss that app again.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm all for all the power of positive thinking, but this kind of thread has the weight the high-school senior running for student government on a platform of getting better food in the school cafeteria.

With the slogan Make Gadget Great Again!

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:
    +++++ on all of them :)

Number 6 would be to be able to use all the factory samples with all the included Gadgets, like being able to use Amsterdam & Receife samples with Vancouver for starters and also being able to use 'user samples' with all the sample-based Gadgets (London, Amsterdam, Receife etc. etc.).

Technically the 'samples' are already there inside the app bundle, they just need 'path buttons' in the sample-selector to make them accessible.

Think 'Gadget Name' as 'path button(s)' in addition to 'User' (ie. Factory, 'Gadget Name(s), User & Import).

Gadget already 'kinda' supports Folders but the UI needs 'folders' for regular browsing.
    For example in Bilbao the 'kits' are in separate folders(kit-name)and when browsing them we get 'kit-name/sample'.

Also being able to 'rename' the exported files could be handy. Sure this can be done using Files.app but also being able to 'dub/name' the file when doing an export it would speed up the flow especially when using Gadget to create samples & loops.

Number 7 in my list would be a hybrid sampler/synth based on the iWaveStation / iM1 with support for user-samples and basic re-sampling/sampling with trim, normalise, fade in/out and basic key-mapping to create what Korg loves to call 'Multi Sounds' :)

Re-Sampling could a simple 'select track(s)/scene(s)' and boom, one click re-sampling into the editor where it could then be trimmed, normalised etc. etc.

Number 8 Linear Mode for the sequencer in addition to the scene mode with improved editing tools (like line-draw for automation and better selection tools and 'process options' for the selection for velocity ramps etc. etc.).

Number 9 Step Recording ala Volca Bass etc. etc.

Number 10 Kaos Pads and Improved onscreen keyboard with vertical velocity support like the Madrid Gadget.
    (Take a look at iMS-20, iPolySix, iMono/Poly, Odyssei, iM1, iWaveStation and add Y-Axis velocity for more dynamic onscreen playing).

That's my initial take on it :)

Indeed M1 needs more love. It’s the only gadget that can’t modify and save presets :(

Yes Kaoss Pads.

• Is there any confirmation that an upcoming Gadget version 4 is even coming soon?

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm all for all the power of positive thinking, but this kind of thread has the weight the high-school senior running for student government on a platform of getting better food in the school cafeteria.

With the slogan Make Gadget Great Again!

Chill up my spine...

• @db909 said:
    Is there any confirmation that an upcoming Gadget version 4 is even coming soon?

Nope!

• @db909 said:

Amen!!!

• edited September 2018
    1. Touch up the auto name feature so it can do some new names, I get name repeats more often than I should.
    2. A guitar/strum gadget we don’t have this at all...
    3. A theramin mode that uses the camera...with pitch/scale mode?
    4. A simple sample editor
    5. A complete file system with subfolders
    6. A wavetable gadget
    7. An improved drum synthesis module
    8. A granular sampler
    9. An audio unit fx gadget
    10. An audio unit instrument gadget
    11. Fix the the ugly new compressor so that it doesn’t cover tracks 1 and 2
    12. More global reverb models...it’s played already
    13. linear sequence mode! So that can do vocals on it...Korg assumes everything starts on the 1...not really tho.
    14. Chord pads on Lisbon that make sense or programmable
    15. M1/Darwin is powerful...but yet weak on gadget as far as parameters
    16. Add some more ifx...maybe from Rosario...this would be huge to me, and some groove slicers etc
    17. As above but add a Kaos pad mode.
    18. Battery optimization
    19. A much better way to record with the device full screen by adding the transport to that screen! <-please
    20. An FM gadget with 4-6 operators
    21. A simple sample editor
    22. More sfx packs for amsterdam
    23. How about groove template style swing
    24. How about some cool midi Efx

Any of the above stuff will work for me.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:
    Is there any confirmation that an upcoming Gadget version 4 is even coming soon?

Nope!

In the other thread for files they said they are working in a big release. They didn’t go no further that’s why they arnt going to fix the folder issue now.

• Oh and finally negotiate a deal with propellerheads to just bring more of their rack to gadget. Propellerheads seem lost regarding the mobile platform...and this last Reason gadget fit wonderfully...

• Folders with file access ala BM3.

Beyond that for me Gadget will just do/be whatever it does/be. There is no point in me trying to come up with ideas within the walled business model as that is the biggest constraint/necessary evil of the whole thing and there is no point in expressing ideas for things that don't fit within it.

• Better audio track editing, comping, and management.

• A 'Karma' Gadget could be quite handy for auto-comping :)
    And well, the 'chord memory' feature from Electribe Wave would be good to have in Gadget too...

• Read a lot of cool request.
    My nr 1 request is (unfortunately) still cpu/battery optimization.