Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WoodnGate - AUv3 Audio Gate - Demo for the iPad

Here is a demo for the new WoodnGate AUv3 Audio Gate, this was made by the same dev who brought us the Woodpressor AUv3 Compressor

You can get WoodnGate here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/woodngate/id1436196516?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• the channel linked sidechain works great in Cubasis.. and the Bandpass filter means you can really fine tune the triggering to a snare even from a full drum loop..
    PLUS there is 16 seperate channels you can use, so up to 16 trigger tracks gating 16 seperate audio tracks!!
    many thanks @woodman for putting this out... and thanks Doug for the heads up/video.
    very happy with this.

• I am sure that those both morning Woods apps (gate and Compressor) are deep and powerful but i definitively need tutorials to understand side chaining and the others options .Has the dev a website or a YouTube Channel ?

• Cheers Doug and @woodman very very impressed with this At last a noise gate with a minimum 0.0 Attack
    Purchasing now

• @grego68 said:
    I am sure that those both morning Woods apps (gate and Compressor) are deep and powerful but i definitively need tutorials to understand side chaining and the others options .Has the dev a website or a YouTube Channel ?

There’s a good manual for Woodpressor: http://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodpressor/WoodpressorHelp.pdf

I’m sure one will come for Woodngate. This developer is a class act!

• hi all,
    tnx for the compliments and for your interest in my plugin.
    There is indeed a manual : https://www.woodmansimmaculatemaplesyrupstudio.be/woodngate/WoodnGateHelp.pdf
    (or press the "?" in the plugin)
    When I find some more time, I will add some use cases to the manual but on the other hand I am sure that you, creative musicians, will be much better in describing or making movies how to use the WoodnGate !
    best rgds,
    Woodman
    developer WoodnGate (and Woodpressor)

• Definitely on my to get list :)

• This Plugins name sounds like Doug has been hangin out with Presidents of the USA.

• He's hanging out with the Presidents?

I LOVE that band! Seriously - I do.....

• @Daveypoo said:
    He's hanging out with the Presidents?

Me too. Very few people seem to 'get it' when I tell them, so I guess you either get it or you don't but II is an all-time favorite album of mine. It's a stone cold classic. I'm instantly getting chills at the thought of that intro.

'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen...'

• I can’t seem to get the sidechain function to work. I read the manual, but I’m missing something. Any setup suggestions?

• @oat_phipps said:

@Daveypoo said:
    He's hanging out with the Presidents?

Me too. Very few people seem to 'get it' when I tell them, so I guess you either get it or you don't but II is an all-time favorite album of mine. It's a stone cold classic. I'm instantly getting chills at the thought of that intro.

'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen...'

Yup. Saw them live a few years back and they were stellar. The last few albums were shockingly good as well. I like that they do what they do and are unapologetic about it. My kids are into Chris Ballew (the bald one) - he has kids act called Caspar Babypants that's essentially the same style of music just without the distortion and without the irony.

• @ALB : which DAW are you using ?
    a few things to check :

• both channels in Send and Receive WoodnGate are the same ?
    • do you see the Led (besides the Mode) on in both Send and Receive ?
    • if you switch on the BPFilter and the Listen button on the receiving WoodnGate, do you hear the side chain audio ?

best rgds,
    Woodman

• ALBALB
    edited September 2018

@>; @woodman said:

@ALB : which DAW are you using ?
    a few things to check :

• both channels in Send and Receive WoodnGate are the same ?
    • do you see the Led (besides the Mode) on in both Send and Receive ?
    • if you switch on the BPFilter and the Listen button on the receiving WoodnGate, do you hear the side chain audio ?

best rgds,
    Woodman

Thanks for responding. I am using AUM.
    Yes, I see the Led in both send and receive instances and I have both channels set to 1. I do not hear the sidechain.
    I am sure this is user error- could you post screenshots if possible?

• @ALB,
    I'll first check it tonight (bugs are always possible) and make some screenshots.
    1 more question : are your Open and Close mode set the same ? (and if so is the Close side chain channel also set to 1 ?)
    Woodman

• @woodman said:
    @ALB,
    I'll first check it tonight (bugs are always possible) and make some screenshots.
    1 more question : are your Open and Close mode set the same ? (and if so is the Close side chain channel also set to 1 ?)
    Woodman

Yes, open and close modes are set to 1.

Thanks for the quick response. Really enjoying this app as well as as Woodpressor.

• @ALB
    I think you found a problem, I am investigating further and will fix it asap. Expect a fix/update somewhere next week.
    (btw can you check if the Led on the receiving WoodnGate has the color Red ?)
    tnx !
    Woodman

• @woodman
    Usually the fault is my own - perversely pleased that it may not be the case this time. :)

Yes, the LED on the receiving WoodnGate is red.

Many thanks for looking into this!

• @ALB
    haha no problem, everybody makes a mistake from time to time, I also usually suspect myself in the first place :-)
    btw I found the problem, still doing crosschecking and testing.
    best rgds,
    Woodman

• @woodman - that’s great!

• @ALB,
    version 1.1 is now on the AppStore with a fix for the AUM sidechain.
    Let me know if you would still encounter problems.
    best rgds,
    Woodman

• Ahhhh, works now - thanks @woodman !

• a happy customer makes a happy developer :-)

• @woodman said:
    a happy customer makes a happy developer :-)

:)

• hi all,
    I just released WoodnGate v1.2 which I think has a nice creative feature :
    when the Gate is Opened or Closed a Midi command (Note On, CC, ...) can be sent (to other plugins, devices, computers). 
This allows for example an analog drum track on which WoodnGate is inserted to play notes/sounds on another synth plugin for each drum beat triggering the Gate. Or it can serve as a side chain mechanism to another plugin/DAW and even device (as midi travels over the network).
    Woodman

• Version: 1.5

Added AUv3 multi-bus (side chain) support