Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum / cubasis crackle

Creating a simple track and getting a lot of crackle. Running one channel in aum with synthmaster one, two effects and running aum out to cubasis with 2 other audio channels. Controlling sm1 via cubasis native keys.
I did a hard reboot and still getting crackle.

Comments

• I'm new to synth master 1.... Could that be the problem ?

• What buffer size / latency settings are you using in Cubasis or AUM?
    (It's the first audio app that gets launched that dictates the buffer-size).

• Should "large recording buffer "be selected

• @reasOne said:
    Should "large recording buffer "be selected

Increase the hardware latency in Cubasis and that should take care of it.
    Normal in Cubasis is 256 in AUM if I don't remember wrong.

• @reasOne I don't understand your setup.

AUM is not visible in Cubasis and I also see no MIDI track.

Interesting would be the buffer in AUM and the CPU usage in AUM.
    The CPU usage in Cubasis is just very low.

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:
    Should "large recording buffer "be selected

Increase the hardware latency in Cubasis and that should take care of it.
    Normal in Cubasis is 256 in AUM if I don't remember wrong.

Sweet!! Ima give it a try, thank ya man

• @tja said:
    @reasOne I don't understand your setup.

Oops aum is track one, it's cut off in the images and video I guess

• @tja said:
    @reasOne I don't understand your setup.

This is what's up in aum.

• @reasOne said:

I would consider skipping AUM for this since it's possible to host both IAA and AUv3 effects inside Cubasis.
    When you need to 'audio' just freeze the track and move the frozen audio to a new track.

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

I would consider skipping AUM for this since it's possible to host both IAA and AUv3 effects inside Cubasis.
    When you need to 'audio' just freeze the track and move the frozen audio to a new track.

Good call, I just get so used to starting my sessions in AUM then deciding where too go after that...
    I kicked aum buffer to 64 and the crackle is gone, but I don't really understand buffer stuff hehe so I dunno if that's good or bad, but ya might as well just be in cubasis directly

• @reasOne said:

@Samu said:

@reasOne said:

Good call, I just get so used to starting my sessions in AUM then deciding where too go after that...
    I kicked aum buffer to 64 and the crackle is gone, but I don't really understand buffer stuff hehe so I dunno if that's good or bad, but ya might as well just be in cubasis directly

Looking at the screenshots there's also a sample-rate miss match. Cubasis is set to 44.1K and AUM to 48K.
    I'd suggest keeping the latency at 256, it's a good compromise between CPU usage and real-time response.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

Yes, 48k and 41.1k may be part of the problem, as @samu said.
    Normally, you should have gotten a warning about this.

And it's strange that you can remove the crackle with a 64 frames buffer.
    Would also suggest to stay at 256 as you're not playing live.

And, as @samu said, Cubasis would be all you need here.
    Having both Audio and MIDI tracks is a good reason for using a DAW.

• @Samu thanks for pointing that sample rate difference out, I've changed that to match !

@tja ya I deff feel like maybe I should switch this project over to cubasis, but man I love Aum it's hard to remove it from my process, it's fast and simple to set up ☝
    I've got everything matched up and at 256 now, the project is still cracking so ima start another 😂