Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finally! An iOS friendly site for previewing and downloading MIDI files!

Comments

• edited August 2018

sweet! thank for this

I clicked randomize and got some drop 2 voicing 🎶

https://bitmidi.com/jp103-mid

• edited August 2018

Nice find. Was worth putting a link to homescreen, and its got a nice icon too :)

• Very inspired thank you!

• Search is broken. Type any single letter into the search dialogue and nothing matches even a basic regular expression match of that letter for either upper or lower case. Not interested in scrolling through random files myself. Still a worthwhile site for 113000+ midi files ;)

• I use this site quite a bit it has midi files and notation. Just download in my browser iCabMobile.

https://musescore.com/

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Search is broken. Type any single letter into the search dialogue and nothing matches even a basic regular expression match of that letter for either upper or lower case. Not interested in scrolling through random files myself. Still a worthwhile site for 113000+ midi files ;)

I searched for "Bach" and got 19 results.
    I searched for "Prince" and got 36 results.
    I searched for "Rolling Stones" and got 63 results.

Why not used simple strings and require regular expressions?

• Out of curiosity, how do you guys use these midi files? Do you play along to them as-is, as backing tracks for your whatever your main instrument is? Do you reassign the basic sounding GM sounds to various soft synths on your device or to drive hardware? Do you spend time fixing the midi files in terms of incorrect rhythms or notes, creatively apply your own modulation or syncopation to liven it up or make it sound more interesting? That’s what I’d like to do but I always seem to get stuck in the weeds. So far only MTS & Cubase seem to open most midis in a useful way to me, keeping the separate track names and associated sounds. MTS does it best for me. I just remember it being so much easier doing this on desktop in Digital Performer, or Logic or Cusbase 20 years ago. Seems like this particular use of midi files (preparing to use as backing for playing along to cover songs) hasn’t really progressed at the same breakneck speed as the rest of tech. Am I missing something?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I clicked randomize and got some drop 2 voicing 🎶

What's the name of the Drop 2 voicing Midi file? Search didn't know and there's a ton of jazz files.