Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lennon remembered

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

This week it will be 33 years since John Lennon was murdered and the other day it dawned on me how he might have embraced the whole "iOS music thing".

I'm no Lennon expert, but from what I've read he didn't like spending huge amounts of time fiddling in the studio for technical perfection.

And in the early 1970s he was into "instant records" - write the song, record it that night and have it in the shops the following week… at least that was the concept. Singles like "Instant Karma" and "Power To The People" were based on this idea of records as kind of instant news items or protest pieces. In reality it took weeks to get the records out, but the idea was interesting.

And he liked lazing around the house on the sofa watching TV or reading. As we all know, sofas and iPads go together like fish and chips.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I can Imagine him making songs on an iPad and not having to bother with the hassles of studios, labels, producers etc…

He could even get into some of George Martin's audio "jiggery pokery" with apps like Samplr, Turnado, Yellofier etc.

And with iTunes he could have a song recorded and out to millions of fans worldwide in a single day, something even the huge EMI company were unable to do in the 1970s.

Hard to believe it is 33 years...

Comments

• What a cool picture...John Lennon composing on an iPad.

Great post.

• edited December 2013

legend says "Instant Karma" was composed in the morning, recorded in the afternoon, and printed to vinyl in the evening. Don't know if that is true.

No I think Lennon would still use the guitar and his voice and a simple tape recorder today for composing. A sheet of paper and a pencil for the lyrics. He might have an iPad, but not use it.

• edited December 2013

Remember that "Yellow Submarine" (English, Spanish, etc.) is free in the iBooks Store.

• At this moment I am listening to the Breakfast with the Beatles radio broadcast just as we do every Sunday morning.