Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VGSG's FREE SF2 Pack for iOS (BS-16i) - Overview

The instructions dramatically and ~wrongly~ tell you that you must install the fonts from a desktop.

NOT TRUE. Download the .zip file into any file management app that can unzip, and then share the individual .SF2 files with BS-16i.

Comments

• Thanks for this!

• Would like to get this, but a working email adress is required, which I will not give them.

So, it's only "semi-free"

• Downloaded via GoodReader, had to do a “reboot “ and thank you to the VGSG people, these sounds are gorgeous and they really show off the ever-great BS-16i. I feel nice and mellow all over.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Downloaded via GoodReader, had to do a “reboot “ and thank you to the VGSG people, these sounds are gorgeous and they really show off the ever-great BS-16i. I feel nice and mellow all over.

They’re really high quality for a soundfont.

I don’t know why they insist on a desktop install.

• Are the sounds looped or all single-shot?

• edited August 2018

can someone advise in detail ( apps used)... how to do it using iphone/IOS only?

• I used safari to register for the freeby

Then copied the download link from email into ifiles2

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ifiles-2/id1104795347?mt=8

Then once the file had downloaded - it takes a while it’s a big file.

I made a new folder in iFiles and moved the downloaded zip file into it

Then I opened the new folder, long pressed the zip file and selected extract

This resulted in a new folder which contained the individual sf2 files

Long press on one of the sf2 files and select bs-16i from the pop up of apps that can open sf2 files

• Some very nice sounds for free (or in exchange for your email address).

• edited August 2018

I did not need a desktop to install. Downloaded straight to Dropbox on my phone, unzipped in Audioshare, then loaded into bs-16i.
    They sound great.

• Hey, just made an account on here to explain why I did what I did when this was available.

Long story short and to be VERY frank, my customer base were largely idiots. The sheer amount of emails on how to get this working drove me insane. So I found a way that... AT THAT TIME worked, and made sure I put it in big bold letters for even the blind to see.

However, these instructions were written for my first iOS product "VGSG's iKS20." And again this was a time (2015) were you could NOT actually extract ZIP files from an iOS device. I tried, many tried, Google how to tract 7-Zip created ZIP files on iOS in the year 2015. Very few apps could and then also at that time, it was very hard to, all on an iOS device, to move those SF2s to where they needed to be in BS-16i. Now you can use AirDrop and everything else but back then? File Sharing via iTunes.

Hope this clears that up.

• edited July 2020

@tja said:
    Would like to get this, but a working email adress is required, which I will not give them.

I think you need this in your life.
    https://33mail.com/

You can create adresse on the fly that will be redirected to you email adresse. You can block any the created adresse from sending you mail. It is a life saver.

I been using the free version for years.

In this case I would use [email protected]

• Is there a link for this? The video is dead.

• @ecou said:

@tja said:
    Would like to get this, but a working email adress is required, which I will not give them.

I think you need this in your life.
    https://33mail.com/

You can create adresse on the fly that will be redirected to you email adresse. You can block any the created adresse from sending you mail. It is a life saver.

I been using the free version for years.

In this case I would use [email protected]

An email address was only used to send the file. Kind of redundant to do that since you wouldn't get access to download ever again...

• @RJB said:
    Is there a link for this? The video is dead.

Video is dead because this product is dead.

• Got it, thanks.

• Sorry I mean I understand

• @VGSGMusic said:
    Hey, just made an account on here to explain why I did what I did when this was available.

Long story short and to be VERY frank, my customer base were largely idiots. The sheer amount of emails on how to get this working drove me insane. So I found a way that... AT THAT TIME worked, and made sure I put it in big bold letters for even the blind to see.

However, these instructions were written for my first iOS product "VGSG's iKS20." And again this was a time (2015) were you could NOT actually extract ZIP files from an iOS device. I tried, many tried, Google how to tract 7-Zip created ZIP files on iOS in the year 2015. Very few apps could and then also at that time, it was very hard to, all on an iOS device, to move those SF2s to where they needed to be in BS-16i. Now you can use AirDrop and everything else but back then? File Sharing via iTunes.

Hey, welcome, and thanks for the explanation. It’s easy to forget how crippled iOS was a few years ago.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@VGSGMusic said:
    Hey, just made an account on here to explain why I did what I did when this was available.

Hey, welcome, and thanks for the explanation. It’s easy to forget how crippled iOS was a few years ago.

Apple has continually amazed me with it's dedication to improving iOS for music production and office use. :)

• @tja said:

Just create an account on yahoo/gmail that you only use for these type of downloads, and promos and stufff

• @Poppadocrock said:

@tja said:

Just create an account on yahoo/gmail that you only use for these type of downloads, and promos and stufff

BTW, Yahoo supports disposable emails (up to 500).

• edited July 2020

I downloaded a whole load of Hauptwerk organ soundfonts as zip files and loaded their contents into bs-16i without problems in 2014. Squidfont orchestral stuff too. Not sure why someone would have had problems a year later...

Edit - My mistake, it was 2013.

• @yug said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@tja said:

BTW, Yahoo supports disposable emails (up to 500).

Dang 500 I knew it was a decent amount but did not realize they allowed you to create 500. Dam.

• Seems like there are plenty of sf2's. Still searching for a decent drum soundfont but can't find anything exciting out there.